Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Deadpool posted:

Deadpool is firing on all cylinders lately. I hope The Gauntlet makes it into a TPB. Though I admit it would lose a bit of presentation. They'd done some good jokes with the transitions.

I would assume they would since it introduces a very important character. They also have stuck the digital comics in the Infinity Trade. However, they did also include a code for the digital versions and said that they lose something when they are in trade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gavok posted:

This week's issue just about confirms it (Shiklah says "Don't tell my husband" after kissing a victim and I don't think she's talking about Dracula). I'm guessing the reveal will be in one of the two remaining issues and they'll show the wedding itself in Deadpool's main series.

Oddly enough, they did this exact plot in Deadpool Team-Up with Satana, only this time they appear to want to make it a status quo.

We already know that Deadpool is getting married in an upcoming issue.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He created the character. I'm no fan of the guy, but it wouldn't have killed them to give him a backup story.

I am pretty sure he is already invited to the wedding, and did he ever write him? In X-force he was the artist but never the writer. To be fair Marv Wolfman and George Pérez created him.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He wrote Deadpool Corps for a while.

Are you sure? Everything has him as the artist, and with Victor Gischler.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Senor Candle posted:

Even if he did that isn't the main Deadpool book.

The article says its almost every writer who had a solo run.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Senor Candle posted:

Oh you're right. I hadn't read that thing in a while. Still, Liefeld's biggest contribution to the character is basically the color palette right?

Yep. Also to be perfectly honest Joe Kelly has every right to be named creator.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

SALT CURES HAM posted:

As a general rule, if a MAX series went on for longer than one trade, it's pretty good. If it got cancelled very quickly, don't bother.

What about Wisdom?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Zoe posted:

Where can I go to read more about funny, actually interesting Sabretooth? I like the character in theory but most of my previous exposure to him was in this terrible 90s comic my brother had that was trying waaay to hard to be edgy. (I realize now that that was just a 90s thing and not necessarily his fault.)

Exiles and Age of Apocalypse.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

khy posted:

I tried to read Deadpool a while back and I got all kinds of confused. It was weird.

First there was a time travelling banker(?) who was pretending to be a homeless man. Also a blind woman whom Deadpool kidnapped and now lives with. NOBODY CAN EVER MEET HER THOUGH because Deadpool will go crazy with jealousy or I don't even know what.

Also, hey! Deadpool isn't ACTUALLY Wade Wilson, but some other guy? And a bigass magical mercenary who Deadpool doesn't like is really Wade Wilson? Where were they going with this?

I did like the storyline with the alien being going from world to world spreading peace and joy and tranquility and it ended up being that it was just eliminating free will, and Deadpool ended up being the horrible evil destroyer because he was actually fighting against the thought-controlling monster. Also captain america was somehow involved.

Agent X was my favorite 'deadpool' series because of the whole training with Taskmaster. "Bled on his wolverine shirt, now he can't wear it anymore! Hah!"

I haven't read any of the Cable/Deadpool bits or anything after that except an out-of-context panel or three. I kind of want to but I always lose my enthusiasm when I think about the blind chick weird jealousy thing and the magical mercenary identity issue thing.

Read the series that just ended. All characters have bad runs, and they way to enjoy the comic is to find one that is good.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Senor Candle posted:

Specifically Deadpool by Posehn and Duggan. It's really good.

Also the miniseries Hawkeye vs Deadpool

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

redbackground posted:

Joe Kelly's run is not a bad run. :11tea:

I can certainly understand enjoying the Poeshn/Duggan run more, though.

Cable/Deadpool is a good time.

Everyone should read Hawkeye/Deadpool. And Suicide Kings.

I never said he did. However I did mention a run that should be avoided.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gavok posted:

Daniel Way did 65 issues (63 plus two .1 issues) and we might as well count that 5 issue Wolverine: Origins arc. Right now Duggan has 45 issues of the main series, 12 digital issues of the Gauntlet (7 issues physically) and 5 issues of the Hawkeye crossover miniseries. So let's say...

Daniel Way: 70
Gerry Duggan: 57

Yeah, he has this in the bag.

59 if you include the Secret Wars tie in

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Aug 4, 2015

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Uhhh and I wanted to buy my sister some trades of the classic Kelly run or Cable and Deadpool for her birthday :(. Well hopefully comic book stores won't be as insane.

This might help
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...e+1%2Caps%2C230

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gavok posted:

So the current storyline right now is that Deadpool is going after Sabretooth because he thinks he's responsible for the death of his parents. Obviously he isn't, but there is the whole thing about Sabretooth being responsible for the death of Copycat. Usually that part of their past is swept under the rug, but she's a bit of a bigger deal thanks to the movie and she appeared an awful lot in flashbacks in the Deadpool wedding issue. There's also the plot point that a lot of Deadpool's adventures never actually happened and were really part of Butler loving with his head.

I'm wondering if part of this story is going to outright say that the Return to Weapon X storyline from Frank Tieri's run never actually happened. Copycat never died and is in fact still out there.

I thought they hinted/outright stated that Copycat was still alive in the wedding issue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Soylentbits posted:

I assumed she was still around.

She lost her power due to Wanda

• Locked thread