Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Re-scaling an imported thing after messing with bones makes for interesting models.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Factor Mystic posted:

My topojson geometry simplification was slightly overaggressive

Florida doesn't exist, a good map.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

If you add sprites to an existing atlas, unity doesn't give a flying gently caress about your animations and will start throwing random sprites all over the loving place.

It's going to take me all night to fix about 50 animations.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Yodzilla posted:

Wait are you using TexturePacker or Unity's built-in atlas generator? I've never seen that with the TexurePacker route unless maybe if you re-use sprite names in an atlas and replace old ones.

e: whoops just saw your post in the other thread

I haven't tried TexturePacker yet because I don't want to go through the extra step of figuring out how their imports work in Unity. Is there an easy workflow you know? Unity's built in stuff has been good enough until this.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

DaVideo posted:

I wrote a simple .obj loader and I mixed up the normals and the texture coordinates (it's supposed to be a cube)

Congrats on your glitchy indie game breakout hit! Seriously, you should keep that loader on the side for something interesting one day.

• Locked thread