Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
KU being halfway okay at football (this was in 2007 :lol:) factored slightly in me attending. I mean, even more so because of the basketball team, but yeah, I was one of those kids where sports was a factor into where he applied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Henchman of Santa posted:

How do you spend 12 years hoping to go somewhere and then not even apply because you have to write multiple essays?

as evidenced by my desire to only write one essay, my views on education had changed much since elementary school.

I ended up applying to 6 schools, and chose all of them because they had D-1 football teams. 4 were MAC and one was C-USA, so I'm pretty sure I'm an idiot anyway

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jul 22, 2014

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Probably Magic posted:

KU being halfway okay at football (this was in 2007 :lol:) factored slightly in me attending. I mean, even more so because of the basketball team, but yeah, I was one of those kids where sports was a factor into where he applied.

I hadn't seen a TTU football game until after I had decided to attend. First game I attended was UT in Austin pasting us in Mike's first year.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
During the Ravens@Broncos 2012 Divisional game I went to the bathroom just before Justin Tucker's game winning field goal. Despite concluding my piss I stayed in their until I was sure the kick was over because I couldn't stand the idea of seeing him miss it after the Cundiff fiasco from the year before.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

The Puppy Bowl posted:

During the Ravens@Broncos 2012 Divisional game I went to the bathroom just before Justin Tucker's game winning field goal. Despite concluding my piss I stayed in their until I was sure the kick was over because I couldn't stand the idea of seeing him miss it after the Cundiff fiasco from the year before.

Week 3 Pats-Ravens 2012. My roommate wasn't a big football fan at all but because I'm a total nerd he knew about the Cundiff miss and how much I hated watching the Ravens get beat by the Pats. Tucker's kick looked like he shanked it at first, and it just got real quiet for a few seconds because we both thought the same poo poo just happened.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Obama is the fact that you became a Vikings fan because of a running back being run into the ground on a mediocre team with a noodle armed quarterback ironic to you at all?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
there's a reason i've spent the last 3 years actively rooting for them to lose

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Obama Yo Mama posted:

there's a reason i've spent the last 3 years actively rooting for them to lose

At least you got to see the most exciting moment in team history, when the Metrodome roof collapsed.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I listened to every episode of six separate football podcasts this offseason.

Don't judge me, I have a really long commute.

Rich Eisen, Dave Dameshek, Ross Tucker, ATL, College Football Podcast (pre draft), Inside the Jungle (lovely Bengals podcast)
VVVV

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Jul 22, 2014

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
What six podcasts he asks because he only has found three he likes.

And my day is all commute so I need these to replace human interaction.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I grew up kind of half-cheered Ohio State during the 2000's because their teams were kind of fun to see play every week (2002-2006 era).

Then I went to Kent State, and my ties weakened. (To me if you attend a FBS institution, that by default becomes your number 1 team for life).

Then I started to realize how annoying it got to hear Ohio State fans acted like I committed some sort of sin by favoring Purdue over my home state team. (Apparently having family that attended Purdue and grew up in Lafayette wasn't a good enough reason, yet Michigan fans would routinely receive no flack at all).

Then I started to realize how annoying Ohio State fans were when 70% of them had no connection to them outside of the fact that there's where their drivers license was issued.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Schwack posted:

That's something like double face value, ouch. Holla if you want some sweet rear end pre-season tickets, I cant be bothered to drive up there from Corvallis for those.

give me the tickets tyia

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I own a Brian Brohm Packers jersey.
It was 15 bucks and I thought it'd be funny.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Eifert Posting posted:

I listened to every episode of six separate football podcasts this offseason.

Don't judge me, I have a really long commute.

Rich Eisen, Dave Dameshek, Ross Tucker, ATL, College Football Podcast (pre draft), Inside the Jungle (lovely Bengals podcast)
VVVV

drat. Nothing new. I already ousted Dameshek & listen to ATL, Ross Tucker & Rich Eisen.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Spoeank posted:

drat. Nothing new. I already ousted Dameshek & listen to ATL, Ross Tucker & Rich Eisen.

I admit to watching Dameshek's Shame Report every week during the regular season.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I think Harbaugh should've tried bringing in Alex Smith after Kaep threw that interception in the Super Bowl.

I also think I've developed some sort of bizarre mancrush on Alex Smith. Help me.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
It's like Mourningview and Kawalimus, it started off as a way to troll unhappy Chiefs/Ravens fans but somewhere along the line it became real.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Have you seen him post about birds??? It's adorable.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

MourningView posted:

Have you seen him post about birds??? It's adorable.

Has anyone asked him his opinion about the new Vikings' stadium being a giant deathtrap for birds?

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

When Kawalimus finds some rare bird in the morning the Ravens usually win. He was on fire during the 2012 postseason. I think it was the painted bunting the put us over the top.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Pops Mgee posted:

One time I saw a dude in a panthers David Carr jersey. Honest to god I didn't know they even bothered making any for anyone besides Carr.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Poor painted bunting. must have been such high living in the 90s.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Pops Mgee posted:

That kicks rear end.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I thought Josh Freeman would work out for someone somewhere, eventually. I no longer trust my opinions on anything. Last night I stood in the produce section of the grocery store for 2 hours holding a yellow pepper and a red pepper deciding what I wanted for dinner until they kicked me out.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
So which pepper did you end up with?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Neither, they kicked him out before he could decide

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Yeah, a clerk asked if I'd please leave and if next time I'd wear pants because my long penis was frightening other customers

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I bought tickets to the 4th preseason game :negative:

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I genuinely thought Brandon Weeden was going to be a good quarterback during and even after his first season.

I also have seriously thought the Browns were going to be good each season for the last 3 or so seasons. They have stayed roughly the same as far as results, but more people agree with me before each season so there's that I guess? :smithicide:

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

sweet thursday posted:

I thought Josh Freeman would work out for someone somewhere, eventually. I no longer trust my opinions on anything. Last night I stood in the produce section of the grocery store for 2 hours holding a yellow pepper and a red pepper deciding what I wanted for dinner until they kicked me out.

I thought this as well. Not that he would be good, but that he'd move on to a decent career as an average journeyman QB. I was a bit surprised by how bad he did when playing with the Vikings.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I always viewed Josh Freeman as the opposite side of Joe Flacco's coin. They have a similar build and play style plus their sophomore year's look the same except that Freeman threw half the interceptions Joe did.

The real difference seem to be that Joe had a few better bounces, improved his football IQ and grew his confidence while Freeman confidence and play withered away.

In my mind Freeman is the prime example of how important system, coaching, and success are to a developing player.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer
Wasn't there a few Viking's players saying that Freeman's work ethic was total poo poo? If true it would explain a lot about why his career never took off like it could have.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:

MourningView posted:

You like dumb gross football, stay out.

But I guess if you have to then like Alabama, Stanford, or Michigan State.

It's true, I love terrible football but I have no regrets. :)

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!
I didn't understand why we needed a new coach and QB when surely Dick and Hugh could turn it around.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
I was pretty bullish on Kevin Kolb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
I didn't really care about football that year and thus don't remember watching any of the actual game past halftime, but 18-1 pisses me off on more existential levels than just as a Patriots fan. That poo poo could have happened. 19-0, that blows my loving mind.

• Locked thread