Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Producer/Showrunner?
This poll is closed.
Verity Lambert 49 7.04%
John Wiles 1 0.14%
Innes Lloyd 1 0.14%
Peter Bryant 3 0.43%
Derrick Sherwin 3 0.43%
Barry Letts 12 1.72%
Phillip Hinchcliffe 62 8.91%
Graham Williams 3 0.43%
John Nathan-Turner 15 2.16%
Philip Segal 3 0.43%
Russel T Davies 106 15.23%
Steven Moffat 114 16.38%
Son Goku 324 46.55%
Total: 696 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

The Keys of Marinus is pretty much a video game fetch quest, and I love it for it. I whish we'd see something like this in the modern show. Some plot having the Doctor travel around adventuring in different weird places for a couple of episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

While a 8 and 12 multiple doctor story would be good, I think it's a bit too soon for that. We just had one of those with Day of the Doctor, and I think those should be reserved for the anniversaries. Focus on the current Doctor and keep looking forward. To much fan-wank towards the older seasons only hurts the show, I think. It was fine last year because that was after all the 50th. Some nods here and there are cool, but it would be better if they focused on new stuff and not just rehashing old ideas and doctors.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

I have a 3D TV. Never used it.

As for the 50th I thought it was the only thing worth watching since somewhere in season 6.

While I thought RTD generally improved throughout his running Moffat just seems to be slipping more and more.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

For those who care, Gracepoint trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9IWvbbZPZc

Umm, what's up with Tennants accent? He faked a good english one, but this sounds very forced.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

If memory serves, I think 11 says something like: "A whole new regeneration cycle, this one's going to be a whopper" or something while flinging magic hand lazers around. So that's probably the excuse they were going for.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

What was the deal with the sonic in season 7? it kept making GBS threads out and being lost in several episode but I don't think it ever lead to anything?

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Astroman posted:

I think the whole anniversary year was pitch perfect myself, but Day was the crown jewel. He really gave the fans everything they could have wanted and then some. When you have a showrunner who is a fan, they may be off sometimes, but when they are on, they're on.

I'm wholly convinced that having fans as showrunners is a bad thing.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Burkion posted:

And then Clara woodenly expresses that it scares her.

Well, thatīs sort of how she expresses everything

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Human Nature/The Family of Blood are great episodes, and I recommend people watch them again if they haven't for a while.

yeah, alright, think i will. Good write-up.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Netflix has at least one serial from each Doctor so you could just do what I do which is watch one episode per day. 25 minute chunks is the best way to view the old stuff, any longer and it gets grating.
I will say that the one thing that the show has been consistently good at it is casting the doctor, i think i've liked all of the doctors so far. I'm up to 4 now, and hes amasing in the role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

vegetables posted:

Not in the UK :(

Get Media Hint, watch them on the US one. easy-peasy.

• Locked thread