Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

God drat Manapul's Det.

Aqua Thing.

e: Technically Vertigo, but FBP's cover is amazing.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Mar 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Teenage Fansub posted:

God drat Manapul's Det.

I'm excited for some great Batman art at the very least.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Full solicits:

http://www.newsarama.com/20593-dc-comics-full-june-2014-solicitations.html

Important things:

Ray Palmer is making his N52 debut on Future's End

The Doom Patrol is debuting for real this time

Aaand NuLobo is back so Red Hood's April cover is either a red herring or DC is loving insane :psyduck:

'Barry tries to repair his fractured relationship with Wally West!' :raise:

Doomsday Virus...Okay...

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Ray Palmer is making his N52 debut on Future's End

He was in Frankenstein.

edit:

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Aaand NuLobo is back so Red Hood's April cover is either a red herring or DC is loving insane :psyduck:

That was the cover with old Lobo, right? They're both around unless I missed something. The new one is on Earth to chase the old one (well, in space for United)
I think a Lobo/Lobo versus or team up book could be loads of fun.

ee:

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

He did? Then why the media circus when they introduced Atom/Atomica?

He was just a scientist there. I'm guessing he get's pushed into superheroism five years from now and warps back to be our Atom along with BManBeyond.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Mar 17, 2014

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Teenage Fansub posted:

He was in Frankenstein.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Hold on a minute D_T, you forgot to post the super classy cover for Red Hood!

Never change DC, never change.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Was Taters posted:

I'm excited for some great Batman art at the very least.

If they gently caress that cover up with a bunch of big dumb words I'm gonna be disappointed.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

E the Shaggy posted:

Because I posted it on my thread, obviously :v:

I don't see why people are getting so upset over it, as far as things go that's a pretty harmless cover, Kory doesn't have glaring anatomic problems, her suit isn't that much different to the one on the previous DCU.

Then again, I wouldn't past DC to be banking on another scandal to secure sales :sigh:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

E the Shaggy posted:

At this point, you'd want something else out of Red Hood? Cheese it right up. I like the paintbrush filtered photo of a sunset as a background.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Because I posted it on my thread, obviously :v:

I don't see why people are getting so upset over it, as far as things go that's a pretty harmless cover, Kory doesn't have glaring anatomic problems, her suit isn't that much different to the one on the previous DCU.

Then again, I wouldn't past DC to be banking on another scandal to secure sales :sigh:

You're better than this DT.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Senor Candle posted:

You're better than this DT.

Indeed I am

I don't really have a problem with discussing this anywhere but I think it would be better for everyone if we were to keep it contained on the Red Hood thread. :downs:

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
Can we move away from the scandal-baiting stuff and rather talk about how DC is doing 2 weekly comics. I know DC's track record with weeklies are all over the place ranging from the very good (52), to the mediocre (Trinity) to the very bad (Countdown) but have these really been big money earners for DC to justify two weeklies at the same time.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Madkal posted:

Can we move away from the scandal-baiting stuff and rather talk about how DC is doing 2 weekly comics. I know DC's track record with weeklies are all over the place ranging from the very good (52), to the mediocre (Trinity) to the very bad (Countdown) but have these really been big money earners for DC to justify two weeklies at the same time.

There were rumors of a third even.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

E the Shaggy posted:

Man I hate how Roy looks.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
There's a sale on Comixology for the Grant Morrison Animal Man sale at 99cents an issue, as well as the Nu52 issues for the same price. You're going to want to collect the entire Morrison run since it's one of those Morrison things where every little thing adds up and pays off, so if you end up skipping issues you're only cheating yourself.

As far as Nu52 Animal Man goes, everything except Rot World is great. Rot World wasn't awful, it was just long and slow, and required half of Swamp Thing to go along with it.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Animal Man sale
https://www.comixology.com/Animal-Man-Sale/page/1195
The original series to #65, Lemire's series and a pile of guest appearances including the first ten issues of Justice League Europe.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Some Nu52 vol 1s on sale. Thinking of grabbing Shazam and Flash. Are they good?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Schneider Heim posted:

Some Nu52 vol 1s on sale. Thinking of grabbing Shazam and Flash. Are they good?

Flash is pretty good. I didn't think much of Shazam but some people really liked it.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Shazam's great. It was a backup worth buying some very average issues of Justice League for.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Was there one? I just remember her using her shrinking power to GO INSIDE THE GAME. If you die in the game, you die in real life!

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

HitTheTargets posted:

Was there one? I just remember her using her shrinking power to GO INSIDE THE GAME. If you die in the game, you die in real life!

Batman straight up dies in the horrible Brett Booth horizontally drawn Batman/Superman. But I guess, nanomachines.

Bitchin Kitchen
Jun 2, 2006
Capital!
I am really ready for the Blight crossover to be done. I really liked the bits with the Spectre but that's been about it.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Bitchin Kitchen posted:

I am really ready for the Blight crossover to be done. I really liked the bits with the Spectre but that's been about it.

Waiting for Forever Evil and all of this to wrap up has been mind-numbing. Is that just me?

I would prefer if this were answered by another rhyming username.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Nothing I'm reading has even tried to acknowledge that FE is even happening.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

How do you get them without the Channel 52s?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Zombie Tsunami posted:

How do you get them without the Channel 52s?

I'm not stupid enough to turn the page when the story is over.

Also most of what I'm reading is Marvel.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Also most of what I'm reading is Marvel.

Fascinating.

https://www.comixology.com/Same-Day-as-Print-3-19/list/1469
Animal Man's finale is still under pre-order while the rest are out. How cruel :( Hmm. Never mind you can buy and read it despite that. Time to weep.

edit: Speaking of Jeff Lemire...
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/03/18/greg-paks-batmansuperman-10-is-bumped-by-jeff-lemires-batmansuperman-10/

quote:

As recently with Batgirl, Batman/Superman is going through some changes.

Batman/Superman #10 will be written by Jeff Lemire, with art by Karl Kerschl and Scott Hepburn and a cover by Cameron Stewart.

"In this stand-alone story, a microscopic threat invades the body of The Dark Knight, and it’s up to The Man of Steel and Dr. Ray Palmer to shrink down and eliminate the danger. But what they find will shock you! Get ready for big sci-fi thrills and high-adventure fun as only BATMAN/SUPERMAN can present!"

The solicited story by Greg Pak and Jae Lee, will now be bumped to May’s Batman/Superman #11. And that story by the same creative team bumped to June with Batman/Superman #12.

Neat!

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Mar 19, 2014

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I gotta say the Travel Foreman art in Animal Man today is total garbage. I don't know if it's the coloring or what but it is terrible. It's a real shame because I loved his work on the earlier parts of the book. Jeff Lemire's stuff looks amazing as always though.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Just dropping by to say than RHATO was loving awesome

Seriously guys, gave it a look at least, is a blast. :flashfap:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I thought Animal Man was kinda weak. I guess it's brave that they stuck to Cliff being dead (unless there's something to read into that spider), but it was really just a recap, sweet as Maxine telling it and Lemire's art was.

This was sure left dangling. Who the heck were these two? Didn't matter?

edit: Also, Maxine could've been a cool kid hero, and I guess that cat in the Justice League Dark teaser can't be Socks. Ah well.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Mar 19, 2014

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

I thought Animal Man was kinda weak. I guess it's brave that they stuck to Cliff being dead (unless there's something to read into that spider), but it was really just a recap, sweet as Maxine telling it and Lemire's art was.

This was sure left dangling. Who the heck were these two? Didn't matter?

I'm fairly certain this and the Bridgewalker will play a part in Justice League United, considering it's focus on outer-space.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
By the way, Forever Evil 7 has been delayed to May 21 and Nightwing 30 to May 28

:thumbsup:

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

By the way, Forever Evil 7 has been delayed to May 21 and Nightwing 30 to May 28

And as an add-on, Forever Evil 7 was originally delayed until April 16th on Monday. It's pretty ridiculous that Future's End is going to be beginning before the current big arc even finishes.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
2 more months of this poo poo loving event

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
"Forever Evil" is a pretty appropriate title. Evil inflicted on the readers, forever.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Oh my loving God, this is never going to end.

Also, could someone please explain what the hell is the appeal of the Joker's Daughter? Why does it keep selling??

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

E the Shaggy posted:

Also, could someone please explain what the hell is the appeal of the Joker's Daughter? Why does it keep selling??
It could always be worse

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

If you honestly think the cutesy not-serious-at-all Galacta is worse than Joker's "I'M QUEEN OF THE CRAZIES CAUSE I'M WEARING JOKER'S FACE" Daughter I'm not sure you've got your priorities straight.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

If you honestly think the cutesy not-serious-at-all Galacta is worse than Joker's "I'M QUEEN OF THE CRAZIES CAUSE I'M WEARING JOKER'S FACE" Daughter I'm not sure you've got your priorities straight.

Look where she first appeared. It was by an assistant editors! The last time we had that we got Golden Oldie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

E the Shaggy posted:

Weird people want sexy Joker. It's why Harley Quinn still exists and her book sells ridiculously well.

• Locked thread