Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Producer/Showrunner?
This poll is closed.
Verity Lambert 49 7.04%
John Wiles 1 0.14%
Innes Lloyd 1 0.14%
Peter Bryant 3 0.43%
Derrick Sherwin 3 0.43%
Barry Letts 12 1.72%
Phillip Hinchcliffe 62 8.91%
Graham Williams 3 0.43%
John Nathan-Turner 15 2.16%
Philip Segal 3 0.43%
Russel T Davies 106 15.23%
Steven Moffat 114 16.38%
Son Goku 324 46.55%
Total: 696 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Watching the Sea of Death serial and so far it's fantastic. From the whole cliffhanger of "This is Barbra's... it's got blood on it!" and then solving it next episode with "Oh, I just got scared and scratched myself trying to tear it off! :D" to the realisation that the collecting of keys and travelling to different locations is a great D&D/video game style plot. The Doctor's just gone ahead to solo quest while the party goes to the screaming jungle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

I was certain the beginning of the 50th anniversary which began in the similar vein to An Unearthly Child also featured the school Ian and Barbara were from, which Clara now tought at. But I'd never bothered checking. Now I know.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

The doctor may be interesting, but the show really shines with the dynamic between companions. Having one companion all the time can really hurt the show and I'm glad Moffat worked that out early on to drag Rory into it with Amy. I was hoping he wouldn't just stick with Clara.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Evil Sagan posted:

I kind of hope they keep the whole Coal Hill thing as a cute coincidence and nod to the older series, and not the center of some big decade-spanning metaplot retroactively applied to Hartnell's run.

Every time Moffat talks about upcoming developments in the show, my penis sort of shrinks inside my body.

You say this as if a decade spanning meta plot wouldn't be AWESOME.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Well, he's certainly mad.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Clara just steered the Doctor on the right path so the original series actually happened, and then she was around to make sure the entire thing wasn't retconned. She just solidified that all of those episodes actually happened.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

I think the GI was just influencing the subtle events of where the Doctor almost died and Clara came in after and just made sure he didn't actually.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

jng2058 posted:

You say that, yet I know lots of gamers who hide their hobby from disapproving spouses. Sneaking books or minis around when going on "fishing trips" or "to the bar" with friends when they're actually slinging dice.

The thing of it is, not everyone ends up married to someone who shares all their interests. Love can be a bitch sometimes.

Why would you marry somebody who disapproves of your hobbies so much that you'd have to hide them? That's a pretty lovely relationship.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Bicyclops posted:

I really hope that the show doesn't bother to explain Capaldi's wedding ring, firstly because it really doesn't need to be explained and secondly because we can look forward to fans bending over backward to find twenty in-universe explanations for something that is obviously a characteristic of the actor portraying the Doctor.

He wears a ring because of the same reason he wears his style of clothing. That incarnation feels like it suits. Just like the fourth doctor liked that scarf.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Just like McGann was screwed out of his own season, he gets screwed out of a whole hour too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

You monster.

• Locked thread