Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

jimma posted:

Are you currently shirtless and/or riding a horsebear?

FTFY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

utjkju posted:

Yes, I am Vladimir Putin.)

Can I borrow a T-64?

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

Earwicker posted:

Can I borrow a T-64?

Or a Buk missile system?

Oh wait, never mind, you don't loan those out.

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine
Utjkju, there are activists in Siberia that are fighting for federalization of Siberia. They are going to march on Aug 17 to show support for this cause. The organizers of the march are using exactly the same terms and language as Russian officials use when they are talking about the Donbass/Lugansk separatist republics. But Russian censors blocked/closed their Facebook/vKontakte pages. How do you feel about that?

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

utjkju posted:

Если правда то, что вы написали, то вы должны понимать, что люди из РФ и Восточной Украины никогда не признают нацистов. Нам хватило Второй мировой. Никто и никогда не будет восхвалять Гитлера и Бандеру, как это делают власти Украины (случай на День победы) и люди с Западной Украины.Это война против фашизма.Это даже поляки и чехи понимают. Но этого не понимает англоязычное сообщество.
Если вы еврей, то вы забыли про холокост? Как вы можете поддерживать фашистов?
:lol: Русские были фашистами еще до того как существовали фашисты. Без ваших усилий по разжиганию антисемитизма, Гитлера, холокоста и второй мировой скорее всего бы и не было.

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Forgall posted:

:lol: Русские были фашистами еще до того как существовали фашисты. Без ваших усилий по разжиганию антисемитизма, Гитлера, холокоста и второй мировой скорее всего бы и не было.

Quoted for truth.

Basically, that the German mass execution of Jews wouldn't have happened without the Russian's example of Anti-Semitism and pogroms.

It's crass to suggest the Russians are fighting against Nazis when the Soviets represented everything reprehensible about the Nazis.

Ferdinand the Bull fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Aug 12, 2014

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

Quoted for truth.

Basically, that the German mass execution of Jews wouldn't have happened without the Soviet's example of Anti-Semitism and pogroms.

It's crass to suggest the Russians are fighting against Nazis when the Soviets represented everything reprehensible about the Nazis.
That was way before USSR.

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Forgall posted:

Russia/ Soviet
Doesn't mean anything other than I'm mixing up terms.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Forgall posted:

The large pogroms were before USSR yes but anti-semitism certainly continued to be a problem

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctors%27_plot

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Anti-Fascist_Committee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

Russia/ Soviet
Doesn't mean anything other than I'm mixing up terms.

They're kind of vastly different. The opinions of the average person in Moscow Oblast and the average person in Galitsiya aren't very similar. Throw the Baltics into the mix, and there's really no way you can say "all Soviets/Imperial Russians were like this"

• Locked thread