Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.
El Mago- Agencia Central

"Even the sun is sad for the poor gato!
Do dont worry Niña, these are easy tasks for superheros like us!
Take this as my thanks, and let it warm your heart with justice!"

*El Mago then produces a photograph of himself, which he autographs and hands to Molly

"To my fellow heros. If we must split up to do these tasks, I request fighting the loco robot.
I do not wish to judge, but some of you are still very young and I could not allow you to face such peril without my help!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Jeffrey

He puts on his helmet and shrugs.
"I'd say deal with the bank robbery first, it's the only time-sensitive one. The cat and Doctor Death will be there later. I don't expect the bank robbers to stick around and order a pizza."

He forces the crusader sword out of existence and lays his hand on his home-made one.
"That said, I have no objections to dealing with the Good Doctor if you guys want to start in the thick of things. If we dealt with the cat, I could make a little stairwell of floating swords, but again, that might not give the right image and is prone to accidents..."

At the mention of a bus-pass he nods, "The only way I get around is heavy metal jogging... Not as rad as it sounds, so if anyone can offer a lift I'd be grateful."

Jade Mage fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Feb 27, 2014

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Kat

"I did enjoy learning about myself, and how little we know. For my graduate thesis, I am planning to attempt to go down to the mantle, there are a lot of worries though, what would happen if I got lost? I mean hundreds of miles of molten deep, it seems kind of scary, but we will see." She gave a much more confident smile to Julie.

To Sprite she said, "Oh, then you and I should come up with a system! I have been wanting to try to see how hot I can actually get! Also I love a good molten bath, but the trip to the place I have to do it soooo far-" the conversation cut off by accusations and that is when she heard Lionel Richie.

Oh god, no this, The chill dork can't be here now. He loves to do that boom box in the rain poo poo below her apartment all the time. In a effort to get through before she had to "Hey, Garret. Accidents Happen. Okay, no one here was intentionally trying to hurt anyone." Her eyes flare a brief red and there is a wave of heat that seems to come off of her. Accidents just happen and sometimes you can't prevent bad things from happening.

"Oh hello, Roy." She says as the metal arm rests for her chair start to deform from her hands which seem to have picked up a bit of a red glow. After a moment Kat, focuses on her hand and they die down to a lower heat.

"Hi! Molly!" Kat says no longer flustered and instead a getting a bit of a cute overload from their contact. This was awesome and best of all she got to draw the missions. "Oh yes, our first assignment." Thing were looking up.

She looks over the missions with a bit of a smile over her face and a bit of envy, "Wow those are very good, I wish I could use crayons but they just melt in my hands. Pencils, I can do." Kat reaches into her book bag and pulls out of a blue crayon. She holds it in her hand and it slowly softens and starts to drip slowly. Kat catches the wax in her other hand and it puddles like water.

"I keep these around for practice." Kat says looking at the others and then focusing back on the missions themselves. Wiping her hands on a wax covered cloth before stuffing it in her jean pocket. "So, lets see. We have Doctor Death attacking, A kitty in a tree and a bank robbery." She sighs eying the bank robbery one, reminding of how her dad had funded his many robotic creations.

"We should most likely do this in an organized fashion, maybe whose powers mixes with it best?" She says with a hot smile hopefully.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Feb 27, 2014

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Sprite

"Molly!" Lydia cheers lightly, beaming at the little girl. Forget the display cases of costumes, action figures and stuffy dolls, Molly is totally the most adorbs thing in the office. She's obviously on business though, carrying those folders, so Lydia sits on an urge to scoop the tyke up or ruffle the ears on her cute kitty hat.

"Oh no, poor kitty!" she croons, frowning pensively at the sad drawing. The others get a cursory glance, and Molly gets a smile and a nod when it comes out that she did the diagrams all by herself.

Lydia interjects as discussion begins. "Molly just said that we need to do them all simultaneously so, unless someone can fold time, that means splitting up." She glances at the folders again and pouts. "I'd like to help the kitty out of the tree, but if Doctor Death is all about robots then I should help with that. I can crash electronics at a distance."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Kat

"Exactly! That is what I was thinking Sprite!" She says now much more relaxed, "We just split everyone up into the best team for the job."

Radioactive Bears
Jun 27, 2012

Creatures of horrid visage and disposition.
The Revenger
Central Agency

"Well I hate to miss punching a evil robot doctor villain, but I'm probably better suited to the bank robbery," The Revenger says, slipping into a cape, and taking off his shirt to reveal a matching orange costume underneath, "if we're splitting up by who's going to be most useful where, that is." Soon he looks less like somebody that wandered in off the street and manages to cut an imposing, if slightly generic figure in costume. "Tim, sounds like you might be best suited to talk that cat down, but a superstrong gorilla is the sort of hero that is useful anywhere I imagine."

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Julie

Glurk. Sprite's trying to be nice, even as Julie pulls her head down a little bit. "Right," she says. "Mind control," she says, brushing at her hair furtively. "Cleveland? Um, well that was the hometown of Venus when she started the Young New Defenders and....probably nobody wants a history lesson, I bet," she hurries through the rest. "God I hope not," she whispers to Roy's question about mint control powers.

Good thing Tim snaps her out of it. "Yes! Yes! Share, enjoy!" Julie declares with a flurry of handwaves, shifting back in her seat. She picks through the remains of her gyro when Molly edges in and presents the files. "Hey Mol Doll!" Julie perks up. Everybody in the Young New Defenders knew Molly, of course. How could you not? She was secretary of the fan club!

"Tree shouldn't be a problem for me or Sprite. You fly, right?" she asks Sprite. "I'm fast," she offers. "A bank robbery shouldn't be hard to handle," she says with a smile.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Garrett M. Blazington III – Central Agency

Garrett scrutinises the various assignments, eyeing the tree–thwarted kitten especially closely. Thinking back to one of his HIREUS interviews, he then quite gravely addresses the girl: "Miss Molly, are there any additional details to go with these missions? This kitten, in particular…it wouldn't happen to belong to a little old lady, would it? And slash or be a scratching, hissing monstrosity driven by nothing but utter loathing for all humankind?" The devil looks at his fellow heroes. "I should like to be present when this is dealt with, if at all possible. Kittens are not always what they seem to be," he informs them just as gravely, "nor are little old ladies." Garrett sighs a little wistfully. "If I am to be doing good, I should at least like to do it properly."

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

My brother gave me half of a rock and told me to wait for you in the woods...
Tim - Central Agency

Tim grins broadly at the tiny artist, "If you say so, Kid, these are pretty good. I wouldn't be surprised if crayons were your superpower."

After a few moments thought, he says

"Hey Molly, who gave you these missions anyway?"

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Kat

"I think that I should go up against the Doctor. I know an expert on robotics who might be able to help me against him." Kat though seriously for a moment and remembered the picture of her mother standing over a man dressed in similar gear. How had she felt when she first met dad?

"Also you never know." She said, thinking maybe this villain was trying to take after her father. She wouldn't let her family's legacy be that. Kat couldn't.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Julie

"It's true, sometimes they want cheezburger," Julie says with a sage nod and a barely restrained smile.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

I may not have any grand access to internet for the next week, I'll see what I can do, but I may be mostly inactive. Family issues, apologies.

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

Katrina - Central Agency

"Hey, Molllllll~ly." Okay, so there are some things in the world that get genuine smiles out of Katrina, cute-as-a-button kids like Molly being one of them. "Oh, jeez..." Oh jeez, indeed! Her expression turns dire as she peers over the crayola masterpieces before her. "A cat, huh? Welllll....oth--well, cats are tyrannical jerks and I hate them. See, even the sun's scared of the cat! He's...wait, is the sun a he or a she? Er...never mind that. Um..."

She peeeeeeers down at the first drawing, as if scrutinizing some tiny tiny detail. "...the sun's, like, inching away from the cat."

She takes a gander at the next one. Bank robbery? Booooooring.

"Doctor Death?" She reaches back for another fistful of Swedish Fish, dipping them into a bowl of something and gobbling the whole mess up. "Nowf we're aal--" She swallows, again. Not much for chewing, huh? "--Now we're talkin--waaaaait a second."

Aaaaand all of a sudden Katrina has this vaguely disconcerting half-smile, plotting smile. "You guys...why don't we try to pit Doctor Death against the kitten? Y'know--" She cracks her knuckles all dramatic-like-- "--to the death." She stage-whispers to the devil beside her~ "You see it too, right? That kitty looks like t-r-o-u-b-l-e. Maybe even more dangerous than Doctor Death! Much too dangerous to run loose."

Ningyou fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Mar 1, 2014

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

"Cheeseburgers, yes," the devil intones, "one of the Forbidden Foods. They are to kittens, as you call them, what water was to those…goblins? Kobolds? The name escapes me, but you remember that movie, don't you?" He smiles. "It was quite clever of them to engineer such a meme; and now, unwittingly, you are all playing right into their hands. Or paws, as that may be." There is a vaguely admiring look on his face as he says this.

Garrett looks at Katrina, raising one eyebrow. Silent for a time, he taps a black–nailed finger against his chin, thoughtful, until finally giving the young woman a devious smile. "Indeed," is his simple, murmured response. "Although property values are bound to take a hit wherever such evil–doers as those two clash, make no mistake."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Kat

She looks from the devil to Katrina her eyes blinking slowly as she sat quietly. There is a moment of pause as she gives another long blink to them each.

"Please let's not throw cats at super villains. I like cats." She imagines a cat meowing as it is horribly stomped by a black boot. Cringing at all the right moments.

Radioactive Bears
Jun 27, 2012

The Revenger
Central Agency

The Revenger finishes buckling his utility belt in time to hear the plan regarding kittens and trees. He coughs into his fist, short and sharp. "You know what, maybe I could go for some cat saving. Some good old fashioned cat saving." He looks a bit befuddled at the others in the room, "The kind that doesn't involve any kind of blood sacrifice to a super villain with cheeseburgers or whatever. Yeah. Put me down for the cat saving little lady."

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Central Agency - Central Avenue

Molly takes the autographed photograph and studies it intensely for a while. "I know where I saw this before!" She blurts out with a smile, everybody almost being able to see the lightbulb going off over her head. "They keep falling out of the big rubbish bins the cleaners use at night! There's always so many a'them in there." She smiles.

"Hi Cat! Hi Sprite! Hi Turbo Girl! Hi Kitty!" Their pint-sizzed handler waves to each of them in turn, not really fazed by any of the weird and wonderful super stuff that came from being in a room of heroes. She has been living it since she was born, there wasn't much that was going to faze her in this business really. "That's a prejudicial stereotype, Mr. Third." Molly scowls at Garrett, sounding out the big long words but managing to say them correctly. "Old ladies aren't the only people who like cats! Lots of people like kitties!"

"I did! I drewed them!" Molly stamps her foot and pouts at Tim. "And nobody gave me the missions! I got 'em from the board like everybody else does." She firmly corrects Tim, nodding her head strongly as if that put an end to it. In keeping with her roll as bookkeeper, Molly diligently scribbles down in crayon when one of the prospective heroes decides on a job to go to. They are under the categories of 'Kitty' 'Bank' and 'Doctor'. On the back of the piece of paper she was taking this all down on, there was a large, printed heading of 'Cause of Death'. "Come on! You guys gotta do 'em all!" She urges the heroes to break off into teams.

jade mage that's a-ok! hope things look up for you soon

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Rachel

"I guess I can take on Doctor Death. I mean anyone who actually goes out there and names themselves Doctor Death is in serious need of psychological counselling and I'm a half-trained medical professional."

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Julie

"Agreed, definitely no cat throwing. That's just mean, even if it lands on its feet," Julie says.

"I go by Mach now, Molly," Julie says. Best to try to shed that sidekick name. Also the 'You lead an alien invasion' name. "I can handle the cat, don't worry, and then catch up with you guys for Doctor Death. Can't take that long."

Radioactive Bears
Jun 27, 2012

The Revenger
Central Agency

"I'd like to tag along with you for the kitten rescue, just in case." The Revenger said, looking to Julie, "We might as well all use the buddy system, if we're going to split up." Really, Roy just wanted to pet a kitten before he ended up beating anybody up. Well, that and the buddy system is the best system. "Molly, does this kitten perhaps have some kind of adorable name, or even some mitten-like coloration on it's little paws? This is of the upmost importance." He says to young lady, his eyes set and serious in his orange mask.

~*~*~*~

Put me down for KITTEN RESCUE!

Radioactive Bears fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Mar 3, 2014

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Molly quickly corrects herself. She was nothing if not punctilious. "Hi Match!"

In answer to Roy, as a handler should never leave their charges with too little information, Molly picks up the dossier again. "It's a Garfield." She explains, turning the folder around and showing him the picture again.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Sprite

"Yeeeaaaah, let's consider the cat innocent until proven maniacal. If the tree's really an Ent or something, like in the Lord of the Rings, and kitty's coercing it to do something... that's a different story." Lydia nods slowly in agreement with herself. "Anyway, I can fly, and I could make a ramp or set of stairs for the cat to climb down, but Mach flies better and... what I said before about robots."

After glancing at the ceiling for a second, Lydia scowls. "I hate it when they take generic names like that, and 'doctor' and 'death' are two of the most popular." She leans down and smiles at the crew's little handler. "Molly? Do you know if this Doctor Death does stuff with robots, or were you using your imagination to help you draw him?" she asks.

Looking up, she explains, "If he isn't electronics-themed, I'm probably best at the bank robbery. My geometries can stop small arms fire easily."

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Molly shakes her head. "Nah. He just plays dress-ups as a robot."

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

Tim - Central Agency

Tim ponders the options for a minute, rushing would be foolish.

"Alright, I'll go to the bank. Seems like that one might need some muscle, and we can't all rescue the kitty."

Sorry, I just thought that Molly might be pulling our collective legs

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Kat

She gives a deep sigh and looks down for a moment, "Well, then that means that it makes sense for me to go after Doctor Death." Her dad being an old time villain really caused her to feel forced to go. "I mean, it seems like less chance for people to get hurt too." Kat says with a bit more confidence, walking up to the group around Molly. Shuffling uneasy on her feet, she grabs her backpack.

"I might as well get ready, do you have a place to uh, change a bit? Or at least store our things? I just came from class myself."

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.
El Mago- Depression

My pictures? In the trash? :negative:

I would very much like to suplex a robot man to calm my heart, if it is alright with everyone else.

(Im really overworked now, sorry for being so brief since this started up. Should go back to a normal soon.)

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

Katrina - Central Agency

Suddenly, Katrina looks surprised and way too amused.

"Oh, man. Doctor Death is just a cosplayer or something? We should definitely beat him u--

"...I mean, we should definitely enlist his help with the kitty! Because, you know, anybody who dresses up like a robot instead of, like, Robot Hitler or something? They probably live for shi--" One sheepish near-smile at Molly later, she corrects herself. "They probably live for stuff like--" Here, she extends her arms all stiff-like and sways jerkily-- "BEEP. BOOP. THIS. UNIT. WILL RESCUE. KITTEN. FOR TREE. AM. I. FEELING. WHAT. ARE. FEELINGS. WHAT. IS. LOVE. PLEASE. LOVE. ME--"

Katrina just roooooolls her eyes. "I guess what I mean is, I'll do the Doctor Death one."

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Jeffery

Jeffery rolls his shoulders, shaking the armour back into place with a jingle. "Fighting a robot cross-dresser? Sounds like a hoot, and something that I can really apply myself to... But I'm not sending Tim into a bank robbery solo, so sign me up for some mundane police work! Gorilla and Knight, a real crime fighting duo that people can write songs about!"

It dawns on him that he might be the only one who actually worries he might not come home. He hides his scowl under Estoc's helmet, he's still a superhero, he'll handle it. Aw jeez, am I really that odd in thinking a cat can handle itself? he wonders as he silently watches the conversation unfold.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Taking down names in the folios, Molly seems hard at work while the prospective heroes discuss where they wanted to go.

"Okay!" Molly declares, triumphantly holding her crayon skyward. Scooping up the folders, she skips across to Julie. "Match! Mr. Third! Roy!" She hands over the Kitten caught in tree dossier. "You gotta save the kitty!"

Spinning on the heels of her red mary janes, she turns her attention to Tim. "Mr. Monkey!" She hands him the Bank robbery in progress? folder. "You an' Sprite an' Knight go to the bank." Leaning up on tippy-toes, Molly goes to Tim's ear. "Make sure they're not naughty, m'okay?" She whispers conspiratorially, winking at the end of it.

Then, with only four people left unassigned, it's pretty obvious who Molly decides to address next. "Cat! Kitty! Snowman! Mr. Mask!" She levels her crayon at the four. "You gotta stop the robot." She says, holding out the Doctor Death is taking on all comers!! folder for one of them to take. "Okay?"

First challenge for the newbies! You all have figured out which jobs to do, the dossiers have the addresses on them, so go and do your jobs. But wait! HIREUS doesn't provide staff vehicles! How do you all get to your missions!!!!! Skills! Advantages! Powers! Time to use 'em!!

Robodog fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Mar 9, 2014

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

Tim (Guerrilla Gorilla) - Central Agency

Tim stifles a smile, then gives Molly an exaggerated wink.

"You got it, Boss." He rumbles.

He turns to his erstwhile teammates.

"So how we getting there? I can jump pretty far, that's how I tend to manage. I could probably carry someone with me, not the most stylish ride, but I'm reliable."

Tim is being modest, he could carry everyone in the room. Leaping (Rank 7, 900ft)

Yamtaggler fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Mar 9, 2014

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Sprite!

Everyone's set! Awesome! Sprite pulls her smartphone out as Molly hands the dossier over to Tim, and pops open a map app.

"I can fly, but not really that fast," she tells Tim, and shakes her head. "What's the address? I'm faster teleporting, but I have to take data-- phone lines. It'd be awkward if they ever got rid of the pay phones here in town."

---
Upload (Teleport) 2, Accurate, Extended, Limited to Extended, Medium (Hardlines); range is 4 miles a shot. 2 Move actions, Dazed and Vulnerable for 1 round after arrival.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

"The kitten it is, then," Garrett agrees with a nod, "which I hope will not turn out to be Felis catus daemonicus after all, or anything of the sort." Looking at his teammates Julie and Roy, he produces a key fob from his pocket. "I can give one of you a ride, if you'd like. Just one, though; there isn't room for more." He smiles. "Unless the tree in question is just around the corner to begin with, I suppose." One cannot quite help but get the impression that Garrett might just drive there anyway, not being much of one for such lowly means of transportation as walking if he can help it.

The devil's choice of car turns out to be a little predictable, perhaps, and almost uninspired in a way. But then, what are those low–hanging fruit for if one won't indulge oneself and make a grab for them every once in a while?

The Benefit of being Well–off. :v:

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Jeffery

"Estoc..." he mutters as everyone seems to keep forgetting his name.
"My armour isn't comfortable to move in anyhow, so Tim, I'd take you up on that ride. I can make giant swords as bridges and or platforms for you as we go. My swords find gravity as more of an option than anything when I'm paying attention."

He salutes the child-commander.

Here we go... he thinks, somewhat unenthusiastically

---
Summon Swords (Create) 10, continuous, movable, limited (to swords), precise, innate.

Radioactive Bears
Jun 27, 2012

The Revenger
Gleefully running toward Garret's car

Roy's jaw drops just a bit into a wide, open-mouthed grin as he begins coiling like a spring. "Shotgun!" he yells out in the crowded room, before letting all the tension leave his body and bouncing down toward the fancy vehicle. He looks like a kid on Christmas morning.

~*~*~*~

Shotgun in the fancy car! Otherwise Roy'd be stuck walking.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Kat

With a sigh she slips into the bathroom and folds her clothes carefully into her backpack. With a brief red glowing flash fresh magma is formed into a rather modest dress, constantly flowing back into itself. She steps out into the lounge and asks Molly, "Molly could you put this in my locker, or something? I can't really carry it now." She says with a wicked smile and look at the others uncomfortably.

"Oh Tim! You can jump too, I can do it too. I just have to heat myself up and slingshot myself a bit." She said with a bit of pride. "We can have a competition if you want! I don't think anyone would want to be carried though." Nailed it. Kat felt like she was on a roll and that everyone was going to think that was awesome, and there was no way she wouldn't fit in with these people. She was riding a high.

Kat looked down at her specially shielded phone, that could embed into her new partially molten outfit, the red, glowing under a protective shell of hardened rock. It had taken her years to perfect it, but it worked expertly at what she wanted to do. Noting down the directions and landmarks she was ready to go.

Looking over the Dossier with a respectable distance, "Everyone ready?"

Density Sling 7 (Leap 7 ) [1/2 mile]

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Mar 10, 2014

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Julie

Julie's snickering at Katrina's impression, enough to be somewhat startled when Molly assigns tasks. "Mach," she reiterates, still knowing that it's unlikely she's going to get through to Molly. She remembers being that age herself.

Garrett's look gets returned. "I'm good," she says. Flying, and fast, is so her thing! Isn't that obvious? Maybe she should have taken Sarah's advice and put speed lines on her costume to make it clear. Not that's she's in costume now anyway. She should fix that. "I'll meet you guys there," Julie says. She takes a quick five to change into something far more appropriate, zooming off the roof of HIREUS towards the site of the horrible felis cattus situation. The massive overkill will solve the situation quickly, and give Julie a chance to size up her new teammates.

Flight 10, at a sufficient speed to get to the Kitty Incident Site at the same time as the guys in the automocar, and allow for some time to get her costume on.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Waving to the teams as they hurry off to their jobs, Molly seemed chuffed to bits as the heroes jumped up and got down to the tasks at hand. She was a first class hero manager already, give her a few years and she'd be the one running HIREUS! "Sure can!" Molly hefts Kat's backpack and gives her a big smile and a thumbs up.

Outside of the Fist National Back of Delaware - Downtown Ascalon

The Fist National Back of Delaware was, despite the spelling errors in the name, the premier financial institution in Ascalon. Fiercely parochial, Ascalonians did not take all that well to the many, many banks that moved their headquarters to Delaware once the state lowered the corporate tax rate to basically nothing. The Fist National Back of Delaware was founded by an illiterate but savant economist in 1841 and immediately captured the hearts, minds, and wallets of Ascalonians with competitive loans and favourable interest rates.

A wall of pay-phones outside a nearby subway station provides Sprite with the perfect hardline exit right near the bank. Zapping her way out of the phone line, Sprite pops into corporeal form right in front of the pay-phone. Then promptly faceplants the footpath, head filled with stars and legs turned into rubber. She hadn't quite perfected the teleporting yet. Meanwhile, Tim holds Estoc underarm and puts his gorilla power to good use. Though a single leap could cover just short of a mile, Tim's fantastic ape endurance means he had no trouble chaining leaps together even while carrying Estoc in full armour.

By the time Sprite begins to come to and get her sight back, Tim and cargo crash down from the air and barely miss a 98' Honda Accord parked outside the Back. A quick inspection of the outside shows nothing out of the ordinary.

Herschel Langley Memorial Park - Ascalon Gardens District

Named after the city's first super-villain turned mayor, the Honourable Herschel Langley used his iron-fisted rule to hammer through a raft of changes in the city. One of his first acts in office was to dismantle racial segregation, ordering his (unionised and insured) minions to do so city-wide in 1952. After this he implement many social welfare programmes that continue to this day, funding affordable public housing and employment services to help the unemployed. In scenes reminiscent of the Bonus Army, Washington D.C twice sent superheroes to try and seize the city from Herschel. Both times the fighting centred on what now is the memorial park, with the second offensive removing Herschel from office in 1958. Despite this he is fondly remembered in Ascalon and his legacy endures.

Roy, driven by Garrett, come across a rather pressing problem. Parking around the park was rather limited. Unless Garrett was willing to mount the curb and ditch his Diablo, it would be some time before the pair would find a park. Mach, however, had no issues with parking since she was flying over. And, taking an aerial view of the park, she takes a few moments to hover down low and survey the treeline in an effort to find the tree the kitty was stuck in. And after a couple of minutes, she spots what just may be the kitty stuck in the tree!

good work so far everybody! just need team death to check in and you'll all be good to go!!!!!

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Mach

Look, up in the sky, it's Mach! says absolutely nobody. New costume and all. Julie's kept some the classic bits, cape most notably. Buy into the Edna Mode line if you want, Julie's always thought capes were iconic and awesome, creating a full grandeur you just can't get with the new-style black-leather look. Also looks great when you're moving.

Moving's what Julie does. Mach zooms over the city and arcs in over the park, making a few lower, slower passes to check out the situation. Yup, definitely a kitten in the tree. Mach flies in closer to the tree, slowing to a gentle drifting around the tree.

"Here kitty kitty kitty," she coos, aiming to get the stranded feline down.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Central Agency- Central Avenue

Hailstorm

"Looks like I'm going to have to walk" Rachel sighs as she turns to leave the building. "where, did you say the address was?" she calls to the others still milling around. She briefly considers calling a cab but after turning out her pockets she realises she doesn't have the cash to do that...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Kat

With a smile and wave to Molly, she walks out of the building seeing most zoom off into the horizon with various means. Preparing to do her sling into the distance away from the direction Tim took, she noticed Hailstorm standing there looking awkwardly at a phone. Kat taps her chip with a bit of a marble clunk and then walks over to the Ice powered super hero. Her own costume streaked with red and with an appearance of it somewhat moving under the hard shell she holds her hand behind her back as gets near.

"So, how are you getting there? Do you do ice bridges or something? I have a um er,-" Kat did not in anyway want to call the idiot a nemesis, "ice powered villain stalker that does this ice blast that shoots himself up in the air." She says with a bright red smile.

• Locked thread