Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.

Suzuki Method posted:

Ok help me out here, this is my first episode of Hell's Kitchen and my grandma was watching it and I saw the surprise elimination, what did Nicole do?

It's worth noting that Ramsay basically does whatever he wants, the nominations are more just suggestions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
I know that by all rights I shouldn't like Jason but I find his shear intensity hilarious for some reason.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

I wish there was more HH talk. This is honestly my favorite Ramsay show.

Though the weird tinting they filmed this season in is really annoying.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Lets just get the obvious out of the way:

that woman literally looked like a witch.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Xelkelvos posted:

It's probably been brought up in this thread before, but I'm curious as to why there's literally been zero focus on Bowen Li on Masterchef over the past few episodes. They don't even show his dishes being tasted and it's almost absurd the lengths the show goes to to sorta ignore his existence.

Hah, you know I was going to post just the same observations.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

LadyPictureShow posted:

Well, color me surprised at tonight’s episode; did not see that first elimination coming.

Indeed. I wonder if there was some backroom producer drama going on.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Which is weird, since neither of them seem that great.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

I just want to know what kind of a pilot he is

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

That was the worst MC season ever. How did Gerron win? Ashely and Cesar were both way better than him (and consistently edited as so as well).

If not the contestants specifically, then at the very least the editing/narrative was really poor.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Anne Whateley posted:

Gordon has a new UK miniseries where he, an Italian chef, and a French maître d' drive around their countries in an RV. If you like watching him act like a 12-year-old instead of screaming, it is a good show. Gordon, Gino, and Fred: Road Trip

Nah I just like watching him screaming.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Is it wrong that I think Trevor's kind of funny?

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

I don't care how stupid, fake, and badly edited they are, I will never not love all of Gordon's goofy shows.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Lol even with the new kitchen and renovations that place still looked dirty AF.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Hijinks Ensue posted:

One of these days there has to be a restaurant so gross even Gordon gives up, takes one look at the roaches and says, "We'll nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure."

Presumably the ones he gives up on don't make it into episodes!

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Man, not a single comment on Gordon Ramsay dressed as Mrs. Doubtfire? That was some A+ quality television right there.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Lol that decoy Gordon was creepy AF.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Guuuhh I can't stand that Fred kid.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

DariusLikewise posted:

Nick was robbed

Agreed. He should've won.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

God why does Football have to ruin everything good.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

I watched it. I found it weird how, at the beginning, they introduced this one kid as the store manager who barely survived the flood. Then he never showed up again.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Did anyone watch the new HK tonight? God as stupid as this show is, I absolutely love it.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Kwatz posted:

Love that Gordon just has a crate of shrimp tossed off a helicopter to announce the daily challenge.

I love how they tried to make it seem dramatic and exciting even though the helicopter was clearly not even close.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Mary Lou and Declan are my favorites and I hope they stick around for a while.

LOL at the knuckle sandwich comment.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Lol I love Mary Lou.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

I legit like all three of Cody, Mary Lou and Big D. They're remarkably engaging characters for this stupid show.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Did that guy say "this is a vibe" IRL? :what:

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

BIG D MUST WIN.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

I still say Big D shoulda won :colbert:

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Anne Whateley posted:

The real lol is that when they showed the old clips, he looked older in season 1 than he does in season 20. Nice work

What is it with early reality shows and that misty-soap-opera lighting? You could spot it easily in those early clips they showed.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Timby posted:

Most of them weren't shooting in HD at that point and the majority were capturing footage on MiniDV or DVCAM, which has a rather distinctive soft look to it.

Interesting. It's weird how I don't remember them looking like that at all.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Iron Crowned posted:

You had a lovely old TV in 2007 OP

Jokes on you, I'm still using that tv :smugndar:

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

*watches the new season of Master Hell's Kitchen alone*

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

J-Spot posted:

It's hard to imagine any of the guys winning this season. I guess Steve hasn't had any major gently caress ups but he's also been pretty much invisible during all of the dinner services and doesn't get a lot of talking head segments.

Ehhhh, I find it's really hard to tell until they whittle it down more. The editors effectively invent each episode, so you're never getting a true representation of each contestant.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

LOL @ Kevin. Was he stoned the entire time?

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Man I'm so glad Josie is gone. She has that weird way of talking that I've noticed in a lot of other reality tv stars where there's no intonation, or emotion, in her voice at all. I find it super annoying to listen to.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Petrozza was great!

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

From what I could tell it looked like they remained on the tray?

But yeah, he's not good at the reality show game.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

WOoo there's some life in this thread.

And ya I like Alex a lot too.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

My friends and I all call it Stupid Platform Cooking Show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Dokapon Findom posted:

Congratulations Ryan, the winner of Hells Kitchen America Dream!

Im okay with this.

Stupid season overall though.