Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

My brother gave me half of a rock and told me to wait for you in the woods...
Silverback(a.k.a Tim Grebowitz)

Tim rumbles a thank you, although he's careful not to sound cheerful. He's learned that the receptionist hates Cheer.

With an exaggerated yawn, he bends to pick up a brown paper lunch sack he brought in with him. He winces when he opens it.

"Bananas," he mutters in baritone, "Chrissakes, that kid won't stop packing me bananas. I told her I like sammiches, I like chips, I like apples, I like everything. Everything but Bananas."

While eating his thoughtfully packed lunch, he glances around the room, wondering if he should bother introducing himself the the unconventional group around him, and decides against it. It's rude to talk with your mouth full.
pre:

Code Name: Guerrilla Gorilla
Height: 2m
Weight: 200kg
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black (Silverback)
Skin: Greyish Black

PL:9
PP: 135/135

Abilities:		76 points +2pp/+1 ability rank
STR 14			28 points
STA 14			28 points
AGL 2			4 points
DEX 0			0 points
FGT 4			8 points
INT 0			0 points
AWE 2			4 points
PRE 2			4 points

Offence:
Type of attack skill - Close/Ranged, Damage bonus

Defence:		4 points - +1pp/+1 defence rank
Toughness	= (14)
Fortitude	= (14)
Dodge		= (4)   +2
Parry		= (4)
Will		= (4)   +2

Initiative: 5

Skills:			12 points +1pp/+2 skill ranks

Acrobatics      Total   Ranks   PP
Skill           6       4       2

Athletics       Total   Ranks   PP

Expertise: Rent-a-Cop 
Skill           2       2       1

Intimidation    Total   Ranks   PP
Skill           10       8      4

Investigation   Total   Ranks   PP
Skill           2       2       1

Perception      Total   Ranks   PP

Advantages:		9 points +1pp/+1 advantage rank

Accurate Attack: Trade Effect bonus for Attack Bonus (Very Important)

Chokehold: Suffocate an opponent you have successfully grabbed

Diehard: Automatically stabilize when dying.

Fast Grab: Make a free grab check after an unarmed attack

Fearless: Immune to fear 

Improved Grab: Make grab attacks with 1 arm. Not vulnerable while grabbing

Improved Hold: -5 circumstance penalty to escape from your hold.

Improvised Weapon: Use Unarmed Combat skill with improvised weapons, +1 damage bonus

Power attack: Trade attack bonus for effect bonus

Powers:			27 points

Affliction (Call of the Silverback)6 points
Total Cost: 2/Rank      Base Cost: 1/Rank
Action: Standard        Resistance: 14 vs. Will (14 vs. Dodge halves effect)
Range: Cone 60ft(+1/rank)Duration: Instant
Effects: Silverback beats his mighty chest and bellows, striking fear into the hearts of his enemies.
First Degree of Failure: Impaired (-2 to checks)
Second"               ": Stunned (No actions
Third"                ": Incapacitated (Stunned, Defenseless, Unaware)
Comprehend Animals      4 points
Total Cost: 1/Rank      Base Cost: 1/Rank
Action: None            Resistance: N/A
Range: Personal         Duration: Permanent
Effects: All Creatures of the Wild may speak to The Silverback, and recieve answers in kind.

Feature (Insulating Fur)1 point
Action: None            Resistance: N/A
Range Personal          Duration: Permanent
Effects: Silverback is not bothered by your opinions regarding the thermostat. 

Leaping                 7 points
Action: Free            Resistance: N/A
Range: Personal         Duration: Instant
Effects: The Silverback cannot fly, but he can leap 900ft into the air. Not bad for someone whose legs are shorter than his arms.

Enhanced Strength 	2 points
Total Cost: 1/ Rank	Base Cost: 2/ Rank
Action:None		Resistance: N/A
Range:Personal		Duration: Permanent
			Flaws: Permanent (+0), Limited to Lifting (-1 per rank)
Effects: The Silverback can lift with his legs, bringing his carrying capacity up to 1,600 tons

Wall-Crawling           2 points
Total Cost: 2/rank      Base Cost: 2/Rank
Action: Free            Duration: Sustained
Effects: The Silverback can climb all walls and ceilings by virtue of his prodigious finger strength 
(speed -1, no athletics checks, still vulnerable)

Regeneration            3 points
Total Cost: 1/rank      Base Cost: 1/rank
Action: None            Duration: Permanent
Effects: With time, The Silverback may recover from even the most grievous wound. 
Remove -3 toughness penalty due to damage every minute (-1 every 3 rounds)

Super Sense             8 points
Total Cost: 1/rank      Base Cost: 1/rank
Action: None            Duration: Permanent
Effects: You cannot escape The Silverback's Sight (Visual (Lowlight 1pp)), 
Hearing (Auditory (Accurate 4pp, Ultra-Hearing 1pp)), or Scent (Olfactory (Acute 2pp, Tracking 1pp)). 
Touch is a pretty safe bet, though.

Motivations:

Doing Good 
Despite his gruff arguments to the contrary, Tim is secretly a hero at heart. 
Long before the accident, he was turned away from 3 separate police forces due 
to physical limitations, and was forced to take a job chasing hoodlums around
malls and out of parking garages. He no longer has any physical problems and 
is ready to help those who can't help themselves.

Complications:

Responsibility: Family
Tim has a wife named Donna and a 7 year old daughter named Amy, who (correctly) believes she has the coolest dad ever.

Enemy(?): 
Tim had his brain removed and placed into the body of an Ape Supersoldier by a Villain known as "Doc Ook"
The good Doc claimed that it was an accident, and Tim took his lawyer's advice to settle out of court.

Yamtaggler fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jul 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

Tim
"I'm Tim, nice to meetcha everybody. I don't think anyone's late yet."

Tim notices Kat staring sullenly at her rocky meal and grins a bit, putting two and two together.

With a tremendous wink, he whispers loudly, "Don't feel too bad kid, I'd rather eat rocks than Burger King too."

It's superhero lunchtime.

Yamtaggler fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Feb 21, 2014

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

Tim
Tim raises an eyebrow at the new arrival.

"Izzat a fact? Well, I suppose you'd need some kind of motivation to put those things into yer mouth."

Tim picks up a magazine that he's read at least two dozen times since he applied here.

"Anyone know how many people are gonna be on this team?"

Yamtaggler fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Feb 23, 2014

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

Tim - Central Agency

At Jeffery's blunt question, he shakes his head and bites back a chuckle. "Listen, if anybody made it this far without Kevlar or Platemail, they probably didn't need it, right?" Nice of him to worry, though.

After a while, Tim confirms with a heavy sigh that none of the articles in Legendary Lairs had changed in the slightest from the day before, or indeed the day before that. He'd read the drat thing so many times that flipping through it had become less reading and more muscle memory. He set the magazine down on the table, precisely where he knew he'd find it tomorrow, and surveyed the room to see what had changed.

The Devil rolls out more than a few S.A.T. words, which Tim suspects came along with his suit and slick haircut. He briefly considers saying a Hail Mary, but decides against it. It had been a long time since he'd been in a church, and if he said it wrong it might do more harm than good. Besides, if he was here he couldn't be all bad, right?

Tim shifts uncomfortably as he notices the Mexican Wrestler (What are those called again?) making every effort not to look at him. Tim is saved from trying to make conversation by a whirlwind of Greek Food in the form of a familiar looking young lady. Where did he know her from again? Was she on the TV?

As soon as she said her name, it clicked. She was that girl that leveled a good portion of Cleveland a few years back. Of course, she had Turbo-Woman vouch for her later, saying she was mind controlled and all that, but the media had certainly had a field day with it. Tim couldn't figure out what to think about her past actions, but she had food that wasn't bananas, so she was OK in his book now.

"Thanks Julie, I'm Tim by the way, and this spread looks fantastic! My munchkin's practically been force-feeding me bananas, she says that's what monkeys eat, so I'm grateful to try anything else."

In between hearty mouthfuls, he turns to Kat. "So, Kat, you said you were workin' on your degree? What are you studying?"

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

Tim - Central Agency

Tim engulfs Roy's outstretched hand with a grey, leathery one the size of a modest ham.

"Pleasure, an' all that. My name's Tim, and I think Julie there brought the food for all of us." He gestures to the half-finished gyro in his other hand, "Least I hope so."

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

Tim - Central Agency

Tim chuckles, "No such luck, I'm afraid. I'm pretty strong, though. Other than that it's kind of a grab-bag. Better senses, regeneration, I can talk to animals, the whole nine yards. Coincidentally, songbirds swear almost constantly"

Tim finishes his sentence just as the door creaks open, and as smile creases his face at the sight of their young handler. She was actually the first person he'd met at HIREUS, and was one of the first people he'd talked to after the accident who wasn't afraid of him. Apparently wandering around a superhero temp agency had broadened her little horizons considerably.

He opens one of the folders and chuckles.

"Say, these are pretty good Molly. Who'd you get to do the drawings?"

Yamtaggler fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Feb 27, 2014

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

Tim - Central Agency

Tim grins broadly at the tiny artist, "If you say so, Kid, these are pretty good. I wouldn't be surprised if crayons were your superpower."

After a few moments thought, he says

"Hey Molly, who gave you these missions anyway?"

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

Tim - Central Agency

Tim ponders the options for a minute, rushing would be foolish.

"Alright, I'll go to the bank. Seems like that one might need some muscle, and we can't all rescue the kitty."

Sorry, I just thought that Molly might be pulling our collective legs

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

Tim (Guerrilla Gorilla) - Central Agency

Tim stifles a smile, then gives Molly an exaggerated wink.

"You got it, Boss." He rumbles.

He turns to his erstwhile teammates.

"So how we getting there? I can jump pretty far, that's how I tend to manage. I could probably carry someone with me, not the most stylish ride, but I'm reliable."

Tim is being modest, he could carry everyone in the room. Leaping (Rank 7, 900ft)

Yamtaggler fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Mar 9, 2014

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

Guerrilla Gorilla Silverback - Fist National Back of Delaware Parking Lot

Tim winces as the Knightly Hero falls to the ground like a noble sack of potatoes.

"Hey, it wasn't all that much fun for me either, Kid, that suit of yours pinches something fierce. We need to get you a horse..."

He pauses politely for a moment while Sprite spins about scanning the immediate area,

"...Or at least a bike."

Probably not all that useful, considering the present company, but I've got Ultra-Hearing and Acute Smell with Perception +6

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

Silverback - Fist National Back of Delaware's Parking Lot

Tim sighs a bit. He'd missed his coffee this morning, because "Monkeys don't drink coffee," and the strong scent wafting through the air only served as a bitter reminder.

"Well, I don't see or smell anything fishy out here. Maybe we're early?"

He caught the scent of coffee again. Ah geeze, it'll only take a second.

"Listen, you two keep an eye peeled. I'm gonna go investigate that coffee stand, see if they know anything."

Gorilla need coffee badly

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

Silverback - Outside the Fist National Back of Delaware

Tim fights the urge to roll his eyes. At least his 7 year old had an excuse for her ignorance.

"I'll settle for a cup of your finest then, boss." He rumbles genially reaching for his wallet, kept in a small black pouch at his waist. Some days more than others, he missed having pants.

How would you feel about me using Expertise: Rent-a-Cop +2 to make friends with people in a crappy retail situation? Assuming they aren't Ape-Racist, that is.

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

Tim sips his cup of the Merchant's Finest appreciatively. Ahh, that was almost definitely coffee...

Whilst listening with his perfectly sensible ears, he catches on to something the vendor said.

"Road work? How long has that been going on? I swear they just can't leave well enough alone sometimes, eh?"

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

Tim nods in polite outrage at the Weiniesmith. Jackhammers today, amirite?

"That's just like those bigshots, I bet they can't even here that racket from their cushy offices. Listen, this joe was fantastic, but I gotta run. Maybe get some banana bread for next time, eh buddy?"

The ape chuckles at his own joke as he drops a couple bucks in the tip jar and turns around to see...

A pink lazergirl floating through the ground and the better part of a Renaissance Faire floating above a manhole cover.

"So much for good old gumshoe stuff..."

Tim casually knucklewalks up to the commotion, "Don't worry pal, just some routine heroics. With any luck we'll be outta your hair in a few minutes." He rumbles, then as a whispered aside to Estoc/Jefferey "Hey careful kid, you'll put someone's eye out with those things."

Sizing up the manhole. Is it big enough, or will I have to seek a Gorillahole?

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

Tim - outside the Back

"Hmmm" Tim thought for a moment, stroking his massive chin.

"Yeah, I got one."

Tim is going to use his massive ape-strength to hopefully punch the manhole cover down through the manhole.

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

Silverback - Outside Gorilla Hole

Huh, he'd only meant to punch the cover through. He'd have to work on that finesse thing.

Looking up from his handiwork, he noticed the workers, appropriately angry.

"Listen fellas, I'll be back in a moment to give a full accounting of my actions and the intentions behind them. Right now, I gotta go stop some bank robbers. Don't go away!"

And with that stirring speech, Silverback hops into the entrance he neatly made for himself.

I've got Lowlight vision! My powers sure are coming in handy today!

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

Silverback - Surprisingly roomy sewers

Tim shrugs, "Whatever you say, kid, let's go stop some robbers."

He knuckle-walks forward, hoping somewhere in the darkness there would be a way to placate those construction workers. He'd only meant to scare 'em, honest.

Yamtaggler fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Apr 11, 2014

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

Silverback- Some Stank Sewers

The collision was not a new thing for Tim, as he often underestimated his bulk. The tortoises, though, provided new insight into his obscene luck with animal-themed transformation. Hell, he was still a primate!

"Gentlemen," Tim says, calmly reaching to grab the upended Chelonian, "We're here to stop you from robbin' that bank. Er, back. You know what I mean."

I don't understand the combat at all, but I'd like to engage in the grappling. I think I should be halfway decent.

Also, I'd answer your questions, but I'm pretty sure I left my empathy box running, so I've really got to run.

Yamtaggler fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Apr 19, 2014

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

Silverback - Under a Back, on the Attack

"drat it, c'mere you!" Tim rumbles angrily, throwing a punch towards the prone terrapin with a fist the size of a modest cinderblock.

It's always a good thing when your GM has negative emotions towards you, right?
+2 to hit, +14 to damage, melee attack
+2 Dodge, +2 Parry, +2 Will, +14 Fort, +14 Toughness

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

Silverback - Fighting in the Sewers

The shell-shattering crack that followed his hit brought a grimace to Tim's face. Stopping them was all well and good, but he'd feel better after it was over and he could make sure they were still breathing.

"You boys still want a fight, or are you willin' to turn yerselves-"

Right before he finished extending the olive branch, two swords hit his heavily-modified skull. He didn't feel any pain, but it was the principle of the thing really. drat punk.

Ah well, they had shells. They'd probably be fine.

Tim is gonna punch Ludovico real good. Or more likely, Tim is gonna miss Ludovico real good.

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

Silverback

"Kid," the Super-Powered Ape rumbles, "Don't do that again."

After pulling one of the larger swords out of his back with a grunt, Tim winds up for another punch at Ludovico. He was getting really tired of pulling shards of metal out of his person, and the poor tortoise had earned his ire simply by holding a sword.

Yeah, I don't really expect to hit anything, but I might as well try!

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

Silverback

"Let's, uh... Let's not eat anybody, OK, kid? That's not what we're here for."

Yamtaggler fucked around with this message at 00:41 on May 15, 2014

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

Silverback - Sewers

"poo poo!" Tim shouts as his fist flies as far away from the target as possible without punching himself. He'd have to get better about this.

As the tunnel fills with smoke, Tim's massive lungs follow suit. After a few seconds of coughing, he pauses for a moment to listen for the tell-tale sound of splashing tortoise feet. Maybe he'd smell something besides smoke and poo poo if he was lucky.

Straining his ears, Tim hears the Martial Arts Tortoise beating a hasty retreat. Well, third time's the charm, right?
I'm using my Super-Senses to see if I can't be useful in some regards.
Senses
Visual (Lowlight 1pp)
Auditory (Accurate 4pp, Ultra-Hearing 1pp)
Olfactory (Acute 2pp, Tracking 1pp)

EDIT
Since it's been ruled below that I can find the fella, I'm gonna swing at him again and dream of the day that I can buy Accurate Attack. Probably should have got that instead of Power Attack, honestly. Live and Learn.

Yamtaggler fucked around with this message at 04:54 on May 20, 2014

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

Silverback - Sewers

Tim roars a filthy gorilla-cuss as his giant fist destroys the air next to Ludovico, giving the tortoise ample time to make his escape.

"Yer not gettin away from me!" He bellows.

If he's not still in line of sight or sound, I'm gonna try and track him with my Gorilla Nose Powers. You said he got nicked by the sword wall, blood might leave a good trail, right?

Visual (Lowlight 1pp)
Auditory (Accurate 4pp, Ultra-Hearing 1pp)
Olfactory (Acute 2pp, Tracking 1pp)

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

Silverback - Bloody Sewers

Tim grunts something frighteningly noncommittal as he hoists the prone forms of the tortoises onto his ape shoulders. He had some apologies to make to some city employees, and the fact that he wasn't lying about the bank robbery might make it easier.

Tim's going to get the tortoises out of the sewer and then to jail? He hasn't planned that far ahead. He has to apologize first.

Also sorry for the delay on my end, sudden move, computer still in a box. Somewhere.

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

Tim - Central Agency

Tim rolls his eyes at the erstwhile valiant, while idly scratching at spots where his fur decided to stay in Estoc's armor joints. The hair was already growing back under his fingers, but it itched like crazy.
"Yer gonna be riding the bus next time, Sir Clanksalot. I think my days as a taxi are over for a while."

The massive ape carefully concealed a smile as he knuckle-walked into the room. That didn't go too badly, right?

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

Tim - Central Agency
Grey ears prick up at the mention of the found feline
"Don't mean to eavesdrop, but I can always ask 'im. If yer curious, that is."

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

Tim
"Yeah sure, I can talk to animals. What they have to say depends on the animal, though. Cats are generally pretty clever, but they've got an ego problem. At least mine does."

Yamtaggler fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jul 11, 2014

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

Tim
"Nah, the last thing anybody at the zoo wants to see is a gorilla on their side of the bars. Plus it'd be pretty hard to explain to the animals why I get to leave at the end of the day, y'know?"

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

Tim
The large primate lumbers into the room now that everyone is apparently finished conversing amongst themselves, and his leathery grey features immediately break into a smile at the sight of Molly. Egged on by the tiny team leader, Tim slaps his big monkey hands together a few times, then returns to a more comfortable quadrapedal stance. Good for Kat.

"She saved part of the day, anyway. Julie caught a cat, and I helped Lydia and Sir Pukesalot over here catch some bank robbers. Pretty successful trial run, eh Boss?"

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

Tim - Central Agency, Pre-Kitty Party

Tim nods at his diminutive commander. Taking orders from a child had worked out well for him so far.

"Sounds good, Boss, what kind of mission are we talking about? You got more drawings?"

Do we need to worry about our commander's bed time?

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

Tim - Central Agency

Tim takes a quick look at the drawing, and his eyes widen.

"Just curious, did you stay up to watch the Godzilla movie marathon last night? I'm pretty sure Godzilla isn't something we can stop on our own."

He pauses to scratch his chin.

"Maybe Mothra, though, I never understood what was the big deal with him."

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

Tim - Suspicious at the Central Agency

Something's fishy around here, and Gorilla-Dad is getting to the bottom of it.

He crouches down low enough to look Molly in the eye.

"Molly, I didn't see any Godzillas on the way back. Are you sure this is a real job? Come clean with me, kid."

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

Silverback

Tim's fur bristles as the roar echoes into the room. "Crap." He mumbles, self-censoreship ingrained into his mind by years of parenthood.
Turning, he places a giant hand on Molly's tiny shoulder.
"Molly, you were telling the truth and I'm very sorry I doubted you."
With that out of the way, he joins the others at the window.

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

Silverback

Tim slaps his leathery forehead and gives the sigh of an adult among children. He turns to address his comrades

"Ok, first thing: get rid of those friggin swords so Molly can get out of here. I hoped you had learned that swords and friends don't mix back in the sewers. Second: let's not do anything hasty."

He turns again to the window, edging the sword out of the way so he can conversate.

"Hey Big Fella," he grunts in his weird gorilla-speak, "You understand me? You need something?"

hoping godzooky here speaks critter

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

Silverback

Tim's shoulders sag with relief.

"S'alright everybody, he's got an appointment."

He returns his attention to the window and grunts,

"I'll go let the receptionist know! Don't go nowhere!"

He then knucklewalks out to the front desk to deliver the message.

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

Silverback

Tim trundles back to the window.

"Hey sorry for the runaround, our boss didn't tell us about the appointment." He ooks congenially, "What can we help you with?"

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

I'm legitimately touched that you guys liked my pretend monkeyman! Sorry I had to drop out, I had a lot of fun with the parts I was able to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

Sentient Ape may be the most accurate description of myself I've ever seen on the Internet.

• Locked thread