Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

Katrina

"Oh gosh, this just hit me, are you a lady from the movies? You look like you were in moooooooooooovies. Were you in, um...the one with David Bowie where he goes to the grocery store and then eats dinner? I loved that movie. Would you sign my t-shirt?"

Katrina saunters in, garbed in tasteful pyjama bottoms and the sort of plain-ish grey t-shirt you get for signing up for a credit card at a student fair (though her costume -- still covered with a bit of glitter residue! -- is pretty obviously peeking out from underneath), trying very very hard not to give in to the goofy, terrrrrrrribly amused grin threatening to spill across her face. Soon enough, though, it passes, and she settles into a particularly comfy-looking seat.

....oh, what's that she has in tow? Oh, jeez, that's...no, that's not an actual turkey, fully cooked and ready to eat, it's just a lunchbox shaped like one. And inside...

Well, one supposes it's food, if not exactly Lunch Food.

She frowns at her assembled coworkers, finally piping up after the second fistful of fish (fishful?)! "Hi, I'm Hurricane Katrina and I have to eat fish or else I'll wither and die because the King of All Fish cursed me!"

...she sounds way too enthusiastic for those words and that expression.

pre:
Code Name: Hurricane Katrina
Height: "Rude."
Weight: "Rude."
Eyes: "They're looking at youuuuuuuuu."
Hair: "Everywhere. I actually look like a yeti under this costume, 
because I was bitten by a yeti and became a yeti myself."
Skin: "Rude."

PL: 8
PP: 120/120

Abilities:              12 points
STR  1                   2 points
STA  2                   4 points
AGL  2                   4 points
DEX  1                   2 points
FGT  2                   4 points
INT -1                  -2 points
AWE  2                   4 points
PRE  1                   2 points

Offence:                         
Close Attack +6, +1 Damage (Variable)

Defence:                12 points
Toughness      2 = 2 sta
Fortitude      5 = 2 sta + 3
Dodge          5 = 2 agl + 3
Parry          5 = 2 fgt + 3
Will           5 = 2 awe + 3

Initiative:    6 = 2 agl + 4 (Improved Initiative)

Skills:                  9 points
Name               Total   Ranks   PP
Expertise
 - Current Events +2      +3   1.5 PP
 - Pop Culture    +2      +3   1.5 PP
Insight           +6      +4     2 PP
Investigation     +3      +4     2 PP
Persuasion        +5      +4     2 PP

Advantages:              10 points
Animal Empathy
Close Attack 4
Evasion
Hide in Plain Sight
Improved Initiative
Luck
Uncanny Dodge

Powers:                 64 points

Animal Shapeshift          64 points
Total Cost: 8PP/Rank    Base Cost: 7PP/Rank
Action: Move        Resistance: None
Range: Personal         Duration: Continuous
Extras: Continuous +1PP/Rank, Move Action +1PP/Rank
Flaws: Limited (Animals) -1PP/Rank                
Effects: 40 points, to assume the shapes of animals.

Motivations/Complications        
Motivation: Getting Mom and Dad off her back, I mean GOD ugh (Acceptance)
Katrina doesn't really care about...well, about a lot of things, really. 
She doesn't care too too much about money, 'cos her parents stole like five banks 
and have a secret vault full of bitcoin a billion gold bars under the house 
or something, and she definitely doesn't care about fame or HER ADORING AND/OR 
TERRIFIED PUBLIC or anything like that, but she *does* want her parents to get off her case. 
Also, a tiny part of her might want her parents' approval, albeit only on her terms 
because seriously gently caress supervillaining the whole thing just seems so dumb gosh

Complication: Catnip and Bellyrubs (Addiction)
Katrina has a bit of a problem. See...she loving loves being a cat, and in 
the time since gaining her powers she's developed a near-pathological need for Cat Time. 
Why is this, you might ask? Wellllll....other people loving love cats, too! They shower 
them with bellyrubs and catnip and ear-pettings and every kind of affection, because cats 
are loving adorable. People don't, however, love the children of infamous supervillains 
so much, especially when they're disaffected layabouts like Katrina, and her own parents haven't 
been the warmest people, so she's kinda lovestarved outside of Cat Time! This tends to mean that 
when she doesn't get at least a day a week where she can chase balls of yarn and bother the 
neighbors/Petco customers/etc. for pettings, she gets mopey and irritable and generally kind of 
unpleasant-feeling. also she may actually be addicted to catnip

Complication: I'm nyot talking like a cat right meow what are mew even saying gosh (Quirk)
Sometimes changing into half the animal kingdom does funny things to your head, blah blah adopting 
traits and vocal tics of different animals after she reverts to human form bluh bloo kind of 
blanking on flavor text and i don't wanna delay things further :ohdear:

Ningyou fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Feb 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

Katrina - Central Agency

There's an abrupt gulp of what she has in her mouth, and suddenly Katrina has given in to that big ol' grin for a completely different reason, leeeeeaning over toward Lydia all enthusiastic-like. "Dude, I love goldfish! I mean, not actual goldfish 'cos mom and dad taught me never to trust a goldfish--" Here she casts a baleful glance down at the sack of sweets-- "--because they're slippery and sly and will betray you sooner or later, because it's in their *nature*, mom said, so having actual fish in the house seems like a recipe for disaster, but the cracker kind? Oh my gosh. Especially the jalapeno ki--"

She's about to make some kind of comment to Not Satan about how gosh, nosiree, the King of All Fish isn't metaphorical or rhetorical or any kind of intangible thing i mean why would you think that don't you read when somebody flies their jet into the HIREUS parking lot. (Fliiiiiinch.)

....no, wait, someone is the jet. And they've brought Greek. Or something.

Biiiiiig grin. "Hi, I'm Katrina! And I think I speak for all of us when I say that this, um....Aristotelian food? Is that even a thin--you know, who cares! The point is that we all love you for bringing Aristotelian food and you're the real hero here and are you going to bring food every day? 'cos that would be *really* heroic." Katrina then digs one of the gummy fish into the tub of korma, scooping out a dollop of the stuff and unceremoniously shoveling it into her mouth.

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

Katrina - Central Agency

"Hey, Molllllll~ly." Okay, so there are some things in the world that get genuine smiles out of Katrina, cute-as-a-button kids like Molly being one of them. "Oh, jeez..." Oh jeez, indeed! Her expression turns dire as she peers over the crayola masterpieces before her. "A cat, huh? Welllll....oth--well, cats are tyrannical jerks and I hate them. See, even the sun's scared of the cat! He's...wait, is the sun a he or a she? Er...never mind that. Um..."

She peeeeeeers down at the first drawing, as if scrutinizing some tiny tiny detail. "...the sun's, like, inching away from the cat."

She takes a gander at the next one. Bank robbery? Booooooring.

"Doctor Death?" She reaches back for another fistful of Swedish Fish, dipping them into a bowl of something and gobbling the whole mess up. "Nowf we're aal--" She swallows, again. Not much for chewing, huh? "--Now we're talkin--waaaaait a second."

Aaaaand all of a sudden Katrina has this vaguely disconcerting half-smile, plotting smile. "You guys...why don't we try to pit Doctor Death against the kitten? Y'know--" She cracks her knuckles all dramatic-like-- "--to the death." She stage-whispers to the devil beside her~ "You see it too, right? That kitty looks like t-r-o-u-b-l-e. Maybe even more dangerous than Doctor Death! Much too dangerous to run loose."

Ningyou fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Mar 1, 2014

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

Katrina - Central Agency

Suddenly, Katrina looks surprised and way too amused.

"Oh, man. Doctor Death is just a cosplayer or something? We should definitely beat him u--

"...I mean, we should definitely enlist his help with the kitty! Because, you know, anybody who dresses up like a robot instead of, like, Robot Hitler or something? They probably live for shi--" One sheepish near-smile at Molly later, she corrects herself. "They probably live for stuff like--" Here, she extends her arms all stiff-like and sways jerkily-- "BEEP. BOOP. THIS. UNIT. WILL RESCUE. KITTEN. FOR TREE. AM. I. FEELING. WHAT. ARE. FEELINGS. WHAT. IS. LOVE. PLEASE. LOVE. ME--"

Katrina just roooooolls her eyes. "I guess what I mean is, I'll do the Doctor Death one."

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

Katrina Van Ouden - DOCTOR DEATH'S BARGAIN BOUQUET FLORAL OUTLET

At some point, Katrina hops off a bus and meanders over to where the rest of their super-group had assembled, reaching the doors just as El Mago and Kat call out to....

"Wait, Senior Death? Is he, like...a senior citizen?"

Kat just gets this horribly gleeful look on her face and calls out, speaking LOUD AND SLOOOOOOOOOOW and so very deadpan.

"GRAMPA? HEY, GRANDPA? C'MOOOOON, GRAMPA, THE LADY NEXT DOOR LOST HER KITTY IN THE PARK. HER KITTY, GRANDPA! IF YOU HELP US FIND HER KITTY, I'M SURE SHE'LL GIVE YOU LOTS OF BUTTERSCOTCH. BUTTERSCOTCH, GRANPA!"

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

Katrina - Death's Domain, surprisingly well-reviewed on Yelp despite literally selling nothing but tortilla chips and peppers

"Whoooooooo! Go team!"

Up until now, Katrina has been doing her best to remain unnoticed. See, she doesn't *do* peppers. (Or most spicy food, for that matter, though Thai is pret~ty good.) Nuh-uh. She's been trying to just blend into the crowd slash maybe hide behind her compatriots, but now that someone else has taken the piquant picante bullet for her? Well, now she can make a contribution to the team's efforts! By yelling a lot.

"Yeah! Go team, uh....go other Kat! Cook those peppers! Yeah!" There's a halfhearted little fist-pump.

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

KATRINA, some time later -- Central Agency

At some point, after the kitchen burst into flame but before the heroes valiantly put the fire out and triumphantly took witness statements and etc., Katrina silently volunteered herself for the vital task of hopping a bus back to the HIREUS office and taking (most! most of the credit. Not all of the credit! She's not a monster okay gosh) credit for her group's performance.

(Well, okay, what she assumed the outcome would be. Of course, there's always the tiny, tiiiiny, infinitesimally small chance that the others would lose and DOCTOR PEPPER would embark on some reign of tex-mex terror and her salsa-and-seasoning shame would be laid bare but if that in fact did happen everyone would probably be occupied with lots of other stuff anyways! He'd probably menace the city in a giant ghost pepper-fuelled robot -- supervillainy types like that always do! -- and everyone would forget alllllll about whatever minor embellishments Katrina might have, erm...)

At some point, after the five-alarm fracas began but hopefully before everyone else got back to the office, Katrina saunters back into HIREUS! She saunters in the door, this terribly catlike look of lazy satisfaction on her face, and announces to whoever's around: "So you don't have to thank me or anything, but--" (She leans in, whispering as if to confide some juicy secret.~) "I kinda took care of that whole Doctor Pepper situation. Like, I hate to brag about this stuff, but I totally beat him up until he promised not to mistreat any peppers or do, um...y'know. Crime stuff." Aaaaand there's a lazy shrug. "I don't know what happened to those other two, though. Something about a pepper-eating contest? Um...is that a thing with super, um, superpeople? Eating peppers?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

Katrina - Central Agency

"C'mon...." She tries as hard as she can to project bashful and happy instead of her usual surliness or eyerolliness or whatever! IT'S REALLY HARD YOU GUYS. YOU SHOULD BE DOUBLE THANKING HER. "I guess it wasn't just me. It was a team effort, and "me" and "a" are in team, so....so it was only like three-quarters me, one-quarter you all." Katrina gives a big, doofy smile and a thumbs-up. "Woohoo! Um.....one-quarter good job, everyone! Except Molly deserves credit too so I guess it's more like....um...one-tenth good job, everyone!"

Here Katrina gives a bigger and congratulatorier and thumbs-uppier thumbs-up to Molly.

"So...what now?"

Sorry for still being so slow :ohdear:

• Locked thread