Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Did Tony turn evil at some point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

A mid speech lunch break would have been super suspenseful though.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

My thoughts exactly. If only they could transplant that last line onto a page that isn't completely dumb in all other respects.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Spoiler tagged images don't work on mobile. Use links instead.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

I remember a series of panels (either one page or two) in which a group of antiheroes, including Deadpool and the Punisher, have teamed up. They were fighting a man who was using some power to make them feel joy. Everybody but Punisher was curled up on the ground laughing with delight after only a few steps, but Punisher slowly walked up to the guy and knocked him out of a window. It was really cool, and one of the very few Punisher moments I like. Does anybody have those panels?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

That's it. Thank you!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Norns posted:

You can do this with any comic story in history hth

Auugheah?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Can someone post the panels where Red Leader beats Mephisto by exploiting a loophole in his giant demon contract? I think it was Mephisto. It could also have been Cyttorak (?) but he doesn't seem like a contract kind of guy.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

DigitalRaven posted:

And of course his entire final fight with Resurrection Man belongs in this thread but may be too long, I dunno.

Do it!!!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Wow, this guy is awesome! I can't believe how awesome he is! Here's another reason why he's awesome! Here's another! Wow, just look at him!

(Pictured: Man walking slowly walking, bored people watching)

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Toshimo posted:

I mean, if it's not blindingly obvious from the gloves and ring, this is a boxing intro, of which there are many similar to this in real life. So, uh, yeah, I guess I forgot that this is the internet and liking things is awful and lame, but I guarantee if it was Ghost Rider entering the Grandmaster's coliseum to that intro, people would be falling all over themselves to tell me how :black101: it is.

If I bought a Ghost Rider comic and it had a full page panel with lots of speech bubbles talking about is great at killing evil people with flaming chain whips, but the panel itself was just Ghost Rider slowly walking somewhere, I would be furious.

Like, at that point why even make a comic book? Why not just write a story?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

With a sword.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Achernar posted:

Why doesn't Hulk just pick up Thor who's holding Mjolnir and hit people like that?
Hulk strength + Thor strength + Hammer Strength = KRAKADOOM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDRTPG7gvj0

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

That's a very cool sequence but I absolutely cannot parse what is happening in the last image.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Puppet mage is trying to puppet him. His stepping forward is pulling on the 'strings' and breaking puppet mages fingers as they get pulled back. Then he knees him in the face.

Yeah I got everything prior to the last panel. The imagery of him pulling on the strings so hard that the magician's fingers snap is very well executed (granted it seems like a marionette pulling on its strings would pull the puppeteer's fingers down rather than up, but doing it that way made the action clearer and more striking!) but it did not do a good job of communicating that he was also moving forward toward the magician. At least, I didn't get that. All I got was he was pulling on the strings, then all of a sudden he's right next to the guy and hitting him with an appendage that I couldn't quite make out but does indeed seem to be a knee.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Those panels are very bizarre and I feel like it might be striking if I understood some symbology that I'm missing, but for me it just comes off as disjointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

How many injustices do you ignore despite the fact you could do something about it but don’t

None, I spend 100% of my available time concerning myself with the world's great problems and working toward solving them (arguing about them on twitter).