Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

Hello TG. I would like to talk about puzzles that you can twist and turn and solve and impress your friends with. The only experience I have with them is being able to solve a 3x3x3 in about a minute and I recently learned how to solve a Megaminx in about ten. I've wanted to try out some bigger cubes, although the whole parity stuff with the even numbered cubes (4x4, 6x6, etc) is a little intimidating.

For those of you that are interested in solving a Rubik's cube yourself, there are plenty of guides right here on the internet, such as Dan Brown's old video here. For many people (including me), rote memorization of algorithms was their key to solving the Rubik's cube, but theoretically you could solve one yourself using pure logic.

That's all I have to say for now and I look forward to discussing twisty puzzles with you all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!
While It's not exactly a Rubiks Cube this looks like the best place to ask this so I'm saving this thread from the archives by asking about something I recently rediscovered.

It's from Random House, called "Luminations" and it's the most badass thing in the universe IMHO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1ZdYd39Mi8

http://www.jaapsch.net/puzzles/luminat.htm

I can't find any of these on eBay - does anyone know somewhere I could get ahold of an old electronic toy like this? Thanks

• Locked thread