Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hailstorm (A.k.a: Rachel Hayel)

Picking up her badge from under the icy glare of the receptionist Rachel turns and sits down next to the gorilla and the lava girl. Opening her own lunch she grimaces "ugh, mom's on one of her health food kicks again" staring at the unappetizing sight of a seaweed salad. Rachel turns to the gorilla and nods politely "hopefully our first job will be to protect a Burger King or something. Oops, manners. My name is Rachel nice to meet you both"

pre:
Code Name: Hailstorm
Other Names: Bearer of the Mantle 
Height: 185 cm
Weight: 70 KG
Eyes: Silver
Hair: White
Skin: Pale White

PL: 9
PP: 135/135

Abilities: 
STR 2
STA 3
AGL 3
DEX 2
FGT 3
INT 1
AWE 3
PRE 2

Points Cost: 38

Offence:
Type of attack skill - Close/Ranged, Damage bonus

Ice Blast               ???            ???

Defence: 
Toughness = 7
Fortitude = 5
Dodge     = 5
Parry     = 5
Will      =  5

Initiative = 3

Points cost: 9

Skills: 
Name		                Total	Ranks  PP
Acrobatics                         7      4    2
Athletics                          4      4    2
Ranged Combat: Icicle Blast        6      4    2
Treatment     	                   4      3    2
Perception                         7      4    2
Expertise: 
Biology                            3      2    1
Nursing                            3      2    1

Cost: 11 points

Advantages: 
All-Out Attack   1
Defensive Attack 1
Favoured Enviroment: Ice 1
Move by Action 1

Cost: 4 Points

Powers:

Power Name: Winters Bite: 
Environmental Control 1
Base Cost: 1/Rank
Total Cost: 2
Action:	Standard 
Range:	30ft 
Duration:Sustained
Extras:	Extreme Cold (+2/Rank)
Effects: Can freeze an area up to 30ft in diameter 

"Hailstorm can cause the immediate area around her to freeze,"

Power Name: Protection of Winter:
Immunity 12
Total Cost: 12	
Action:	None	
Range:	Personal        
Duration: Perm 
Effects: Immune to Cold(10 ranks)
         Immune to Ageing (1 Rank)
         Immune to Disease (1 Rank)

"The mantle of Winter grants the wearer immunity to cold and also grants other benefits that Hailstorm is currently not aware of"

Power Name: Icicle Blast:
Blast 9
Base Cost: 2/Rank
Total Cost: 27
Resistance: Toughness
Range:	Perception 
Duration: Instant
Extras: Increased Range +1/Rank 
Effects: 9 Damage to any target that can be perceived and fails the resistance check

"Hailstorm can concentrate for a moment and throw an icicle at any enemy or object she can see"

Power Name: Frost Wall:
Create 5
Base Cost: 2/rank 
Total Cost: 20
Range:	Ranged          
Duration: Permanent
Extras:	Continuous +1/Rank
        Moveable +1/Rank
Effects: Limited to objects with a total volume of 0.8m3 which persist until dismissed or destroyed and are moveable as per the move object rules. 

"Hailstorm can create simple objects and geometric shapes of Ice that last for as long as she wishes and can be moved mentally by her."

Power Name: Glacial Toughness:
Protection 4
Base cost 1/rank
Total cost 4
Range: Personal
Effect: +4 to toughness 

"Hailstorms pale white skin is unnaturally tough and rugged and protects against injuries"

Servants of Winter:
Comprehend 2
Base Cost: 2/Rank
Total Cost 2
Range: Personal
Flaws: Only applies to creatures whose natural habitat is Icy or Tundra (-1/Rank)
Effect Can communicate with and understand the "speech" of animals from snowy environments. 

"Hailstorm has a natural understanding of and ability to communicate with Winter animals"

Power Name: Fists of Frost:
Damage 5
Total Cost: 5
Range:	Close
Extras: 
Effects: 5 Damage to any target that is in melee range and fails the resistance check

"With a moments thought Hailstorm can summon thick layers of ice around her hands or feet and wade into a brawl."

Total Powers Cost: 72

Complications:

Motivation: Greed "Hailstorm needs money to pay her way through nursing school"
Complication: Enemy "There were others who were chasing the previous bearer of the mantle 
and will stop at nothing to acquire it's powers especially while it's current possessor is young and vulnerable"
Complication: Family "Hailstorm is extremely close to her family and friends and would do anything to help them" 

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Aug 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Rachel - Central Agency

"Thanks kid" Rachel glances down at the drawings trying not to giggle at the sight of them. Turning to the rest of the group she says so how are we gonna divide up the work? Personally I'd be no good at rescuing cats I've never owned so much as a goldfish and somehow I don't imagine "Kitty frozen in tree" will play well on the news. I can take the bank robbery or doctor death though I'll need some help getting there my bus pass ran out last week.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Rachel

"I guess I can take on Doctor Death. I mean anyone who actually goes out there and names themselves Doctor Death is in serious need of psychological counselling and I'm a half-trained medical professional."

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Central Agency- Central Avenue

Hailstorm

"Looks like I'm going to have to walk" Rachel sighs as she turns to leave the building. "where, did you say the address was?" she calls to the others still milling around. She briefly considers calling a cab but after turning out her pockets she realises she doesn't have the cash to do that...

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Rachel

"Walking,unfortunately" Rachel sighs. "my powers seem to be more icicles and snow out of nowhere and less cool ice slides" somewhat more cheerfully she turns to the molten rock girl "but it's still early days and I'm still getting used to these things so maybe there's still time for me to learn how to fly or buy some super jet powered skis or whatever"

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Rachel

"err, The docs only said I was immune to extreme cold. They didn't say anything about heat." Rachel says thoughtfully. "Still I had a hot shower this morning and it didn't seem to do any harm so as long as you don't make it too hot it should be fine. If it gets too hot I'll let you know before I melt." "oh and thanks for the offer"

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Rachel

Staring at the mexican luccadoor lhuchadore luscador wrestler. "My powers are pretty straightforward. I can shoot things with ice and take a few punches. I can also turn the area into an ice rink but some of you guys may have trouble keeping your footing" She explains."Anyway, enough talking lets go deal with Mr Delusions of Adequacy in there."

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Rachel

"Wait, the physician of peppers? that's the best you can come up with? I mean I know the good nicknames like Tzar of Terror and Prince of Panic are taken but still you couldn't come up with anything better than that? I bet your not even a real doctor."

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Rachel

"Fine, I'll play along. If I win though you better come along quietly." Rachel sighs "BY THE CHILL WINDS OF THE NORTH I SHALL CONQUER YOUR PUNY PEPPERS. FOUL VILLAIN!" She booms out. Obviously hamming it up for the spectators.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Mar 31, 2014

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Rachel

Rachel catches the pepper in her hand and figuring the crowd probably won't let her wait give the pepper a quick chew and then swallows. "hey this is pretty good" she comments to the crowd watching eagerly "I don't get what the big fuss with all these death...." as a wave of heat hits her throat.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Rachel

"hmm, a little warm but I've had worse...." All of a sudden a freezing lump of cold appears in her stomach as if she's just eaten a scoop of ice-cream. She smiles as the sweat vanishes from her brow. "I'm cool as ice is that really the best you've got?"

Mantle of winter protects against disease right? and a subtle pepper based attack is a disease.... other than that I've got nothing.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Rachel

"Oh, Crap! what the hell did you do?" Rachel reacts to the quickly spreading fire. "hold on I'll see if I can fix it" A look of intense concentration appears on her face and all around you the air seems to chill as the temperature plummets. The fire suddenly starts to die out smothered by the cold air. Unfortunately now the whole bar is covered with a thick layer of ice and frost. "umm, fine control is not my strong point I may have went a little overboard"

PP:118/120

Using my winters bite power

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Apr 17, 2014

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Rachel

"Umm, sorry about the whole turning your bar into an ice-rink thing." Rachel says sheepishly. "Wait why am I apologizing to a pretentious professor who just tried to kill me with a perfidious and preposterous pepper poison?" Glancing at Kat's attempt to grab the somewhat dazed and battered Doctor she takes careful aim at the metal man and the air condenses around her into the shape of an icicle which she throws carefully at the good doctor.

Using Icicle blast to hit the doctor

code:
PP:94/120
Attack: Icicle Blast (24 pp) to hit +6 damage 8 ranged attack
Defence: Toughness= 7 Fortitude= 5 Dodge= 5 Parry= 5 Will=  5

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Rachel

"hold him still so I can get another shot at him Kat" Seeing the other heroes arrive as back-up she turns and shouts "Do any of you guys have a can opener?" before aiming another frozen icicle at the relentless robotic rogue.

code:

PP:70/120
Attack: Icicle Blast (24 pp) to hit +6 damage 8 ranged attack
Defence: Toughness= 7 Fortitude= 5 Dodge= 5 Parry= 5 Will=  5

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hailstorm

"someone help me get this stupid set of armour off him so I can give him first aid" Rachel nods to the rest of the group "make yourselves useful by seeing if any of the bystanders were injured the last thing we want is a lawsuit from some injured member of the public. Remember what happened to Hyper-man?"

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Rachel

"Hi everyone." Rachel grins at the rest of the team. "It was a close call but between the lot of us Doctor Death won't see any peppers with his bread and water in the slammer"

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Rachel

Rachel looks from Kat to the furiously clapping little girl and feels compelled to half heartedly join in the applause :golfclap: "Yeah Kat tell us all about your heroics." Some distant corner of her mind thought that as long as she got paid it didn't matter who got the credit...

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Rachel Central Agency

"sounds good to me though I'm not really a cat person... but I think we all need to unwind after that last mission." Rachel grins at the rest of the group. "I certainly never expected work like this when I signed up but I have a few ideas about how I can do better in future." she nods thoughtfully.

2 Str = 4 points
1 Fgt = 2 points
Damage 5 = 5 points "fists of Frost"
Blast 9= 3 points
Treatment 1 point

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Aug 8, 2014

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Rachel

"Wait Godzilla? you mean the star of that crappy Hollywood movie? never heard of the other giant freak animals though" Ignoring the glares of the others Rachel plows on obliviously "Do we have to take on all three the monsters at once or can we take them one at a time."

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hailstorm

"So ask the big guy what he wants" Rachel comments nervously slowly backing away from the giant lizard in case what he wants is a brawl...

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hailstorm

"umm, just thinking aloud here but Lizards are cold blooded right?" Rachel asks hesitantly "I mean even the radioactive ones." she clarifies.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hailstorm

"You don't need to catch up with them. Just see if you can bring the big flying dragon thing down to earth so the rest of us can get at it..." Turning to the Godzilla Hailstorm shouts "HEY, Big guy can you get our dragon friend on the ground where we can punch him?"

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hailstorm

"I've got an idea. Kat? If I can hit him with an ice blast do you think you can hit him at the same place with a lava blast? Let's see how the big tough guy handles a face full of steam, You might say he'll get steaming mad." Rachel says expecting people to cringe at the bad pun.

Maximum friendship beam attack VVV

Icicle Blast:
Blast 9
Cost: 27pp
Action: Standard
Range: Perception
Extras: Increased Range +1/Rank
Effects: 9 Damage

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Sep 13, 2014

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Robodog posted:

Ferrosol and Axe if you could give me the stats of the attacks you're going to use that'd rock!

added mine sorry for the delay.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Friendship is dumb and this thread managed to fall off the bottom of my watched threads sorry :(

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hailstorm

"Thanks for your help G-Man! I'll be buying tickets to your next movie!" Hailstorm yells accross the bay. Rachel turns to the rest of the gang and gives them a hi-five and smiles "so do we head back to base and pick up our paychecks now or is there some sort of paperwork to be filed for these jobs?"

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Rachel

Rachel is on such a high when she walks into central. How many other guys get to fight alongside Godzilla! Besides the G-Man must be loaded and she really needed that fat paycheck if she was going to pay for medical school. Seeing the receptionists effort to join the party almost makes her laugh but she quickly covers her mouth and fakes a coughing fit.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Rachel

"Sorry to bring this up, but when do we get paid? I mean now that we're full members and all that and have demonstrated our ability." Rachel picks up her copy of the contract and scans it looking for payment details. "It's just I have tuition fees that really need to be paid." she says as she smiles apologetically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

The next great crusade for Americas heroes employment law reform.

Thanks for the game Robodog

• Locked thread