Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Kat

She started clapping without much thought to it, assuming that the day was indeed saved. "What can I say, tongue sharp as diamond, mind stronger than steel." Kat gave a brief chuckle to Mach while waiting for it the clapping to die down. "Hooray for a saved day, right?" Kat wondered exactly what happened to her, when she was crunching the life out of the villain, but thought better to question it. For legal reasons of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Jeffrey

Jeffrey conjures a two and a half handed sword and leans on it with his gauntlets. "Sorry, been trying not to vomit, what has Kat done?"

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Rachel

Rachel looks from Kat to the furiously clapping little girl and feels compelled to half heartedly join in the applause :golfclap: "Yeah Kat tell us all about your heroics." Some distant corner of her mind thought that as long as she got paid it didn't matter who got the credit...

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Julie

Mach's applause peters out and she steps over to Jeffrey. "You okay?" she asks, putting a hand lightly on his shoulder, face etched with concern. "We can get you down to the infirmary, have you checked out?" she suggests.

Out of town for the weekend, may be able to sneak the post in occasionally. Not that we're at warp speed anyway.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Sprite!

"It's dangerous to go alone. Take me along!" Lydia paraphrases, though consoles were more her brother's thing. Too slow, those Zelda games, way too slow.

She smiles apologetically at Julie. "It comes from being on-line all the time. You start to pun, or you start to talk in kitty pidgin!" Her levity is... what's the opposite of leavened? Dampened? Close enough. Her levity is dampened by the receptionist's inescapable irritation and she quiets for the wander off to the confrence room.

And there's Molly! And Kat! And the atmosphere is a world away from the chill of the lobby. And Kat's saved the day? Huh. It only takes Lydia a moment to decide to play along. Getting in a fight over that would be like... like telling Molly that Santa isn't real1. Besides, whoever did it, she's still getting paid.

Sprite joins in the applause, with enthusiasm. "We picked up the loose ends," she says, after her hands start to go numb.

1Though still hotly debated by older and younger siblings, the number of super-groups who have experienced inexplicable acts of gift-giving after Very Special Seasonal Adventures has led some theologians to posit that, if Santa does not in actuality exist, then a very reasonable facsimile of the jolly old elf does.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Garrett M. Blazington III – Central Agency

The devil applauds politely. It's no slow clap, certainly, but he hardly is being the picture of exuberance either. That just isn't his style in any case, to be fair – especially when the extent of his personal involvement in the day's events was helping to coax a cat out of a tree; not something likely to impress future clients, even if the cat was a tiny, furry menace.

But then, a job's a job…

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

My brother gave me half of a rock and told me to wait for you in the woods...
Tim
The large primate lumbers into the room now that everyone is apparently finished conversing amongst themselves, and his leathery grey features immediately break into a smile at the sight of Molly. Egged on by the tiny team leader, Tim slaps his big monkey hands together a few times, then returns to a more comfortable quadrapedal stance. Good for Kat.

"She saved part of the day, anyway. Julie caught a cat, and I helped Lydia and Sir Pukesalot over here catch some bank robbers. Pretty successful trial run, eh Boss?"

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Jeffrey

"I'll be fine, just a little motion sickness." He flashes the best smile he can manage right now.

He grimaces at the name calling, turning to Kat.
"Well done though, I could summon you a really really cool Swiss army knife or something, engraved with whatever you want, but I don't really know what to use this power for. As the lavamancer herself knows full well, collateral damage is a bitch."

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Julie

"Oh," Julie says with a laugh. "I get it," she says to Sprite. Maybe she only half gets it, given her tone. "I rescued a cat, after Certain Unnamed People nearly scared away several of its lives. But no worries, all's well that ends well."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Kat

"Scared away a cat? This is why I didn't go on that mission." She said looking down a bit. "So!" She says after breathe, "I wonder what we are doing next."

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

Katrina - Central Agency

"C'mon...." She tries as hard as she can to project bashful and happy instead of her usual surliness or eyerolliness or whatever! IT'S REALLY HARD YOU GUYS. YOU SHOULD BE DOUBLE THANKING HER. "I guess it wasn't just me. It was a team effort, and "me" and "a" are in team, so....so it was only like three-quarters me, one-quarter you all." Katrina gives a big, doofy smile and a thumbs-up. "Woohoo! Um.....one-quarter good job, everyone! Except Molly deserves credit too so I guess it's more like....um...one-tenth good job, everyone!"

Here Katrina gives a bigger and congratulatorier and thumbs-uppier thumbs-up to Molly.

"So...what now?"

Sorry for still being so slow :ohdear:

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Kat

"Whatever it is, I hope I can get a hot shower first." She says with a bit of a grin. Kat was really attempting to kill the room now. "Also, hopefully before 8 pm. I have to do some homework, and I thought that you know. You had to have a license to do heroing after hours." Kat said innocently.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Central Agency - Central Avenue

"Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!" Molly cheers, as the applause for Kat's heroics slowly dies down as hands start to really ache like nothing else. She returns the thumbs-up to Kat. "But superheroes all need team-work, and your teams worked super good!" She praises you all, obviously ignorant of what had actually gone on in the course of your jobs. "You all stopped the bank from getting busted into! And you all stopped Doctor Death before he could do anything naughty! And you saved the kitty! That's all of the jobs!" Molly bounces over Julie's way. "Turbo Girl? Can you bring in the kitty?" She asks very nicely, hands held behind her back. "Because I wanna pet the kitty."

From behind her back, she takes out some cards. "But first because you all helped Kat save the day alllllll over town I think you should get some presents!!" She smiles and jumps a couple of times in the air, and one by one goes around the room to hand each and every one of you a little square of cardboard that Molly had written on with a sharpie.

Strangely enough, holding that piece of paper with an ecstatic Molly beaming up at you does make each and every one of feel a little bit better.

Level up!!!!

You all get 15PP each, which is enough to bump you up from 120pp PL8 to 135pp PL9!!!! You guys are hitting the big leagues now! I am always hanging on IRC to help you out for levelling up and updating sheets, so hop on and we can chat about what you need to change, add, or buy to make your sheet even better! (Yamtaggler buy Accurate Attack 15 times KTHX)

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Julie

Man, being gracious clearly hurt Katrina! But she did it, and that's what counts! "Sure, Molly, sometime. I don't even have a carrier for him yet, though. Maybe in a few days." Julie clears her throat. "And it's Mach now, by the way."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Katja

"We should have a get together or something then! Catwarming party!" Katja said to Mach, and coughs awkwardly, unsure what she was supposed to do now.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

"Yaaaaaaaaay!!!" Molly cheers just a little for the impending cat party.

"But this isn't just a kitty club!" She suddenly turns around and stomps her foot firmly, making it clear to everybody here that they were here for a reason. And it wasn't related to cats. "It's a club for super heroes! And everybody is gonna need to be super fit and ready for the next mission you've got." She nods, crossing her arms. "Trust me. It's super big and important and all of you are gonna have to go to it or else it's just gonna blow up and everything!"

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Katja

"Oh wow that sounds big!" She says with a smile, a party with cats is the best party there is. "I'm really Molly, I don't want anything to blow up!" Katja was ready to go, and her muscles flexed as she got ready to be up late doing homework. "I just know I am not going to finish my labs tonight." She grumbled under her breathe like gravel.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Julie

"Could be," Julie suggests with a smile. "Ummmm..." she starts, unsure what Molly means. "How big? Do we need to call in people? Get some equipment?" she asks.

Unsurprisingly, I've been pretty swamped and have not done a sheet update. Will try to this weekend!

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

"Naaah." Mol shakes her head. "You guys can do it all one your own! I believe in you!"

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

Tim - Central Agency, Pre-Kitty Party

Tim nods at his diminutive commander. Taking orders from a child had worked out well for him so far.

"Sounds good, Boss, what kind of mission are we talking about? You got more drawings?"

Do we need to worry about our commander's bed time?

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Jeffery, Central Agency

Jeffery smiles, saluting the tiny general. "Yes Ma'am, some drawings would be perfect!"

He looks to Tim, "Tim, do you know how much you can lift? If it's a big job, a rough estimate might help the boss explain how this could go down."

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Sprite!

Lydia feels positively tickled by the little note she's slipped. No idea what it means, but that shaky scrawl makes her smile. She decides to pick up one of those wallet-size frames at the store on her way home. It may not be the first dollar she's made, but it still feels special.

"I'd love to meet the cat too, but if there's a job that needs doing..."

---
Bumped Dodge and Fort a point. Added two PP worth of Expertise: Science because you'd expect her to have that, working in a high-energy physics lab part-time. Aimbot's up a point, so is Force Field (topping up Toughness), and Hard-Light Constructs ate two points, bringing it and subordinate powers like Voxel Blasters up to rank 9.

Got seven points left. I was thinking about adding the Movable extra to the Constructs, to give it a bit more utility, but that's 9 PP right there and I'm really not sure I'd get that much use out of it.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Katja

"First, we take down this big thing, then we have a catwarming party at Mach's house!" She says with a brilliant red hot smile. "It is the best of both world really."

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Rachel Central Agency

"sounds good to me though I'm not really a cat person... but I think we all need to unwind after that last mission." Rachel grins at the rest of the group. "I certainly never expected work like this when I signed up but I have a few ideas about how I can do better in future." she nods thoughtfully.

2 Str = 4 points
1 Fgt = 2 points
Damage 5 = 5 points "fists of Frost"
Blast 9= 3 points
Treatment 1 point

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Aug 8, 2014

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

When Tim asks, and Jeffery agrees, Molly kicks her foot out. "Welllllll…… if you all really wanna know about the big job right now……" She rummages around in her little backpack and manages to produce a whole new set of drawings! Seemingly out of nowhere! This girl was prepared with her briefing material! Once again she goes around in a circle (starting with Tim), dutifully handing each of you heroes with a drawing.

"See?" Molly says as she hands the last drawing to Rachel, backing up to the kinda sorta centre of the room once more. "I told you. It's gonna be a really big job!"

Good stuff Bie! Even gooderer stuff Ferrosol!

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

Tim - Central Agency

Tim takes a quick look at the drawing, and his eyes widen.

"Just curious, did you stay up to watch the Godzilla movie marathon last night? I'm pretty sure Godzilla isn't something we can stop on our own."

He pauses to scratch his chin.

"Maybe Mothra, though, I never understood what was the big deal with him."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Katja

"Mothra was a good guy! Well, and bad guy at times. But in the good movies he was a good guy." Katja looks around at the Tim and blinks, "What you never watched the late night movie marathon? Either way that seems like a big mission, do we have to beat all 3 of them Molly?" Katja says holding the paper before awkwardly putting out a smoldering section with her thumb.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Rachel

"Wait Godzilla? you mean the star of that crappy Hollywood movie? never heard of the other giant freak animals though" Ignoring the glares of the others Rachel plows on obliviously "Do we have to take on all three the monsters at once or can we take them one at a time."

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Julie

"Aren't there giant robots to fight those things?" Julie asks, hoping her voice doesn't sound as nervous as she feels. "Because those are....very big," she underscores.

Will try to figure sheet updates today!

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Molly shakes her head to Tim. "Nuh. Dad doesn't let me stay up that late." And Molly wouldn't fib on matters involving bed time. They were just too serious to make fun of.

She then nods emphatically at both Kat and Rachel. "Yeppers! You guys gotta stop all three of them or else they're gonna go and wreck the city super bad!" This, you can also tell, is not a fib. "You can fight them all at once or one at a time I guess. So long as you can save the city before the wreck everything!" As for the giant robot question, Molly just shrugs. "I 'unno. Think they're all in Australia or somethin'."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Katja

She had figured there would be an out that she could take, there would be a slightly smaller creature to defeat, but no. This is what they had to fight. They were going to be classic monster and Katja for that moment figured that she really had no clue at all what she was doing. She had just figured that being herself would stop them, but there was no way she was going to be just turn into lava and beat them.

"I'm not sure, but we might want to have a strategy... Mach?" Katja giving her a look of fear and cluelessness, "Any, Uh, ideas?"

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Julie

"No robots? Crap, stupid Paul Hogan," Julie mutters. Her hand flutters back and forth as she thinks. "Soooo......depends, really. If it's an energy absorber, that's a bit problem. We don't have enough flyers to lift it. Distract and confuse, most likely. Maybe we could hold it in place with lava? Or herd it somewhere...like get it to fall into the Marianas trench. Unless it can swim, in which case that totally wouldn't work."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Katja

"I can provide the Lava at least..." She says uncertain really wishing she was doing her lab homework now instead.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Jeffery

"This doesn't actually come up much, but I can use my normal sword telekinesis... swordikenisis..? to summon and swing a blade far larger than me. Like, 1000 cft." he says, hesitatingly.

Then adds to his littlest commander "That's about the size of a mid to large size tanker truck."

Jade Mage fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Aug 11, 2014

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

Tim - Suspicious at the Central Agency

Something's fishy around here, and Gorilla-Dad is getting to the bottom of it.

He crouches down low enough to look Molly in the eye.

"Molly, I didn't see any Godzillas on the way back. Are you sure this is a real job? Come clean with me, kid."

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

After staring at it for a bit, Garrett holds the drawing of the monsters at arm's length, squinting. "…You mean those aren't to scale?" he finally asks, looking a little daunted. Just a little. "Because fighting Godzilla and Friends might be a – really, I shouldn't say this, but I will, so I just want you all to know that I didn't actually mean to and I am very sorry – might be a tall order." The devil utters a joyless heh, then frowns. "I could hit the books, but I fear there is little to be achieved here, legally speaking. Then again, there was that Yog the Devourer v. Quaker Oats Corporation case…"

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Molly seems a little flustered that Tim would question her like this. She knew what being in trouble was, and Tim was getting her in trouble! "Yuh-uh it is! I got it from the job thing an' everything!!" She pleads. But she is then interrupted by…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3bczScmRUE

"See!?" Molly pouts, crossing her arms.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Katja

She moves to the window and mumbles under her breath, "Oh sh-" She thinks for a moment, "-ssssfffiddlesticks." Katja said catching herself, before thinking, "Oh god, I just made myself look like I am 80. Slick heroing."

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Jeffery

"OH SON OF A BII-dog. Son of a dog?"

He throws on his helmet and dashes to the window. "Having a boss under the age of majority sucks" he mutters under his breath to the fellow swear-voidance failure.

"How does something like this just sneak up on us!?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

"The conspicuous lack of buildings noisily collapsing, relay stations exploding, and people screaming in terror might account for that," the devil offers as he joins Katja and Jeffery at the window, peering outside.

• Locked thread