Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
72nd bday virgin
Dec 8, 2013

I really hate the stereotypical "Wife who doesn't realize that her husband with a world-shakingly-important job's professional life is more important than she is" character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

72nd bday virgin
Dec 8, 2013

It's a character that appears throughout several forms of media and it's always frustrating.

Yellow Jackson
Jan 13, 2013

by Ralp

I don't have a TV, idiot.

fuck trophy 2k14
Jun 8, 2012

If you rub it, it will get stiff.

Yellow Jackson posted:

I don't have a TV, idiot.

its not tv

its hbo

wait poo poo

gggiiimmmppp
Feb 15, 2004

Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels

not to mention you never once see her in the kitchen

what does he even eat

72nd bday virgin
Dec 8, 2013

House of cards isn't even on TV bitch rear end

72nd bday virgin
Dec 8, 2013

gggiiimmmppp posted:

not to mention you never once see her in the kitchen

what does he even eat

freddy's ribs

Don Tacorleone
Apr 2, 2013

Well, that's how women are really

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

May your eyes be opened by the wonderful

As you wish.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

being president isn't actually v.important as your just a shill for the corporations

E1M1
Jul 5, 2005

she's actually a feminist hero OP and you should really CYP (Check Your Posting) before you criticize her again

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

House of Cards is a really bad TV show. Wasn't filmed on location in DC and also gets dull fast since the main character has a cheat code to guide past any angry old white obstacle.

On the bright side it has sexposition and also Kate Mara helps answer the quality vs quantity question.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Maybe I got time to figure out how to de-spirit a toaster.

Apparently she's a way less crappy character in the original version

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012
Who do I have to piss off to get a red title?

72nd bday virgin posted:

It's a character that appears throughout several forms of media and it's always frustrating.

That's because women operate on pure emotion. Having their husbands pay attention to them makes them feel good and like children, they think stuff that makes them feel good is more important than anything else

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

I am so excited to be on the internet, be nice to me :-) <3

72nd bday virgin posted:

I really hate the stereotypical "Wife who doesn't realize that her husband with a world-shakingly-important job's professional life is more important than she is" character.

Like most women, the president's wife is a crazy bitch.

maninacape
May 11, 2003

super dynamic

edit:nm. Thinking of the wrong president.

maninacape fucked around with this message at Feb 20, 2014 around 00:13

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

You could say the supporting cast to that show pretty much collapses every episode

....like a house of cards.

E1M1
Jul 5, 2005

Honestly, what's with TV shows and movies that everyone says are good but are actually bad (House of Cards, Her, Sherlock, etc.)

Yellow Jackson
Jan 13, 2013

by Ralp

E1M1 posted:

Honestly, what's with TV shows and movies that everyone says are good but are actually bad (House of Cards, Her, Sherlock, etc.)

No idea, I don't watch TV.

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

The future ain't what it used to be

72nd bday virgin posted:

She's just kind of selfish. There is also the wife of the VP and she's one of the more powerful characters in the show period. Though I guess the replacement speaker is a "choose her career over romance" stereotype so you may be on to something.

Yellow Jackson posted:

No idea, I don't watch TV.

You seem really proud of that fact can you tell us more

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked

I tried to watch season 2 but after binging the first season in a week I don't remember poo poo about it now so i'll probably never watch it again

Don Tacorleone
Apr 2, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

You could say the supporting cast to that show pretty much collapses every episode

....like a house of cards.

drat! Mind blown.

Yellow Jackson
Jan 13, 2013

by Ralp

Fisticuffs posted:

You seem really proud of that fact can you tell us more

Obviously not, as I have no loving idea what anyone in this thread are talking about. Get this through your thick skull: Me no watchey TV. 'Nuff said.

- Yellow Jackson.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Alt for Norge

Medium Cool posted:

I tried to watch season 2 but after binging the first season in a week I don't remember poo poo about it now so i'll probably never watch it again

Whats it like having a toddler brain. Retard

72nd bday virgin
Dec 8, 2013

I like this show because the level of emotional manipulation that each of the characters works with reminds me of my natural state of being. I'm getting some good tips and seeing some of my old tricks in action.

72nd bday virgin
Dec 8, 2013

E1M1 posted:

Honestly what's with people hating on things and TV shows and music and movies and any media. It's really stupid to hate something just because you're not the target demographic. I bet you hate Tyler Perry too you racist poo poo

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

72nd bday virgin posted:

I like this show because the level of emotional manipulation that each of the characters works with reminds me of my natural state of being. I'm getting some good tips and seeing some of my old tricks in action.

Even the scheming on the show is not rewarding rewarding since it's horribly forced, especially how Underwood's character seems to have a insta-win cheat code and how he never faces effective opposition.

72nd bday virgin
Dec 8, 2013

etalian posted:

Even the scheming on the show is not rewarding rewarding since it's horribly forced, especially how Underwood's character seems to have a insta-win cheat code and how he never faces effective opposition.

take a look at the title of the series and draw your own conclusions for how the future of the show will play out

Your Dead Gay Son
Jan 1, 2006

The (gay) pizza man cometh...

Watch Veep instead. Tia

72nd bday virgin
Dec 8, 2013

No thanks, I don't even watch TV.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

Come on Abed, let's spoon in the Gluon Chamber.

Medium Cool posted:

Kevin Spacey became vice president and Kate Mara hosed everybody because she's a strong independent female.

You're all caught up.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Pick posted:

Apparently she's a way less crappy character in the original version

she's hardly in the original at all except for giving her husband Francis Uruqhart permission to bone whoever he wants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Wendigee posted:

she's hardly in the original at all except for giving her husband Francis Uruqhart permission to bone whoever he wants.

Also the original is only like 12 hour long episodes total.

3 seasons of 4 episodes each. They REALLLY slow it down for the American version... but I think I prefer the detail and side chars in the US version. Season 2 was slightly limp though.