Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Come on King Mo, I know you have it in you to lose this decision

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Boooooooooo

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

that was a sweet takedown

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

It's official. May 17th for the first Bellator PPV (for real this time), and Chander vs Alvarez 3 and King Mo vs Rampage are already booked. If someone gets injured, I'm going to laugh my balls off.

I think Bjorn Rebney is hoping that King Mo does get injured so they can replace him with anybody else.

As much as I would enjoy the disaster of seeing Chandler vs Alvarez III get called off, I want both of those guys to get their biggest payday and for Eddie to leave and make it to UFC, so I wouldn't laugh like I did for Tito vs Rampage falling apart.

But man that PPV is going to be a disaster, it's sandwiched between a Floyd Mayweather PPV & UFC 173.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Because his last fight was one of the worst I've ever seen and the Newton fights before that were bad too. King Mo is a bust and Rampage would draw against anybody, so Bellator could save money & give Rampage a better fight.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

I find it extremely hosed up that Daniel Straus cut his hair for his fight tomorrow against Curran. Fight should be postponed until his hair grows back, imo.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Bellator owns

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

UFC should offer Renan Barao vs TJ Dillashaw in exchange for Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler, since promotions are just trading bouts now.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

that fight was exhilarating

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

I've seen ads on the forums for the PPV. That's gotta be buying a whole 1 buy.

Jones vs Teixeira just did 350k buys. There's no way anybody who isn't a hardcore fan of MMA is buying a B-league PPV right now so I think not spending a lot on commercials and such was the smart thing to do. The smarter thing would have been to never do PPV in the first place, but the horse is already out of the barn

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Jeeesh, there's no way in MMA hell that two first Bellator PPVs get their main events cancelled. Come on.

For what it's worth sherdog has a headline saying the fight is Will Brooks vs Michael Chandler now.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

cesar milan found innovative ways of avenging his dog through the dark art of voodoo. bellator will never hold a ppv.

nor should they. This card was weaker than last year's attempt and forces still stopped it from going off without a hitch. Bellator can't even keep a bad PPV card intact.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

they can't possibly hope to still have people pay for it

oh but of course they do

Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani 54s
Rebney announces that Chandler will fight Will Brooks for the interim belt. Card remains a PPV.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani 1m
Rebney says the PPV card is "as good as it gets."

Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani 13m
Rebney: it's remaining on PPV because it's a PPV-worthy card. It's a must-see event. We've gone from utterly spectacular to spectacular.

Do fight promoters practice lying like this?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

fatherdog posted:

Can you imagine what that card is going to look like

On one hand I think they would put on their biggest card yet, but on the other hand Viacom would lose less money putting Rampage/Kongo/Curran/Warren on separate free TV cards and that would minimize the big hit on the contractually PPV obligated Alvarez fight.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Mayhem would fit this circus Bellator well I think.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Captain Log posted:

I need a breakdown of what's happening here.

I can't process it.

What you are seeing is a Jon Fitch temporal image of Tito Ortiz never shutting up. He's oblivious to his surroundings as he gazes into the distance and persistently talks. And talks. And talks. Luke Thomas looks at you, petrified, unable to stop what is happening but draws satisfaction by trapping you as well in Tito Ortiz's Never Ending Bullshit.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

is the audio weird

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

this is but just a taste of the technical nightmare that will be tomorrow's PPV

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

These are the longest weigh-ins I've ever seen. They're doing promos before each main card fight, and short interviews with each fighter after they step off the scale.

Yeah, I see why UFC keeps this poo poo moving. Leave the interviews for after the weigh-ins. Most of these guys haven't had food & water in a day.

And holy poo poo speaking of long promos TITO ORTIZ IS STILL TALKING

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The weirdest thing about Bellator is how many interim title fights they're having. There's no way anybody there is keeping track of it.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

PPV has been delayed by 6 months, contrary to what Bellator tells you tonight

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

I wasn't aware Dagestani MMA fighters could lose

but I guess this is Bellator

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

that was a riveting Kongo fight

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

it begins

Bellator PPV

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

hope he wins just because of this walkout music

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Captain Log posted:

The talent drop off outside of UFC's HW division is steep.

the drop off inside of UFC's heavyweight division is steep too

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

One of the sponsors for this PPV was Punishment Athletics? Good lord.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Food Court Druid posted:

They keep trying to cut to commercial, but there are no commercials.

This is going to be shown on Spike and the reruns will make more money than the PPV, 100% guaranteed

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

why am I watching this

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Tito Ortiz is going to win

fight was a work

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

LobsterMobster posted:

this sport is retarded

and/or fixed, fixed so they can build an utterly spectacular super fight between Tito Ortiz and Rampage Jackson on PPV later this year

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

TheRationalRedditor posted:

you don't think schlemenko's defense was good?

his defense was brought to you by Punishment Athletics

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

guy in a jetta posted:

Holey poo poo I haven't even thought about B league MMA in months and now this is happening

you have missed nothing but the last Chandler/Alvarez fight, that was about it.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

I'll feel bad for Chandler if he loses this, I'll die laughing when Bellator must put on WIll Brooks vs Eddie Alvarez on PPV, contractually.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

something interesting almost happened

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

drat Brooks might win this

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Is it possible that Brooks is the best lightweight Bellator has? lmao

holy poo poo

ho-leee poo poo if that ends up happening.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

come on Will win this round back. I like Chandler a lot but he's been playing it safe the whole fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

oh come the gently caress on

• Locked thread