Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Jeffery
Crap, crap, CRAP! Now is NOT the time to be late! Estoc thinks to himself as his heavy armour thuds and clanks it's way towards the temp agency. His helmet was starting to drip with condensation, his sword of choice jingling on its chain at his side. He had trained enough to run in this armour, but that's not to say it was a fun time.

"If... If only I was... a speedster..." Estoc pants to nobody in particular as his sprint nears it's end. He plows into the door, to find a bunch of people already standing around, discussing their lunches. He'd forgotten his own, crap, what time was it? His gauntlets didn't have a room for a watch.

Speaking of which, why is he one of the few people in costume? Did he miss a memo? drat, drat, drat, he's gonna get fired before this even starts! He composes himself, standing straight, taking off his helmet and putting it under one arm. He let's his left hand rest on the pommel of his sword. Jeffery flashes a quick smile to the gathered people,
"I hope I'm didn't keep you all waiting."

Wait... Why is there a gorilla here?

---

pre:
Code Name: Estoc
Height: 6'
Weight: 155 lbs
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Brown
Skin: Tan

PL: 8
PP: 120/120

Abilities:		18 points +2pp/+1 ability rank
STR 3			6  points
STA 0			0  points
AGL 0			0  points
DEX 0			0  points
FGT 6			12 points
INT 0			0  points
AWE 0			0  points
PRE 0			0  points

Offence:
Sword - Close +10, 6 (Slashing), crit 19-20
Knife - Ranged (Thrown) +10, 4 (Piercing), crit 19-20
Swordburst - Area 120ft cone DC 18 dodge, 8 (Slashing)

Defence:		26 points - +1pp/+1 defence rank
Toughness	= 0 + 6 (Armour) + 2 (Defensive Roll)
Fortitude	= 0 + 8
Dodge		= 0 + 8
Parry		= 6 + 2
Will		= 0 + 8

Initiative: 0 + 4 (Improved Initiative)

Skills:			32 points +1pp/+2 skill ranks
Name		Total	Ranks	PP
Athletics	13	10	5
C.C. (Swords)   10      4       2
Expertise(Blacksmithing) 6/6    3
Intimidation    16      16      8
Perception      10      10      5
Knives          10      10      5
Insight         10      8       4

Advantages:		11 points +1pp/+1 
Equipment 3
All-Out Attack
Defensive Roll 2
Accurate Attack
Defensive Attack
Improved Initiative
Improved Disarm
Startle

Equipment:
Sword, 3 slashing damage, strength-based, 19-20 crit (4)
2 knives, 1 piercing damage, strength-based, 19-20 crit (2*2)
Full Plate, Protection 6 (6)
Cell Phone (1)

Powers:			33 points

Sword Burst (Damage 8)       33 points
Total Cost: 1 + 4 / Rank	Base Cost: 1 / Rank
Action:	Standard	Resistance: Dodge (DC 18)
Range:	120ft Cone	Duration:
Extras:	Ranged (1), Area Cone 120ft (2)	
Flaws: 
Flat Extras: Alternate Effect: Summon Swords (Flat 1)
Flat Flaws:
Effects: Swords materialize around Estoc and proceed to fly forward filling the area in front of him.

Summon Swords (Create 10)	Alternate Power
Total Cost: 2 + 3 / Rank	Base Cost: 2 / Rank
Action:	Standard	Resistance: Dodge (DC 18)
Range:	Ranged  	Duration: Sustained
Extras:	Continuous (1), Movable (1)
Flaws: Limited (Can only create blades) (-1)
Flat Extras: Precise, Innate (Flat 2)
Flat Flaws:
Effects: Summons swords that are for all intents and purposes real swords. He can move them telekinetically. 1000 cubic feet is his
limit to create at once, which if calculated with 1 longsword = around 14 cft. About 71 longswords. Alternately, one 1000 cft blade,
though that couldn't be used for much other than a barricade.

Complications:
I'll Show Them!: Although not the most valorous of beginnings for a hero. Estoc is driven by a need to prove himself to
both himself and others. He will accept any challenge he figures won't kill him, and give them all everything he can. This has a 
tendency to get into compromising situations to say the least. He once bet his armor on a duel he lost, he spent several 
months paying for that mistake in hard work.

Responsibility: Parents Ever since he started his blacksmithing career, his parents have been floating his school 
debts, but they've begun to fall behind. He wanted to start being a hero to make them proud, to protect them, and to make sure they 
never have financial troubles because of him again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Jeffery

Jeffrey shrugs under his armour, making a rustling noise as it shifts.

"I call myself Jeffrey or Estoc usually, either works. As to how many people are going to be on the team, no clue. I suppose the more the merrier."

He looks at the assembled group again. Noting the silent guy in the mask stareing at the gorilla. He can't blame him, really. He is tempted to do much the same.

"Not to sound curt or anything, but do you guys have something a little more... Protective to wear in the field? I mean, the gorilla and the lucha probably do best without protection, but I just don't want you guys getting a broken rib or something."

He fiddles with his helmet, clearly one of the only ones feeling ill at ease. Maybe it was the secretary's fault. He shudders at the thought of her.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Jeffery

Jeffery scowls at the infernal hero for a few seconds, trying to figure out if he's just been insulted. Would it be more knightly to take it in stride, or defend his honour? A little of both it is.

"To be honest, we've got at least me, a gorilla, and a luchador to wade into the nitty gritty, so it's a safe assumption someone somewhere is gonna throw a punch at the squad. What's more, if we're talking about apparent prepensitty..." He trails off, fumbling the word he'd never heard before. After a pause, he picks it back up again, "Apparent propensities, then why is a devil working at a heroic temp agency? This isn't a racial slur, but if you seriously expect to get through all of this without a fight or a quip or two, then you might want to reconsider getting some armour and/or earplugs."

Nailed it. As a punctuating statement he summons a crusader's hand-and-a-half sword, hilt and pommel imblazed with crosses and completely blunt-bladed as a bonus. He hangs his helmet on it. He leans forward to hear the other two's opinions. Guileless? Probably, but better safe than sorry.

Jeffery nods at the gorilla's, Tim's (good lord man, he's still a man), sage comment, he then turns to one of the Kats again, to hear her take on the situation, before his armour rattles with a noise you could feel as much as hear. "Speaking of earplugs..."

His face goes blank as Julie enters, before settling into a wry grin "Jeez, it's days like this I realize I lost the superpower lottery. Summoning swords... To be able to fly..." He stops leaning on his sword, worrying about the flooring, and let's it rest against his armour. "Oh man, greek? That's pretty awesome. I'll have something left at the end, whatever you all don't want."

He sits there, trying to remember who Julie was, he feels he should know this one... Whatever, he'd figure it out in some spare time. Maybe while he was hammering the imperfections out of that buckler he was making...

Wait

"Oh, crap, sorry. I'm Jeffery, nice to meet you!" He offers Julie a gauntleted hand.

Jade Mage fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Feb 25, 2014

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Jeffery

Jeffery sighs at the devil. "For the insults, I meant. I'm not a man for words. I'll just say that this armour is making up for the fact that my power does not extend to anything beyond pointy pieces of metal. It's not for wading into combat, exactly, it's to keep me safe while I try to keep my teammates safe. I have a feeling you'll just talk me into a corner if I continue debating though, so I guess it's nice to meet you Garrett."

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Jeffrey

He puts on his helmet and shrugs.
"I'd say deal with the bank robbery first, it's the only time-sensitive one. The cat and Doctor Death will be there later. I don't expect the bank robbers to stick around and order a pizza."

He forces the crusader sword out of existence and lays his hand on his home-made one.
"That said, I have no objections to dealing with the Good Doctor if you guys want to start in the thick of things. If we dealt with the cat, I could make a little stairwell of floating swords, but again, that might not give the right image and is prone to accidents..."

At the mention of a bus-pass he nods, "The only way I get around is heavy metal jogging... Not as rad as it sounds, so if anyone can offer a lift I'd be grateful."

Jade Mage fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Feb 27, 2014

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

I may not have any grand access to internet for the next week, I'll see what I can do, but I may be mostly inactive. Family issues, apologies.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Jeffery

Jeffery rolls his shoulders, shaking the armour back into place with a jingle. "Fighting a robot cross-dresser? Sounds like a hoot, and something that I can really apply myself to... But I'm not sending Tim into a bank robbery solo, so sign me up for some mundane police work! Gorilla and Knight, a real crime fighting duo that people can write songs about!"

It dawns on him that he might be the only one who actually worries he might not come home. He hides his scowl under Estoc's helmet, he's still a superhero, he'll handle it. Aw jeez, am I really that odd in thinking a cat can handle itself? he wonders as he silently watches the conversation unfold.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Jeffery

"Estoc..." he mutters as everyone seems to keep forgetting his name.
"My armour isn't comfortable to move in anyhow, so Tim, I'd take you up on that ride. I can make giant swords as bridges and or platforms for you as we go. My swords find gravity as more of an option than anything when I'm paying attention."

He salutes the child-commander.

Here we go... he thinks, somewhat unenthusiastically

---
Summon Swords (Create) 10, continuous, movable, limited (to swords), precise, innate.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Jeffery

Estoc wrests himself from the grasp of his ape companion, clattering to the pavement with a groan. "And I thought running in this armour sucked. No offense Tim, but that was horrible."

He heaves himself to his knees and then up. Estoc summons one of his namesake swords, before noticing absolutely nothing.

"Isn't there a little more, I don't know, action at most crime scenes?"
He goes to help Sprite up, saying as he works "Should I summon all of the swords I'll need, or... what?"

Jade Mage fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Mar 12, 2014

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Jeffery
Estoc watches his teammates break off before saying to Sprite "Hey, I'll check out the roof. See if there's anything odd."

He summons several broadswords floating in the air beside the building and climbs them like a staircase.

A little use of Create 10 with movable.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Jeffrey - Outside the Fist National Back of Delaware

Uttering several miscellaneous curses, Estoc begins to climb down from the Back. As he steps off of each sword in the staircase, it dissipates. We wouldn't want the curious base jumper or wannabe hero getting any ideas about roofs of buildings and such.

He grimaces behind his helmet as he thinks of that one kid in trade school who thought he gained super powers from the forge that somebody threw firecrackers in. The explosions made the whole thing bellow whenever he tried to approach it, entirely coincidental. Turns out, fire crackers aren't quite mystical enough, they just sound it...

Once descended, he approaches Tim,
"What do we do now? I don't see anything wrong here. Shall we just enter and ask 'Hey, any of you been robbed recently?'"

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Jeffrey

He nods at Sprite. "Now all we need is a few anthropomorphic turtles and a rat." He begins to look around for a sewer grate, if finding one, tries to pry it open with a thick sword conjured for this express purpose.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Jeffrey

Estoc hesitates a moment, glancing over at his companions. He sighs, wondering how much paperwork he's going to have for doing what he was about to do.

Around 30 longswords with varying designs appear around Estoc, floating with their points pointing towards the manhole cover.

"Sir, I'm here on HIREUS business, regarding a recent robbery. I have reason to suspect suspects may have entered the sewers. I would urge, even go so far as to pray, that you stop obstructing the path of the righteous, and let me and my metal friends descend." Estoc says, mustering his most formal yet imposing tone. He hates the voice but it sometimes works.

Trying to intimidate the blokes, 16 in intimidate. Also, aesthetic use of Create.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Jeffery

Frothing with anger, Estoc is thankful to be wearing a helmet to mask his glare of contempt. He makes the swords float above him as he steps away from the construction worker. "And I thought the Round Table was a tough union, gently caress. Any ideas, Tim?"

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Jeffery

Sweet mother of fish, did everyone get the awesome powers but me?

Estoc doesn't hold a grudge because Tim just saved his tail, but he takes great pleasure in saluting the construction workers before descending into the hole after Tim.

"Seriously, thank you Tim, you're a life and time saver." He briefly considers patting him on the back, but given what he just saw he wouldn't want it to be reciprocated.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Jeffery
Estoc nods, "I guess this is it huh? Time to be heroes? The knight descends into the dark cave with nothing but a colorful girl and his trusty ape partner?"

He starts walking forward sword at the ready, "Well? Let's go get killed and eaten!"

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Jeffrey

Completely dropping his composure, Estoc screams "Gah, gently caress, what are you!?" at the tortoises, swinging his drawn blunt sword at the nearest!

I guess that's simply a close combat check, +10 accuracy 6 damage.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Jeffrey

Watching his attack bounce off of the turtle, he figures their shells must be serious business. Estoc glances to his apey companion. "What are you doing, trying to flatten the sewer bed?" He jokes at his friend's lack of grace. "You may want to move your hands!"

Estoc is going to try to summon as many swords as he can fit atop the fallen tortoise, trying to bury it in steel. He makes the blades blunt, so that he won't get sued. The total amount of swords he can make is approximately 71 fairly large swords, and if there's room to do so, that's a lot of steel.

Summon 10, precise, 1000 cft.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Jeffery

Estoc gets about halfway into a snark before choking on his own spit, seeing his compatriot absolutely hammer the tortoise into the ground. He thinks better of goading the man-in-gorilla's-clothing after that. He returns to trying to handle his own tortoise, feeling suitibly under-prepared.

Back to close combat by sword, I guess. +10 attack, 6 damage.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Jeffrey

Oh great, Jeffrey thinks to himself I'm getting beaten up by a turtle with a stupid costume. He stops hoping on the spot, trying to compose himself and unleashes a burst of swords.

Though I have no idea how accuracy works, I'm going to use a 120 cone of swords, trying to keep my friends out of it. Sword Burst, damage 8.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Jeffery

Increasingly frustrated with this whole situation, he staggers into a swing against Ludovico. He quickly shouts a quick "Crap, sorry!" to his teammates in between thrusts of what some would consider a blade.
"Should I maybe use a sword with an edge? I don't think anyone would miss these guys, and hell, maybe aberration tortoise legs taste like chicken!"

Continue feebly swinging a large piece of metal at my foe! :doh:

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Jeffrey

"drat it turtles!" Estoc hisses, coughing up smoke. He sees an opportunity to do his thing again, conjuring up swords to float and obstruct the pathways out of the sewers as far as he can remember, hoping to trap the reptilian foe.

Estoc, in a coughing-fit-tortoise-hunting-induced rage, unconsciously adds one-in-three bladed swords to the floating barricades, apathetic to his enemy and downright just being mean.

Create 8, precise/movable again! Hopefully this works better than last time!

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Jeffrey

Estoc curses, and looks to his ape friend. "Lead on, I have no way of keeping up with the tortoise."

I guess I'll follow Tim's lead!

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Jeffrey

In the wake of the combat, Jeffrey awkwardly slides up next to Tim. "Hey uhh, I'm sorry I accidentally stabbed you, just... Uhh... Don't do that to me."
With that sorted, he walks over to the bags of probably-money and says "We should take them back to the back, otherwise it might seem like we're the ones committing theft."

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Jeffery

Estoc removes his helmet to show a grim face to Mach. "As it turns out," he says shakily "Never accidentally stab the person who carries you home over your shoulder. He can make your ride home pretty... Rough."

Jeffery taps the gorilla on the shoulder, then staggers forward towards the debrief.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Jeffrey

Jeffrey conjures a two and a half handed sword and leans on it with his gauntlets. "Sorry, been trying not to vomit, what has Kat done?"

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Jeffrey

"I'll be fine, just a little motion sickness." He flashes the best smile he can manage right now.

He grimaces at the name calling, turning to Kat.
"Well done though, I could summon you a really really cool Swiss army knife or something, engraved with whatever you want, but I don't really know what to use this power for. As the lavamancer herself knows full well, collateral damage is a bitch."

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Jeffery, Central Agency

Jeffery smiles, saluting the tiny general. "Yes Ma'am, some drawings would be perfect!"

He looks to Tim, "Tim, do you know how much you can lift? If it's a big job, a rough estimate might help the boss explain how this could go down."

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Jeffery

"This doesn't actually come up much, but I can use my normal sword telekinesis... swordikenisis..? to summon and swing a blade far larger than me. Like, 1000 cft." he says, hesitatingly.

Then adds to his littlest commander "That's about the size of a mid to large size tanker truck."

Jade Mage fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Aug 11, 2014

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Jeffery

"OH SON OF A BII-dog. Son of a dog?"

He throws on his helmet and dashes to the window. "Having a boss under the age of majority sucks" he mutters under his breath to the fellow swear-voidance failure.

"How does something like this just sneak up on us!?"

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Jeffr- JESUS TAP DANCING CHRIST!

Estoc, with all the composure he can muster, leaps backwards and falls on his a-"keister". He summons a tipi of swords around his little boss as protection, followed by one gigantic sword in between the giant lizard and his friends, completely barring the window. Does it block vision? Yeah, but it might take a hit for them too.

Desperately Summoning Swords

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Jeffrey

Destroying the swords, he sighs at Tim, "I an sorry Tim, but I did not expect to be having a staring contest with a giant lizard that could kill all of us. This was more of a knee-jerk reaction"

Jade Mage fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Aug 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Jeffrey

"I know by dressing like a knight I was asking for it. But now a dragon..."

He puts away his sword, pausing.

"What is with us and giant reptiles? First the tortoises..."

• Locked thread