Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chrom1um
Dec 31, 2005
Come and join my doomsday cult!

Yuriy posted:

bellator cut like 20 people as scott coker's first act but really it doesnt matter since the only funny/fun to watch ones were eric prindle and anthony leone

I can't be certain, but I imagine the major business decisions (at least cutting a huge bunch of dudes at once) would be mostly Spike TV and not Coker. In fact it's not clear if Coker is going to be much more than hypeman. I hope they let him make important decisions, but they certainly don't have to.

By the way, this leaves Bellator with just 11 Bantamweights. Their second smallest division is Middleweight with 18. I wouldn't surprised if Bantamweight was being slowly phased out, particularly if Warren fails to capture the belt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chrom1um
Dec 31, 2005
Come and join my doomsday cult!
Got bored. Wrote down all the people Bellator currently owes title shots too, in order of who has chronological priority:

BW: Joe Warren (Interim Champion)

FW: Frodo Khasbulaev (visa issues have prevented him from returning to the U.S.)
FW: Patricio Pitbull (fighting at Bellator 123)
FW: Daniel Strauss
FW: Daniel Weichel

LW: Will Brooks (Interim Champion)
LW: Marcin Held
LW: Patricky Pitbull (arguably owed a Title Eliminator)

WW: Andrey Koreshkov

MW: Brandon Halsey

LHW: Rampage Jackson (training partners with the Champion)
LHW: winner of Liam McGeary vs Kelly Amundson

HW: Alexander Volkov

So, 11½ title shots owed, one scheduled at the moment.

• Locked thread