Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Producer/Showrunner?
This poll is closed.
Verity Lambert 49 7.04%
John Wiles 1 0.14%
Innes Lloyd 1 0.14%
Peter Bryant 3 0.43%
Derrick Sherwin 3 0.43%
Barry Letts 12 1.72%
Phillip Hinchcliffe 62 8.91%
Graham Williams 3 0.43%
John Nathan-Turner 15 2.16%
Philip Segal 3 0.43%
Russel T Davies 106 15.23%
Steven Moffat 114 16.38%
Son Goku 324 46.55%
Total: 696 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010

Fungah! posted:

That cut with Levine's face superimposed over the citadel cracks me up every time, god

If he was crying it'll be the Doctor Who thread equivalent of :britain:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
Speaking of Doctor Who video games, here's a thing:

http://games.usvsth3m.com/2048-doctor-who-edition/

I managed to get up to McGann.

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010

quote:

Torchwood ends up coming across as utterly nonthreatening and breathtakingly incompetent.

When taken out of context like this, it's hard to decide whether you're talking about the Torchwood in Doctor who, Torchwood - the show or Torchwood the Cardiff team :v:

To me Army of Ghosts/Doomsday got better in repeat viewings. At that point, when it originally aired I didn't really season 2 or David's Doctor that much and I was uninterested in the 10/Rose 'Romance', so I think a lot of the good points went over my head.

Also that Ghostbusters scene was loving terrible.

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
Speaking of booze and Tom Baker (as if it could be about anything else) Tom did a interview with Den of Geek and the interview mentions him buying a round:

quote:

Final question then. You've talked in the past about how you liked to tease Jon Pertwee, over his inability to buy a round of drinks. But with all the people you've teased over the years, has anyone got you back?

Well they couldn't try that one, because I always buy the drinks [laughs]. The thing about Jon Pertwee is that you have to be very, very careful you know. Because sometimes... well, people say to me that he did. And I said yes, I know. Apparently he had this terrible dream where he was in a bar and had to buy everyone a drink. And this caused a cardiac infarction. I thought it was quite droll really. Anyway, he's dead, but afterwards someone said 'listen Tom, don't say that'. I was being insensitive.

http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/doctor-who/234736/tom-baker-interview-doctor-who-fans-harrison-ford

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

The jump of a year allows us to see the extent of the Master's crimes, but also reduces them to intellectual affairs. Lines like "the only one to survive Japan alive" and "ALL of Russia are rocket-yards" sound chilling but are too great in scope and too detached by their position in the story's past to have any real impact on any of us. The closest we ever get to see of the every day victims of the Master's tyranny comes when Martha hides out in a house packed full of workers, and while they certainly aren't looking particularly cheery they hardly come across as the victims of a year-long campaign of forced labor, brutal culling and starvation. A family show like Doctor Who is never going to go too over the top with portraying the horrors of a global society that makes North Korea look welcoming - but it makes it hard to take the supposedly desperate, teetering on the edge of despair state of the earth too seriously.

RTD did the whole "The Earth has completely gone to poo poo" a whole lot more effectively in Turn Left. Especially this scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J2BD1qnqwM

Sorry about the terrible video description. It's the only one I could find.

• Locked thread