Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
This is from 2011, and still working on this game. Something caused an offset to the tile atlas putting the wrong tiles in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

TomR posted:

More horses.

The head actually makes for a good Anteater's head.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
Is the character supposed to be a chef? Burger Time 3D?

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
Wow looks like a lot of fun. Somehow the minimal pixelated environments make it intriguing.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

wayfinder posted:

I'm making this little platformer, right? So I was creating a walk cycle for a character, and I added a null object to control the angle of the lower body to orient it according to the ground normal. But I accidentally set the null's texture not to null, but to the arm texture instead.

The result:

"I'm sorry, but your son is suffering from Little Donnie disease. He has a penis the size of a horses."

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
ekuNNN, any explanation behind those giant floating eyes? :ohdear:

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Looks to me like Skull Head Dude's position pointer is getting copied and used by some other aspect of the program. Either that or you have very specific memory corruption. Funky either way though.

This happened in a game I've been developing, and the seaweed starting behaving like an enemy. It was freaky.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

The Laplace Demon posted:

Thanks! Here it is with sleepers added the way you were describing.

Exactly! The boards on the track don't need to be skewed or scaled in any way, just translate their position.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Shoehead posted:

I broke spawning. (Yes that number in the corner is the number of mobs)

This game is finished.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
My 2D vector water test gone horribly wrong:

A point is chosen as if something struck the water at a certain speed. The waves propagate, but feedback on themselves at greater and greater magnitudes.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

wayfinder posted:

I should clear my screenspace emissive map better :3

It's like the ghosts are giving me the finger!

It's weird. It's like a rectangular area clears out what's drawn earlier, but on the way down it keeps what was there the frame previously. What is actually going on?

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Jewel posted:

I'm guessing it clears where you currently are not where you last were which means on the way down it leaves a trail.

Oh, duh. It was making me think it was tied to jumping or not.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
I know it's probably shameful to post gifs that were taken from videos of my screen, but I'm lazy I guess and it's running on an iPad:

I got the waves and propagation right, but when attempting to fill it instead of using lines, it looked really glitchy and found that I couldn't create concave fills, so I had to break it down into smaller convex polygons. Before using fills, it was best to see what it was doing using lines. As you can see, something was screwy.

I've since fixed it for the most part. :)

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Pi Mu Rho posted:

Homing missiles don't work that way.

http://i.imgur.com/6EcEqcA.gifv

I really like those bright wall graphics in the beginning. I have no idea what the gameplay is like in this, but looks cool. :)

Do you have timers on those missiles so they can finally blow themselves up if they don't hit anything? Because you probably should.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

I was going to guess you're passing the relative angle in degrees, when it should be radians, but it keeps on spinning when your mouse is still!

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
Man, that water thing has come a long way. I finally nailed it down and looks pretty good, and there's a ton of options you can play around with. However, I don't have a lightning bolt connector on my iPad 2, so I'll have to capture it with an HDMI connector or something. I'm in a video suite, so they'll figure it out. :)

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Looks to be some Katamari Damacy style bullfighting game.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

DStecks posted:

I feel like dramatic music should be playing.

Except it gets louder and louder and more distorted.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

The Symbol at posted:

This is what happened when I tried to learn Rootmotion FinalIK and Puppetmaster.

https://zippy.gfycat.com/NarrowDecisiveCapybara.webm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9zFzCl7hKk

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
I think this baddy wasn't expecting this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaR4UuMr7-I

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Jo posted:

I like libGDX. I really do, but the fact that the default behavior of their Vector and Matrix library is _IN PLACE MODIFICATION_ drives me loving insane.

bez = foo.scl(0.1) means both bez AND foo are now 0.1*foo. :cripes: :suicide:

That's the worst when you're working on something for a long time, and you don't know it's affecting something else the entire time just because of your viewing angle when you test it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
So it’s running 10 screens in a single Chrome instance on one window? If it’s not too complicated to explain, how does it split off 10 of those from one window to different monitors? I’m guessing it’s a program to specify each bounds of a screen on the window.

• Locked thread