Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Which genius gave Frank an Iron Man suit?

Also why hasn't Tony gone Armor Wars to get the suit back?

(Also please post more panels of Frank murdering people in his Murder Suit)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Supposedly Iron Fist S2 will be a lot better, as they got the fight choreographer from Black Panther doing it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yeah I don't know how they made a Ninjas Take Over The City With A Secret Apocalypse plot boring as hell, but they managed it

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Context - Jango Fett made the Clone Army. One of the clones ran away and started a family. Count Dooku paid Jango Fett to assassinate him, which he does. But not before a "Can you really kill yourself" confrontation. Connor Freeman is the son of the rogue clone. Boba Fett, due to reasons outlined in the comic, feels he owes him one.

The conflict reaches it's conclusion, Boba Fett having killed everyone, which leads to

Star Wars: Blood Ties: Jango and Boba Fett

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Aug 28, 2018

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Context - Jango Fett made the Clone Army. One of the clones ran away and started a family. Count Dooku paid Jango Fett to assassinate him, which he does. But not before a "Can you really kill yourself" confrontation. Connor Freeman is the son of the rogue clone. Boba Fett, due to reasons outlined in the comic, feels he owes him one.

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Aug 28, 2018

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

In the long history of crossover events, have the TMNT ever teamed up with DD?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Venom #6.

:allears:

Gives me a 90s vibe for some reason

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Lobok posted:

That fight is portrayed so incredibly well. You can see what the characters see and think without thought bubbles or narration and every panel has a real flow and continuity from the previous one. It's like a storyboard for a choreographed fight in a film.

I'd absolutely adore an MCU Hawkeye film where Clint properly retires after Infinity War Pt2 and hands the mantle over to Kate.

That whole series was a delight to read.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Batman dismantles a room full of mercs, then dismantles the same room in a different manner

Gotham Knight #31

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Gavok posted:

Still not as mean-spirited as Marvel's Ruins, which is two issues of "Pretty much every would-be Marvel hero died horribly of cancer and being a mutant is a fate worse than death. The end."

Was that the one where it was Nick Fury driving around investigating all these new 'superheroes' appearing? And how they all die horrible horrible deaths almost instantly?

"Bruce Banner gets dosed by gamma radiation and turned into The Hulk" but the Hulk is just 10 million different types of Turbo Cancer?

Sue Richards skin becomes invisible, Johnny is just on fire screaming, etc, etc

It felt super mean spirited, but it was also attempting a 'realistic' take of what would happen if mutants and heroes appeared in the real world.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Seems pretty sensible not to get on the death ship if you know it's a death ship.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Leopardon rocked up in the first Spiderverse event

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also this popped up on my feed the other day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8pYfCtNPzA

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

As a bit of pop culture trivia. Leopardon heralded the era of Super Sentai shows having giant robots to control for the main heroes to pilot.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

David D. Davidson posted:

The rest is history.

Further history lessons. Sentai shows kick rear end and have a super long long history, dating back to the 60s.

One of the grand-daddies of the genre is Kamen Rider, who takes a much more traditional approach to the setup. He's also the source of the 'Shouting Your Signature Attack' trope.

In short Kamen Rider is an Ally of Justice, and an all round rear end kicker.

(Read Right to Left)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Toadstrieb posted:

I haven't read Invincible in years, but I remember there being a big fight with a mustached older enemy that ended in Invincible punching so hard that he broke open both of his arms. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, I think it'd count as a "badass panel".

I know it ends with this scene

https://imgur.com/a/hsW4n1h

but I can't find the fight in-sequence anywhere.

Invincible Vs Conquest - Issue 64

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yeah the first half of the series is incredibly tight, then it meanders in the later bits because it doesn't know where it wants to go with the plot. Felt like the ending was somewhat half hearted and forced as well.

Standard Kirkman affair :v:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Proteus Jones posted:

Yeah, I liked it mostly. For me it started going off the rails in the last 1/4 or so. And you’re right, the ending felt contrived to get to the ending he wanted.

Walking Dead.txt
-> Go to new town
-> Wow everything seems so nice here!
-> Problem with town
-> ~VIOLENCE SOLVES EVERYTHING~
-> Oh poo poo zombies still exist
-> "WE HAVE TO ABANDON THIS TOWN"
-> Tragic death of long time fan favourite character
-> Go to 1

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Galvanik posted:

To many panels to count as a badass panel imo.

Stop nitpicking and just admit you enjoyed the cool manga :colbert:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Galvanik posted:

I want to say the anime adds in semi official side stories the original didn't include for space and time restrictions, like Froppy's internship. But i'm not absolutely certain of that.

What usually happens is Popular Manga Series gets picked up to become Popular Anime Series, but the anime usually catches up to the manga pretty quickly so all the big long running shonen series do side stories to allow the manga to push ahead a bit.
Couple of big examples are Rurouni Kenshin, and One Piece.

In the case of BNHA they just like fleshing out the side characters a bit more, because there's at least 3-4 more seasons worth of manga to cover before the anime catches up.

However there is an official side story manga called Vigilantes, that deals with a different set of characters in the same universe, but is not written by the main author.
http://bokunoheroacademia.wikia.com/wiki/Vigilante_-_My_Hero_Academia:_Illegals

As for anime movies, whatever happens in them never has any impact on the main series whatsoever (In only a few rare cases)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

TwoPair posted:

Supposedly the recent movie is canon according to the author but I'll believe it when I see it

That's also usually just Marketing 101 when they go on press junkets.

Unless you see it referred to in the manga, take it with a grain of salt. Even then it will usually be a "Remember that thing we did on that island?" throw away comment (Which makes it cannon)
The anime series may treat it differently because they timed the movie release inline with the Season 3 ending.

DATS ANIME FOLKS

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hajime No Ippo - Chapters 1242-1243

Setup: Ippo has taken on a disciple, after retiring from professional boxing, and has slowly been training him. However he's just been informed his disciple is in a street fight, and he rushes to his aid, only to learn that it's his disciple that's instigated the whole thing and has been using Ippo the whole time just to get stronger.

To add insult to injury, the disciple knocks Ippo's training gloves into the rain; a precious momento from his coach that he treasures with all his heart.

Kid is knocked unconscious, and eventually joins Ippo's boxing gym after learning his lesson

Ippo has been continuously serialised for 30 years by the same artist and writer, George Morikawa.
In all of those many years of serialisation, this is the first time you've ever seen Ippo absolutely truly pissed off at anyone. He's also an incredibly honest character, so as a professional boxer he knows how serious striking a civilian is and spends the next few chapters seeking penance by attempting to hand himself into the police.

Just a really wonderful sequence, showing off how powerful Ippo is, backed by some incredible linework.

(As always, apologies for the length, tried to limit it to the setup pages only. Can't do anything about the watermarks either!)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Edjumakation time :eng101:

The Kancho is not exclusively an Ippo thing, and has been a looooong running manga gag

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Question IRL posted:

Hawkeye: I won't be secret about it.

Fin.

:golfclap:

Now do Civil War 2

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

3 weeks with no update? Looks like it's manga to the rescue!

Kami-sama no Iu Toori 2 aka As The God's Will 2
(This is the 2nd series. First series was relatively short)

Japan are the kings of battle royale death world scenarios, and this series is no exception.

Short short short version is the blond haired kid, Kami, has the powers of a god and has trapped an entire school's worth of kids in a death game made up of Japanese childrens kids games with a deadly twist. You win, you live. You lose, you're killed instantly. If you survive all the way to the end? You win the power of a god. At the start of the series there are hundreds of kids just trying to survive, and numbers are whittled down dramatically. To give you a sense of just how hosed up this series can get, here's the trailer for the movie adaptation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEh1fT1IH14

Sooooooo right off the deep end in terms of setup.

:siren: As always read Right to Left :siren:

In this scene Akashi, the series protagonist, is forced to play Rock Paper Scissors against Kami to move to the next stage of the death game. At the start of this round there were 20 odd kids left, only a handful have survived, the majority being killed instantly.

Anyone that has attempted to attack Kami has been killed for doing so, but Akashi has had enough of seeing his new found friends die one after another, after spending nearly 3 weeks stuck in a never ending death game; which leads us to

Like the 'Protagonist-Gets-So-Ultra-Pissed-Off-He-Punches-The-poo poo-Out-Of-Someone-For-Doing-Something-So-Reprehensibly-Evil' is a pretty generic trope in anime and manga, but man is it great to see it executed well :allears:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Grappler Baki is... an acquired taste. The art style is unique, and the artists grasp on physiology is tenuous as best... but then you have books that are just constantly full of moments like below.

Baki-dou - Chapter 162

:siren: As always read Right to Left :siren:
(Tried to minimise the amount of pages used)

You don't need to know anything other than the samurai is the clone of Miyamoto Musashi (Don't ask) and the scarred to hell guy in the fundoshi is Hanayama, a member of the Yakuza

Hanayama has just punched the ever loving poo poo out of Musashi.

Hanayama is a loving powerhouse of a character

Good right? Well that's not even the most badass part of the CHAPTER

Hanayama don't give a shiiiiiiiiit

:allears:

Baki has been in serialisation for nearly 30 years now, by the same artist Keisuke Itagaki, so it def knows what it's about. Overly detailed muscular men beating the poo poo out of each other in impossible poses.

There's a pretty good adaptation of the first saga of the 2nd manga series up on Netflix.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fSp8NJEw34

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Holy gently caress thread, pull up

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Two households, both alike in dignity
In fair BSS, where we lay our scene

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Everyone should just chill the gently caress out and post cool panels.

One Punch Man Chapter 106

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

X-O posted:

This thread is for badass panels and that extends to Japanese comics as well.

Thank you.

Henkyou no Roukishi - Bard Loen

What happens if you were a Knight who pledged his fidelity to the people, and came face to face with the person that caused their suffering?

What if you were The People's Knight and came face to face with the person that trampled all over your Kingdom's Royal Family to further his own agenda, and attempted to send them into ruin?

(As always Right to Left)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

More Kazuo Koike goodness

Mad Bull 34
(Koike is the writer, Noriyoshi Inoue is the artist)

Setup: Mad Bull 34 is like the cliche ultra violent 80s NYC cop trope taken the the extreme. Daizaboru is an honest cop who's madly in love with another officer, Perrine. He goes for a workout at a gym together, where Perrine is trying to gently dissuade him from going after her romantically, by showing him how physically unmatched they are (It's a machismo manga). However the gym gets raided by a gang who are going to rape and kidnap Perrine. Daizaboru has no way of winning this fight other than delaying them until his partner arrives.

So he decides to take a beating until that happens

(Read Right to Left)

https://i.imgur.com/yL7qlvO.mp4
(Right click -> unmute)

Mad Bull 34 can be read here
Warning: it contains a lot of problematic content if that's an issue for you.
As I said, it's the cliche ultra violent 80's NYC cop trope taken to the extreme.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I've been reading it through and it does get better in later chapters, where it falls into fairly standard 80s violent manga tropes, but yeah those first few chapters really take things to the extreme and not in a good way.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Out - Chapter 127 & 129

tl;dr setup: Guy with the white hair, Meguro, is trying to survive getting murdered by a rival gang. He's already been beaten half to death after winning the fight against his previous opponent, and has passed out from exhaustion while trying to stay hidden

(As always read Right to Left)

Caught in a worst case scenario, he's got no choice but to fight his way out on the verge of collapse.

Verrrrrry cool Bosozuko/Japanese Biker Gang manga.

Out can be read here

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 11:07 on May 22, 2019

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Does the frog in his face want revenge as well?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

There's also the Flash's history of having a semi-cordial relationship with the Rogues, which Batman almost certainly does not approve of at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl91v2Mvv94

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

McCloud posted:

So I should be reading my hero academia, is what you're saying?

You should, but the above panel sequence is from the spin off series Vigilantes

Here's a really really cool sequence from a few of the recent MHA chapters.

There's a villain named Twice who's power is Double, which means he can duplicate himself. Long story short he duplicated himself a couple of times too many, couldn't control it, and he ended up killing all his clones. He came out of the encounter with a split personality unable to tell if he was the original, or if he was a clone. He's also now super paranoid about getting hurt; because if a clone sustains enough damage it disappears.

Another villain group pin him down with puppets that look like him, causing him to freak out.

(Right to Left)

Which then leads to this sequence

McCloud posted:

But man I really wish manganimes would cut down on the word count. Feels like they could have cut that dialogue down to half

Some are good, some are bad. Depends on the mangaka writing/drawing.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

You loving tell that factory worker Surfer!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Not to get all 'The Authority' but if your boyfriend is Superman and you know about there's a massive camp full of children seperated from their parents you'd think big blue would do something about it

Cool set of panels though

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Wait. Conan is Marvel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Making a request of some bad rear end panels for Shang Chi, because I don't think I've ever seen him in action.

Guess Marvel shouldn't have 'wasted' Iron Fist on Netflix :v: