Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Forer posted:

I should probably remember to post here!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.

You are a beautiful person and I'm speechless

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx

edit:

diamond dog fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Apr 8, 2014

Fuck them
Jan 21, 2011

and their bullshit
:yotj:
Please tell me what wonderful game that is.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

This thread is for glitches, not working as intended screenshots.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
Is the character supposed to be a chef? Burger Time 3D?

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx
It's Gunscape. She's meant to look like a normal chef lady; I don't have a screenshot handy but she's right at the start of this video.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
Wow looks like a lot of fun. Somehow the minimal pixelated environments make it intriguing.

Enos Shenk
Nov 3, 2011

One of my favorites, a car game I was making. I had some logic to break pieces off the car by scaling bones on the car to 0 and spawning a duplicate physics-enabled prop. It was executing in the every frame loop and I forgot to make a flag to let it only happen once.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7kUAHhXrIk

UDK Vehicle setup is so wonky you get about a day of this every time you try to make one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9z3O3wC3Vc

And a very old one from when I was modding Skyrim. I was trying to find a way to create a blackjack weapon that would ragdoll and disable struck targets without killing them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjp6MX-tojo

Foiltha
Jun 12, 2008

I'm experimenting with ray marching fractal terrain. Apparently my sky rendering function is on acid :buddy:

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Foiltha posted:

I'm experimenting with ray marching fractal terrain. Apparently my sky rendering function is on acid :buddy:

That's not a glitch, that's an art style.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction
My topojson geometry simplification was slightly overaggressive

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Factor Mystic posted:

My topojson geometry simplification was slightly overaggressive

Florida doesn't exist, a good map.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
This is actually a PEBKAC problem on my end, but it amused the hell out of me. My company provides a recommendation service for online stores; you're looking at a shirt, might we recommend a better shirt or some nice pants? Without diving too deeply into my amazing code, every client gets some credentials so we can verify they're legit and determine which catalog to pull recommendations from. Well, once a couple years ago I got flustered and accidentally gave a site specializing in men's skin care the credentials for a sex toy shop. For the few minutes it was up people browsing sake-infused skin cream or 3pc shaving sets were told that they might possibly like enormous dildos or his'n'hers vibrators. Quickly and easily fixed, but rather worrisome for a minute there.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

From an old class project involving randomly generated Mario levels. I might have hosed up the enemy spawn trigger.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Looks about on-par for most romhacks.

Bizarro Buddha
Feb 11, 2007

SharpenedSpoonv2
Aug 28, 2008
In trying to make a very simple Geometry Wars clone in between 'good'/original ideas, I wanted to make enemies tilt towards their direction of travel. Turns out making 3D things rotate in 3D, but move in 2D is hard :V

SharpenedSpoonv2 fucked around with this message at 05:30 on May 22, 2014

Jewel
May 2, 2009

SharpenedSpoonv2 posted:

In trying to make a very simple Geometry Wars clone in between 'good'/original ideas, I wanted to make enemies tilt towards their direction of travel. Turns out making 3D things rotate in 3D, but move in 2D is hard :V

If you didn't work it out yet, I'm thinking this comes from translation then rotation. Try rotation then translation. You'll be rotating around the origin, so if you translate first the origin is far away, leading to the orbiting effect!

Noteworthy scenery
Jan 9, 2007
I've recently been learning about computer graphics and transformation matrices and such at college.
This is supposed to be a teddy bear:

(it happened because there was an int where a float should have been)

Noteworthy scenery fucked around with this message at 09:45 on May 23, 2014

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Balkan Spy posted:

I've recently been learning about computer graphics and transformation matrices and such at collage.
This is supposed to be a teddy bear:

(it happened because there was an int where a float should have been)

This is why graphics programming is a pain in the rear end magical :)

SharpenedSpoonv2
Aug 28, 2008

Jewel posted:

If you didn't work it out yet, I'm thinking this comes from translation then rotation. Try rotation then translation. You'll be rotating around the origin, so if you translate first the origin is far away, leading to the orbiting effect!

Thanks - I had fixed it right after taking those gifs. It was actually due to (mis)use of built in Unity utility functions for LookAt, as well as applying rotation to the wrong parent or child object. For the record, I did get it eventually! :)

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Punching enemies makes copies of them for some reason...

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Shoehead posted:

Punching enemies makes copies of them for some reason...

This is where features come from. That's great.

Woodsy Owl
Oct 27, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

This is why graphics programming is a pain in the rear end magical :)

Type safety.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

lord funk posted:

This is where features come from. That's great.

I break things often, and spectacularly

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Shoehead posted:

I break things often, and spectacularly

Mirror-enemy!

Sad Mammal
Feb 5, 2008

You see me laughin
Just name the guy Clone Babby and call it a day.

shs
Feb 14, 2012
I must return to my home planet.

It turns out that when I was giving enemies a random position to move to, I was giving them a random height as well.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Just made this one yesterday. Looks like some sort of dream world

thetroof
Jul 4, 2010

I think we got something here
This one is years old, but fits the thread. I was trying to display some images in a software rasterizer (2D at the time I think), and did some math wrong, and these happened. Each of them is a different pattern that would appear at different distinct degrees of rotation.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Crossposting from the SAGDC thread:

Allowing Angular velocity was a terrible mistake.

Newf
Feb 14, 2006
I appreciate hacky sack on a much deeper level than you.
This thread makes me wish I knew what the gently caress version control was when I did that one graphics course. Unfortunately all I have left to show from it is polished gems.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Everything I saved from graphics class was great.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

I like how at first that looks like Suzanne but ends up being Beethoven

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Mo_Steel posted:

Crossposting from the SAGDC thread:

Allowing Angular velocity was a terrible mistake.

I always knew Exciteturtle would destroy the world.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

baka kaba posted:

I like how at first that looks like Suzanne but ends up being Beethoven

I thought it was one of the Daft Punk guys.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Newf posted:

This thread makes me wish I knew what the gently caress version control was when I did that one graphics course. Unfortunately all I have left to show from it is polished gems.

I knew what version control was but I was too lazy/stupid to use it for most of my college courses. I do regret it now though for the exact same reason. I know one of my 3D renderers had a big bug with rotation where objects' vertices would slowly be warped and transformed around if you kept doing successive rotations in the same direction, instead of back and forth. There were some good results.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I just try to make a habit of saving a copy if something hilarious happens. Like from last year's SAGDC:

http://xzzy.org/files/games/sagdc2013/handTest/handTest.html

(a/w/e/r/space are the controls, hold R for comedy)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bert of the Forest
Apr 27, 2013

Shucks folks, I'm speechless. Hawf Hawf Hawf!
Fantastic idea for a thread; bugs are beautiful.

EDIT:

And in no time at all, a fresh one appears:

Good enough for Steam, me thinks.

Bert of the Forest fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jul 26, 2014

• Locked thread