Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

-Atom- posted:

So Bellator landed Monster Energy as their official energy drink sponsor and named Rampage Jackson as their first guy on the roster.

Jokes write themselves, gang.

It's not irresponsible as long as they didn't give him a truck with his torso airbrushed on the side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
That was so loving cool. I don't think I've ever seen that.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

:stare: This is a joke you're making and not his actual nickname, right? I remember him heel hooking Rich Clementi, so I can't be sure.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

PaganGoatPants posted:

The worst stoppage ever or the worst stoppage ever?

It wasn't even close to the worst stoppage on that card (though Jason Herzog is usually a lot more on the ball than he was there). The finish of Gallemore/Brown was so poorly handled that no promoter should work in Kansas again until they make some changes. Referee Chuck Wolfe is an incompetent loving monster. I skipped the rest of the card because it was so unpleasant.

Incidentally, what fights were worth watching?

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Horodecki/Sandro should be funny. Or sad. Also, how is Behrang's nickname not "Gofuq?"

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I hope it does Baroni/Shamrock Fedor/Lindland numbers so I don't have to hear "Bellator" and "PPV" in the same sentence anymore except as a cautionary proverb.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Why does Tito look like Wanderlei's Japanese cousin?

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

tito's noggin posted:

“I don’t listen to the naysayers,” Ortiz said at Thursday’s pre-UFC 120 media session. “I listen to the yaysayers.”

(I don't know why MMA Junkie thought this was UFC 120 and not Bellator 120)

quote:

“This Russian called me out, and I think he made a big mistake,” Ortiz said. “He was counting his chickens before they hatched, and this is a man that’s neither a chicken nor an egg – and I’m going to smash him like an egg.”

What a beguiling turn of phrase. The man has a gift.

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/05/bellator-120s-tito-ortiz-im-ready-for-15-minutes-of-hell

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

doverhog posted:

How good is Shlemenko? Not that it takes much to beat Tito. I barely ever watch Bellator but might this time.

It's hard to say how good he really is considering the competition he's fought. He lost to Jacare, Lombard, and Pele, though most of those were a while ago. His striking is decent, though he occasionally gets himself into trouble with some of the flashier spinning poo poo (also how he gets a lot of his finishes though). He's definitely good enough to beat 2014 Tito, even if he is undersized. I wanna see Tito get hurt to the body a la the little Nog and Rashad fights, but Shlemenko getting wrestled would be funny too.

Wise Learned Man fucked around with this message at 17:47 on May 17, 2014

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

attackmole posted:

So there's a Dagestan kickboxer named Shahbulat Shamhalaev fighting on the undercard. I'm suddenly 10x more interested in the card. Still probably just gonna steal it though.

I always mix him up with "Frodo" Khasbulaev, but they are both pretty fun (by Bellator standards, anyway). Niether of them have fought in more than 13 months, which is making it harder for me to remember which is which.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

attackmole posted:

Really I'm just impressed by the alliteration in his name. I hope him and God Shammgod make a gay couple.

Plus, the way Bellator's crappy ring announcer sounds, it comes out as something like "Shamalan Shamalama."

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Ariza posted:

Where's the weird stalker guy? Prindle turns as red as that horrifying polish monster so JT has a good chance here. I'd love if he became the Bellator champ.

WillieD is probably hyperventilating with his head between his knees right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

LobsterMobster posted:

Let's never forget the good times with the NYBA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ySacWdoA9g

I think you meant to post this:

:nws: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9020zIqwdM :nws:

• Locked thread