Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Who started calling the little stubby antennas "rubber duck" anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

newington is really cumbersone to say
try it out

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

longview posted:

when I read up on them I noticed that most western nations have stopped using them in the last decade, but the russians and other east block countries seem to still operate them

presumably the more technologically sophisticated spy agencies have switched to horse ebook twitters and other more advanced communication methods, which makes sense since these days having short wave radios is pretty rare compared to 30 years ago

steganography cat pictures

That tabby you reposted once?
assassination orders. :3:

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

you triangulate it and it's probably just some antennas out in a field and a little shack you can't get to

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

SO DEMANDING posted:

i just watched dudes chat via radio by loving around with virtual audio cable and piping in audio from a web-enabled software defined radio in the netherlands into an application with a GUI straight out of 1996

jonny help i want to fill my attic with copper and stop trimming my beard whats happening

doesn't count until you cut into their video on both sides ranting about how you're NOT A RACIST STOP CALLING ME THAT RETARDS but these black gay people next door won't stop playing their music all night

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

KLYSTRON OR DUBSTEP GUN?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

lol

quote:

Only certain sites on the crystal surface functioned as rectifying junctions. The device was very sensitive to the exact geometry and pressure of contact between wire and crystal. Therefore it was made adjustable, and a usable point of contact was found by trial and error before each use. The wire was suspended from a moveable arm and was dragged across the crystal face by the operator until the device began functioning.

• Locked thread