Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Isn't Wrestlemania 25 terrible outside of the Undertaker match and maybe MITB?

Yeah, it's pretty lovely. HHH / Orton was a mess, Edge / Big Show / Cena was an even bigger clusterfuck, and it had Santino winning the Miss WrestleMania battle royal.

Oh, and Jericho beating up Snuka's corpse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Batista posted:

Tonight at 8:00 PM EST is the Network stream debut of Wrestlemania 25! Never seen the full event, so I'll be watching this for sure.

That's a weird-rear end WrestleMania. Decent Money in the Bank match, Santino in the Divas Battle Royal, Steamboat revealing he could still go against Jericho (preceded by Jericho awkwardly pounding on Snuka's corpse), HBK / Undertaker I and then two gigantic shitpiles of main events.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Static Rook posted:

I've never seen it, but just from looking up the Wikipedia the Taker/HBK match seems like a good place to stop.

That's a pretty safe bet. The three-way WHC match is pretty much a mess, and Orton / HHH is just so, so, so loving bad.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

SaberToothedPie posted:

Steamboat could still go. :aaa:

Of course, WWE had to run it into the ground and actually put him in a match with Jericho at Backlash.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

TheJoker138 posted:

Also, Cena has been around for nearly 10 years now, they could probably make a decent documentary about his rise into the business.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

fatherdog posted:

Am I seriously watching Cena get introduced by a gospel choir with voiceover from DMX. Is this a thing that happened in the real world.

It did.

The year before, an Air Force honor guard played him to the ring.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I hadn't seen Mania 27 since it first aired, so I had totally forgotten the ending to the main event. Good Lord, Miz was completely asleep at the wheel with that countout spot, I'm surprised he was even able to get back to the ring for the restart.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He was concussed, cut the guy some slack.

I'm aware of that, merely pointing out that I had forgotten how concussed he had been.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I'm pretty sure we saw a major cause of Bryan's neck issues in that SummerSlam match. Jesus, that spot when Cena drops him to the mat on his neck.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

fatherdog posted:

My impression was that they did, then they got ccold feeet about it when the next few ppvs sold poorly, then their backup plan blew up and they had to go back to Bryan for Wrestlemania.

As I recall, Cena was going to go out for elbow and triceps surgery, which is the only reason Bryan won. Then Cena rehabbed early, as he always does, so then Bryan went away for a while and I'm pretty sure the Orton / Cena title unification match was accelerated to TLC instead of WrestleMania (I have to believe that was the original plan for WM30). Bryan only came back into the picture after Pittsburgh completely shat all over the Royal Rumble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Anyone else's stream being a little choppy? Not major, just the occasional pause?

Yeah, I've been trying on Xbox 360 and my laptop, with no other streaming going on in the apartment, and I'm getting pauses every few minutes.

• Locked thread