Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
Sham I Am
Jan 14, 2008
I Am Sham

as I sit here at his show with like 18,000 of my closest friends I realize I dont really like Billy Joel. I thought the show would be good, I mean Piano Man and the Bossom Buddies theme song, right? But nope, it turns out I dont care what happens in the middle of the night, but gently caress if this bastard wont stop telling me about it.

eta. TBH At the start of the show he made fun of Sweaty Teddy which was pretty funny

Sham I Am fucked around with this message at Feb 22, 2014 around 03:41

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sid Delicious
Oct 31, 2007

this thread...it was made for me

edgy poo poo op

Griff Lee
Sep 4, 2011

"Mega Lolz"

nobody gives a gently caress

Slybo
Mar 6, 2005

You need to be in a New York State of mind.

Griff Lee
Sep 4, 2011

"Mega Lolz"

Slybo posted:

You need to be in a New York State of mind.

lol I love Beyonce

Hwbrgdtse
Nov 23, 2013

Why hello!

you should have sat at home and masturbated instead

ALL-PRO SEXMAN
Nov 8, 2006

Veni, vidi, Lombardi.

Griff Lee posted:

nobody gives a gently caress

Slybo
Mar 6, 2005

Hwbrgdtse posted:

you should have sat at home and masturbated instead

Piedmon Sama
Apr 15, 2008

"That's right, it was me who killed your father! And now I'm going to kill you!"

u motherfuckre

Kraustofski
Jun 21, 2007

Receiving data bursts, everything to do with it.

Billy Joel doesn't like you either.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iyv905Q2omU

"Pressure" was a pretty good song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEea624OBzM

So was "Big Shot".

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

i like that rebel yell song

Slybo
Mar 6, 2005

I'd like to start this thread on fire.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Sham I Am posted:

as I sit here at his show with like 18,000 of my closest friends I realize I dont really like Billy Joel. I thought the show would be good, I mean Piano Man and the Bossom Buddies theme song, right? But nope, it turns out I dont care what happens in the middle of the night, but gently caress if this bastard wont stop telling me about it.

gently caress you. River of Dreams is the first album I ever bought, and totally my jam.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Does he play the theme song from "Oliver and Company" at shows?

Sham I Am
Jan 14, 2008
I Am Sham

its sad and its sweet

Volume
May 2, 2008

Now I don't know how you guys do it but when I'm in my underwear I like to have a good time.

Think back to when you first moved out of your parents house. When you first payed your own bills with some lovely paying job. How when rent and bills were paid you barely had enough money for food but how good it felt. Now remember that feeling and listen to this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3JFEfdK_Ls

Hwbrgdtse
Nov 23, 2013

Why hello!

Volume posted:

Think back to when you first moved out of your parents house. When you first payed your own bills with some lovely paying job. How when rent and bills were paid you barely had enough money for food but how good it felt. Now remember that feeling and listen to this song.

i feel like both laverne and shirley at the same time

Sham I Am
Jan 14, 2008
I Am Sham

Volume posted:

is it piano man? cause im listening to it live, and the only emotion it brings up is hope that this will be the last song

Volume
May 2, 2008

Now I don't know how you guys do it but when I'm in my underwear I like to have a good time.

Sham I Am posted:

is it piano man? cause im listening to it live, and the only emotion it brings up is hope that this will be the last song

He never said you had to give him a second chance. He never said he was a victim of circumstance. But he still belongs, don't get him wrong. You can speak your mind but not his time.

mookface
Jun 7, 2009

Diane! I'm holding in my hand a box of small chocolate bunnies.

Billy Joel hasn't aged well.

Sham I Am
Jan 14, 2008
I Am Sham

mookface posted:

Billy Joel hasn't aged well.

I think it was all of the uptown girls.

Hwbrgdtse
Nov 23, 2013

Why hello!

that nigga was married to christy brinkley

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Sham I Am posted:

I think it was all of the uptown girls.

The music video was pretty amazing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCuMWrfXG4E

Sham I Am
Jan 14, 2008
I Am Sham

he is moving around on stage now and iw looking pretty rickety. Im afraid he is going to break a hip or something.

mookface
Jun 7, 2009

Diane! I'm holding in my hand a box of small chocolate bunnies.

Sham I Am
Jan 14, 2008
I Am Sham

someone should tell this fucker it wasnt ever rock n roll

SpicyMeatSandwich
Apr 22, 2007

Gilf + Cuchini

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

we didn't start this lovely thread

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Sham I Am posted:

someone should tell this fucker it wasnt ever rock n roll

Who is rock n' roll, OP?

SpicyMeatSandwich
Apr 22, 2007

Also google 'Billy Joel is a' and the suggestions are good.
Billy Joel is a jerk, hack, drunk, and douchebag

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

He desperately wants to be respected and because of that he never will.

Sham I Am
Jan 14, 2008
I Am Sham

FuzzySkinner posted:

Who is rock n' roll, OP?

its not 18k middle aged white people watchibg Billy Joel. on the plus side, this is the politest crowd I have ever seen

to be fair, I am also a middle aged white people

Sham I Am fucked around with this message at Feb 22, 2014 around 03:54

Hwbrgdtse
Nov 23, 2013

Why hello!

BigBoss posted:

He desperately wants to be respected and because of that he never will.

he called his classical album "fantasies and delusions." he might as well have called it "no, please, music journalists. allow me."

Wayside Bazaar
Jun 30, 2008

jscolon2.0 posted:

gently caress you. River of Dreams is the first album I ever bought, and totally my jam.

Solidarity.

Ootrek
Oct 21, 2012

i'm capten kurk

i liked the albums The Stranger and 52nd Street, because they are good to me, in my opinion

Tuxedo Gin
May 20, 2003

Classy.

op you suck billy joel is awesome

Auritech
May 27, 2004

she sells freedom and arms eritrea

i like billy joel. even if he is a hopeless drunk. the nylon curtain is a really good album. he can write some really terrible filler sometimes (c'etait toi off glass houses is a joke, he didnt even know french, and a lot of an innocent man is trash and proves happy artists make bad songs). but he's still ok in my book.

elton john can go bite a butt tho, and i don't care how many rocket men or goodbye yellow brick roads you throw at me.

Biggie Shorty
Oct 8, 2008

Volume posted:

Bosom Buddies was the poo poo. Fuckin real rear end 80s transvestite humor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOKNgNFeC4s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN
Apr 27, 2010

I put up my thumb... and it blotted out the planet Earth.

Working too hard can give you a heart attack-ack-ack-ack, op

«2 »