Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

John Romero posted:

anyone going to this bull poo poo friday night? i am sitting in the lower area, idk if its the floor or not

I keep thinking about it, but paying for those fights fills me with dread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I know how he lost, but how did Mousasi lose to this man?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Labored Wooting posted:

I'm glad that Bjorn Rebney is following the path blazed by Dixie Carter by advertising himself in the main event of the show with a "major announcement".

Having a PPV that will lose millions is huge news.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

PaganGoatPants posted:

I do enjoy these crappy TD attempts.

I enjoy the Aldo school of TD defense.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Did Mo knee him in the dick?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I don't know if it would be funnier for Mo to win or lose that one.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

fatherdog posted:

This fight could easily be a split decision with scores all over the board, because both guys did almost nothing in every round which makes it hard to pick a winner other than "not the viewers"

Judge Cecil People scores this fight 29-28 for the viewers.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I thought Zayats won the first and third but who gives a gently caress.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Stimulus posted:

The only thing that can redeem this night now is a Rampage loss by ko

Rampage having to wrestle a middleweight kickboxer to a horrible decision is my hope. Bonus points if his post fight promo talks about wanting to stand and bang.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

BigDanRTW posted:

I've never been to a live MMA card and since Mohegan is the closest venue to host a card near me anytime soon I considered going. I am so glad I didn't end up going.

I went to a Bellator show there a few years ago and I was thinking of going since it was a great value, but yeah, I'm glad I stayed home to watch MMA for free all night.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Rampage is getting outwrestled by the worst wrestler in the world.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

fatherdog posted:

Rampage/Mo is going to be so bad, y'all.

It couldn't be worse than we imagine it will be, right?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Bellator ended up with 880,000 viewers, peaked at 1.1 million for the Rampage fight. So they were barely above their average for last season.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The guy who lost to a sub WSOF caliber bantamweight is one of MMA's most dangerous champions.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I think Mo might be tired.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The last 30 seconds of that round, art.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Beautiful.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Marching Powder posted:

can someone transcribe this for someone who is unable to watch atm?

In theory it was an arm triangle, in reality Mo put his arm pit over a guy's face until he tapped out.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Jesus Dan, stop that after he crumples to the ground like that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I've heard of walking into a punch I've never seen someone crawling into a submission like that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bubba Smith posted:

Because his last fight was one of the worst I've ever seen and the Newton fights before that were bad too. King Mo is a bust and Rampage would draw against anybody, so Bellator could save money & give Rampage a better fight.

Bjorn badly wanted Rampage vs Mo on PPV, that's why he set this up that way and had the silly confrontation in the cage pre-arranged. He doesn't care if the fights are good or not or if anyone cares about Mo. He thinks Mo is some huge star and that the Rampage fight is a dream fight.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Fentry posted:

Great fight, glad Curran pulled it out at the end because there's no way the judges scores on that fight would have made any sense

You were right! Meltzer posted the scorecards:

quote:

Pat Curran regained the Bellator featherweight title via choke over Daniel Straus with :14 left in the fifth round on tonight's show from Hammond, IN.

Going into the fifth round, the scores were even. It appeared from watching that Straus had won three of the first four rounds, but a couple of rounds were close. The scores were actually 39-37 Straus, 39-37 Curran and 38-38 even going into the fifth round. Given that Curran was clearly winning the fifth, even if he hadn't finished Straus he would have captured the title via decision. While watching it, it came acorss that Straus would have won the decision unless Curran got a fifth round finish.

I thought Curran had lost 3 rounds at that point but expected him to win a decision.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Fentry posted:

So far this fight stinks and I don't see that changing in the next three rounds

And we can see the winner fight either King Mo or Rampage Jackson!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Come on ref, stand him up from the back!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Aw, it seemed like we were so close to a legendarily bad stand up too.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I'm glad I tuned in for the last 10 minutes.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
That man is really a champion now.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

-Atom- posted:

So what's the over/under on Tito pulling out two weeks prior to the pay-per-view date?

I'm hoping for a TNA style swerve with Chandler pulling out.

The over/under is -210.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

quote:

That said, Bellator has proven that they are a respectable promotion and suggesting or assuming that they would work a fight is an irresponsible claim to make.

citation needed

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
That's one way to escape mount, just lift the tiny man off your chest.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I always find it hard to care about Joe Warren's fights because I've never really liked him since that fake tap in Japan but I don't want to see him get murdered because with the beatings he takes it might be literal. This seems like a good fight, but I don't care.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Being the interim champion in a Bellator division where the champion lost during his reign to a dude in WSOF has to be a lower honor than DREAM Interim Heavyweight champion.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

maffew buildings posted:

he's right nothing is lower than dream interim heavyweight champ

Todd The Dairy Queen Duffee at least made weight for that fight.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Cooper is out of his fight with a back injury, he says he'll be ready to go in July.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LobsterMobster posted:

Better than Bellator's previous effort of putting on a fight that would have been good in 2005 of Rampage vs Tito

Funny, Tito was in TNA back in 2005 too.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

Has anyone seen any kind of advertising for their ppv? It's next Saturday and I haven't seen a single thing outside of a few news stories at the usual places. I figured I'd see a commercial or something.

I've only seen the Dave and Buster's ad. To another rematch.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bubba Smith posted:

I've seen ads on the forums for the PPV. That's gotta be buying a whole 1 buy.

Jones vs Teixeira just did 350k buys. There's no way anybody who isn't a hardcore fan of MMA is buying a B-league PPV right now so I think not spending a lot on commercials and such was the smart thing to do. The smarter thing would have been to never do PPV in the first place, but the horse is already out of the barn

I'll give Bellator this, this is the first PPV in ages where I've actually been curious to see what kind of business it does. Meaning whether it will be bad or really bad.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

fatherdog posted:

So apparently Mo's training at ATT now and sparring with Glover. Rampage is training with "his team", which apparently includes Mayhem.

Is there a more perfect training partner for Rampage? Hell, there may be no more perfect life partner.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Don't forget that Patricky "Freire" Putbull is off the card too, so two of the matches you would expect to be good are off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bubba Smith posted:

Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani 1m
Rebney says the PPV card is "as good as it gets."

Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani 13m
Rebney: it's remaining on PPV because it's a PPV-worthy card. It's a must-see event. We've gone from utterly spectacular to spectacular.

Do fight promoters practice lying like this?

If he did he'd come up with a good lie.

• Locked thread