Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Aww poo poo. I've got the issue sitting right here, waiting to be read. The cover art sold me. I guess I'll just dog through it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

gently caress, yeah me too. I picked it up because I enjoy Peter David. I usually pass on Deadpool minis.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
At this point I'm probably only gonna pick up Deadpool stuff with Duggan's name on it.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Or Scheer's

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I seriously want Duggan to write Deadpool forever. The Death of Logan issue with Cap was fantastic. Those last couple pages were pretty amazing.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

RIP Jason Latour.

Also least surprising moment of all time: Jason Aaron hides a sword in his beard.

That was such a fun issue.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

The colorist was awesome!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

So who else besides me looked for hidden words in the puzzle?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Gina Carrano has been cast in Deadpool as Angel Dust

http://marvel.wikia.com/Angel_Dust_%28Christina%29_%28Earth-616%29

The Hollywood Reporter is surprisingly also saying Colossus is still in the script and has yet to be cast

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Gerry Duggan and Reilly Brown are teaming again and bringing back a bunch of the characters from their great Deadpool: Dracula's Gauntlet series. Including Marcus the Diabetic Werewolf Centaur Symbiote!

http://www.hitfix.com/harpy/exclusive-mrs-deadpool-and-the-howling-commandos-enter-marvels-battleworld

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
This book, it was made for me

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

From Ryan Reynold's twitter, our first shot of him in the full movie costume:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Is 'Mrs. Deadpool' Deadpool's wife, or is this another dimensional doppelganger like Lady Deadpool?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Captain Bravo posted:

Is 'Mrs. Deadpool' Deadpool's wife, or is this another dimensional doppelganger like Lady Deadpool?

It's Shiklah, and yes, she's his wife, even if he's been kind of aloof and manic recently.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Oh derp, that's right. I forgot about the wedding, where Frank smiles, Steve is buddies with Wade, and the universe somehow doesn't collapse in upon itself. :v:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Hahahaha HOLY poo poo that ending!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Hahahaha HOLY poo poo that ending!

It's so funny and :smith: at the same time....assuming you can argue it's even real and not just Wade being Wade.

Issue is fantastic though and I'm liking the side stories so far.

Old Steve :3:

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Apr 8, 2015

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

"So enjoy your funny books, but just know that not everyone finds them funny." :smith:

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
"HA! I hate everything and this is awesome!" :haw:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Wanderer posted:

"HA! I hate everything and this is awesome!" :haw:

That panel is going to be getting a lot of use in my future.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Man if that's the end of the Duggan era what a way to go. I hope Duggan comes back after Secret Wars. And writes the title for five more years.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Oh god, somebody pointed out to me that Deadpool at one point literally buys the farm.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Yvonmukluk posted:

Oh god, somebody pointed out to me that Deadpool at one point literally buys the farm.

HAHAHA! Holy poo poo!

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
I am still unclear how the new Flagsmasher thought the plan would go.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

SirDan3k posted:

I am still unclear how the new Flagsmasher thought the plan would go.

Planning has never been much of a Flag Smasher thing.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Seems kinda stupid to kill off a character that's going to get a major movie released.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Binary Badger posted:

Seems kinda stupid to kill off a character that's going to get a major movie released.

They'll relaunch in time for the movie with a #1, thus suckering thousands into buying it

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The Deadpool from, I dunno, the Spider-Island section of Battleworld will walk over to Manhattan and be the new Deadpool going forward. There.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Binary Badger posted:

They didn't really kill him off. That's the joke. Secret Wars just happened at the end of the issue.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I'm not even convinced anything on the yacht happened. Seemed too much like the end of a movie.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

The lack of Evan in the entire first story was kind of weird.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Gavok posted:

The lack of Evan in the entire first story was kind of weird.

Yeah, didn't he live right there?

Also didn't last issue leave off with the cliffhanger of Shiklah assaulting the world?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Little Mac posted:

Yeah, didn't he live right there?

Also didn't last issue leave off with the cliffhanger of Shiklah assaulting the world?

Duggan is following up on that with the Secret Wars tie-in Mrs. Deadpool and the Howling Commandos.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I honestly wouldn't mind if after Howling Commandos Duggan was done with Deadpool. I'll still read it if he does more, but this just seems like a really natural ending point. I was going to say I can't wait for the Omni but I'm already buying the OSHCs.

Also I bet Duggan couldn't do anything with Evan because the X-team probably has significant plans for him going into Secret Wars. I could be wrong though I don't really read much X-Men

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

I'm working on an article where I rank every Deadpool writer. The way I'm counting it is that they had to have written a comic that either stars Deadpool or is a team with Deadpool as a member. They also have to have written at least three consecutive issues. So no guest appearances or one-shots, making Deadpool Team-Up worthless here. Here's the list of names that qualify as far as I can figure out:

- Fabian Nicieza (Circle Chase, Cable/Deadpool)
- Mark Waid (Sins of the Past)
- Joe Kelly (Deadpool v.1)
- Christopher Priest (Deadpool v.1)
- Jimmy Palmiotti and Buddy Scalera (Deadpool v.1)
- Frank Tieri (Deadpool v.1)
- Gail Simone (Deadpool v.1)
- Rob Rodi (Identity Disc)
- Daniel Way (Deadpool v.2, Thunderbolts v.2)
- Mike Benson and Adam Glass (Suicide Kings, Deadpool Pulp)
- Victor Gischler (Merc with a Mouth, Deadpool Corps)
- Duane Swierczynski (Wade Wilson's War, Deadpool vs. X-Force)
- David Lapham (Deadpool MAX)
- Rick Remender (Uncanny X-Force)
- Cullen Bunn (Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe, Deadpool Killustrated, Deadpool Kills Deadpool, Night of the Living Deadpool, Deadpool vs. Carnage, Return of the Living Deadpool)
- Christopher Hastings (Fear Itself: Deadpool)
- Gerry Duggan and Brian Posehn (Deadpool v.3, Dracula's Gauntlet, Hawkeye vs. Deadpool)
- Charles Soule (Thunderbolts v.2)
- Peter David (Deadpool's Art of War)
- Ben Acker and Ben Blacker (Thunderbolts v.2)

Is there anyone I'm missing? I mean, I guess I could count Milligan for 5 Ronin since it sort of counts and if I really want to stretch it, I could include that Identity Wars crossover John Layman did, but I feel like those don't star him enough to work.

Also, I'm really leaning towards ranking Duggan/Posehn over Kelly and I feel bad about it.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Didn't Doctor McNinja's Chris Hastings do a 4 part (or so) Fear Itself tie-in? I forget the number of issues.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

IUG posted:

Didn't Doctor McNinja's Chris Hastings do a 4 part (or so) Fear Itself tie-in? I forget the number of issues.

Yep, he's on the list. He also did an awesome A+X issue where Deadpool teamed up with Hawkeye.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Gavok posted:

Yep, he's on the list. He also did an awesome A+X issue where Deadpool teamed up with Hawkeye.

Ah, I didn't see that for some reason. And yes, that team-up was awesome, and I'm pretty sure his idea for exploding hulk hand arrows showed up once or twice more.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

IUG posted:

Ah, I didn't see that for some reason. And yes, that team-up was awesome, and I'm pretty sure his idea for exploding hulk hand arrows showed up once or twice more.

Yes and also "Yarr! If it isn't Ninja Spider-man and Purple Arrow!?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Gavok posted:

Also, I'm really leaning towards ranking Duggan/Posehn over Kelly and I feel bad about it.

Don't feel bad about it. I would too. Duggan/Posehn, then Nicieza, and then Kelly. That's how I'd do it.

• Locked thread