Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

I hated the new Stupid Newbie avatar so much that I bought a new one for this user. Congrats, Lowtax.
Great to see Knight of Lodis get LPed! It was my first game in the Tactics Ogre series as well. Looper, I like the way your commentary is informative in a very casual way. I think it's a good writing style for introducing the game. Though, explaining things like Biorhythm might require more depth.

On a related note, Yasumi Matsuno's working on a new game Unsung Story which just got Kickstarted successfully. I backed to participate in a design capacity, so I'll definitely be watching the thread to see what people like/don't like!

Canonical Birthday: Tierra 22
Answers: Truth, Freedom, Wisdom, Purity, Mercy, Peace

CatsPajamas fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Feb 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

I hated the new Stupid Newbie avatar so much that I bought a new one for this user. Congrats, Lowtax.
Deneb! What an unusual name. I have no idea where this is going! :angel:

Looper, good job with the LP so far. I like that you're able to give a lightweight but good explanation of the mechanics. Glad to hear you're going to prefer different classes too; hope you'll be able to show off some interesting things. Instead of submitting a character, I ask that you use non-humans when you can!

Looking forward to the rest of the LP!

CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

TARDISman posted:

After a while though Knights really start getting outclassed by some of the male only physical classes. Female characters get a little hosed in Knight of Lodis since they have 1 or 2 decent magic classes compared to the 3 or so physical heavy male only classes who are absolute monsters.

Hoping that stats won't count as spoilers here, but from the documentation I've seen Knights actually have basically the best physically oriented stat growth in the game. Other classes might have better skills, movement and equipment so you'd want to use them for fights, but for leveling up physical characters Knight is almost always the way to go.

Looper, thanks for following through with using Goon characters already! Looking forward to hearing what you have to say about all the different classes/units. Think you'd want to show off each Goons' fortune when you hire them, or would that be too depressing?

CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

Option B! I agree with the point that Shinji117 made.

Lotish posted:

Uuuuuuuh... B!

While Cybil is really shady, I always felt the confrontation between Rictor and Merc here was a little...extreme. Rictor comes across as unreasonably offended and Merc does a pretty bad job of making his case. It makes everyone look bad.

Tallgeese wrote a good point regarding how Matsuno uses the stories he writes to enforce his viewpoint, which unfortunately can become a detriment when its more about the viewpoint than the story. Hope it's not spoilers, but we'll see similarly unreasonable behavior behavior in the future.

• Locked thread