Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

baka kaba posted:

I like how at first that looks like Suzanne but ends up being Beethoven

I thought it was one of the Daft Punk guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Hooray for corrupted vertex calculations! What happened, did you invert your animation transformations or something?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Shoehead posted:

I...broke something...

Looks to me like Skull Head Dude's position pointer is getting copied and used by some other aspect of the program. Either that or you have very specific memory corruption. Funky either way though.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
I decided to dive back into Blender and re-learn how to do animations.

How do armatures work again? Probably not like this. :v:

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

blastron posted:

Alright, got Blender export working, model conversion and import works as intended, asset pipeline works, let's throw this bad boy in:

Today is going to be a long day.

At a guess, the normals on all of your faces are backwards, so you're actually seeing through the model to the opposite face.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Stinky_Pete posted:

Anyway, I made a ton of progress yesterday, but lost some time with this little lesson in the order of operations:
code:
lcd_bufbase = (uchar*) &lcd_bufptr[0];

For me it's gotten to the point where I have zero trust for my understanding of what the order of operations is in any given language, and so I always enforce it with lots of parentheses. Sure they may be redundant in some cases, but order of operations bugs can be hellish to trace down. If an extra two characters can save me an hour of debugging, man, that's so worth it.

Do you have simulated cockpits to do basic testing on?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Stinky_Pete posted:

No shake machines, if that's what you're asking, but we're using Xplane and I believe its SDK to substitute in our own autopilot/flight director (which I finished implementing from a savant-like mech eng's design, we're talking hundred of diagrams, a few months ago) to test it. We also have a portable setup with a throttle stick and all the buttons for pilot controls. The CEO's son has a pilot's license and has been working on that end.

I meant some kind of software-only (or minimal-hardware) setup that would give you a simulation of what the plane is doing so you can test your software against realistic inputs and outputs without actually having to go up in the air. And it sounds like you do, so cool!

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Someone should write a videogame that's based on all the weird glitches you can get from improperly-set-up rendering pipelines. The only problem is that it'd start with a completely black screen and no indication of what you need to do to fix it.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

...is that a horse using a sphere collider and rolling around the terrain? :stare:

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Takanago posted:

I gave health bars to enemies, but this guy just wanted to do his own thing.

Looks good to me.

Also, you should replace his spinning sprite with a spinning photo of the Moon.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Mercury_Storm posted:

I did it, I "fixed" aiming!

Man, he is shredding. I didn't know you could play the chainsaw.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
Looks good to me. A ghost possesses one of the players, runs around for a bit trying to figure out how limbs work, gives up, and then tries and gives up on four other guys in rapid succession, while everyone else just stares blankly and tries to pretend everything is normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
Neat. Reminds me of trying to unpack camera pixel data and getting the image width / stride wrong. Like, if you think the image is 630 pixels per row, but it's actually 639 pixels, plus 1 pixel's worth of dummy data / zeros on the end to make it come out even.

• Locked thread