Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
If you guys wanna see what the gauntlet looks like as a physical comic, the first issue was released as one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Lars Blitzer posted:

No Liefeld? Really? I guess they really want it to sell, then.

He never actually wrote the main Deadpool series did he?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He created the character. I'm no fan of the guy, but it wouldn't have killed them to give him a backup story.

"created" as in he colored Deathstroke a different color.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

bobkatt013 posted:

Are you sure? Everything has him as the artist, and with Victor Gischler.

Even if he did that isn't the main Deadpool book.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

bobkatt013 posted:

The article says its almost every writer who had a solo run.

Oh you're right. I hadn't read that thing in a while. Still, Liefeld's biggest contribution to the character is basically the color palette right?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Man that issue was so good. I didn't care for most of the stuff after the initial story, but god drat it was good. I just love seeing good things happen to Wade with no immediate consequences.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Gavok posted:

When Posehn and Duggan leave Deadpool, I hope they give the series to Chris Hastings. Every time he's used the character, it's been gold and Deadpool Annual #2 is no different.

I was kind of figuring Acker and Blacker were being groomed for it, but they are doing Tbolts now. After their first annual I wouldn't mind seeing them have a crack at the main series.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Sesq posted:

Well, the series starts with Way, so there's that. It shifted over to Charles Soule, and I like his work a whole lot on both Thunderbolts and She-Hulk. Going forward, it'll be written by Ben Acker and Ben Blacker I believe, who wrote the first Deadpool Annual. I'll keep with it and see where it goes with that.

They also wrote a Thunderbolts Annual that was pretty good. And a Wolverine Season One which was not as good. They also do the Thrilling Adventure Hour live show/podcast and wrote a comic based off that.

Comic posted:

What are opinions on this Thunderbolts run? I only recently checked it out and I have to say while it's not super Deadpool focused or anything, it's not bad. It manages to do gags with him that don't make me roll my eyes at least. I didn't even know he was in the team until they showed up a bit ago. It manages to keep him looking like a threat too, which is a nice bonus.

A lot of people really hate the Way stuff in here, but I think there are some pretty funny character moment in the early issues, and I'm sure most of it is on Marvel Unlimited at this point. It really starts getting good with the Infinity tie-in issues because that's when Soule starts.

Senor Candle fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jun 8, 2014

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Deadpool was ok this week, not a big fan of this Original Sin arc though. The writing and they art seem to be below par. I don't think it's actually the fault of a crossover though, because the majority of the issue is still just dealing with Vampires.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Yeah, this arc's been kinda weak, but seeing Deadpool's daughter will hopefully bring stuff up. I'm guessing she'll have his whole "healing factor that's constantly stopping him from dying but loving up his looks" and thus be kinda indestructible and join up with him like some sort of horrifying yet awesome family.

His whole hosed up face thing is because of his cancer so she probably won't be suffering from that.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I picked up Deadpool Classic #9 based on the recommdations here and the fact that I like Gale Simone, and I'm enjoying it thus far. I also grabbed the annual with the Spider-Man/Chameleon bit. Here's a possibly stupid question: Is there a way for me to get my hands on last year's annual? Maybe a good place that sells used comics online? The shop I go to told me they wouldn't be able to get something like that and annuals usually aren't included in any trades or collections.

I would just grab a digital copy. Or check out ebay.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Soonmot posted:

Is the Dracula's Gauntlet that's coming out this week just a physical reprint of the digital Gauntlet?

Yup.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I dunno I've haven't really cared for these past two issues as much.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Oh! I figured someone else would post about it but there is a Deadpool+Cap team up book in this latest solicitation that deals with Wolverine's death. Written by Duggan so hopefully it's good!

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I've been interested in reading and maybe collecting Cable/Deadpool being that it's been recommended in this thread and by some of the folks at my local comic shop. I know this sounds like a chore, but could anyone give me a rundown of who Cable is and his story? I've tried to go through his Wikipedia page and I got a headache every time.

Also, I was going back and forth with Gerry Duggan on Twitter about Deadpool and Arkham Manor, and I asked him if writing Manor would mean he's leaving Deadpool in October, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet. Has anything come out about that?

Why would you think he's leaving Deadpool? That isn't the only book he's writing right now.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Boinks posted:

I got an email saying Deadpool was being continued under another name. Was the main series cancelled or are these just mini series?

Those are all just miniseries. I'm pretty sure the Hawkeye and Cap on are both written by Duggan though.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
At this point I'm probably only gonna pick up Deadpool stuff with Duggan's name on it.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I honestly wouldn't mind if after Howling Commandos Duggan was done with Deadpool. I'll still read it if he does more, but this just seems like a really natural ending point. I was going to say I can't wait for the Omni but I'm already buying the OSHCs.

Also I bet Duggan couldn't do anything with Evan because the X-team probably has significant plans for him going into Secret Wars. I could be wrong though I don't really read much X-Men

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

redbackground posted:

It was a 4-issue miniseries, yes.

5 Issue! Don't forget about #0

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
The second Posehn/Duggan Deadpool OSHC finally loving came out today. Also Mrs. Deadpool is good.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

bobkatt013 posted:

Read the series that just ended. All characters have bad runs, and they way to enjoy the comic is to find one that is good.

Specifically Deadpool by Posehn and Duggan. It's really good.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

khy posted:

So the best way to proceed from here is to pretend that T-Ray never existed at all?

Who?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I hope Duggan ends up with the longest run on Deadpool. Who has that title now?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

TwoPair posted:

Why in the world would someone want to own Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe.

Well I own it and I'd much rather own $125 so maybe I should sell it.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Deadpool posted:

Nicieza and Reilly Brown are doing a 6 issue digital sequel to Cable and Deadpool in December.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/nicieza-brown-reunite-for-new-deadpool-cable-split-second-series

Oh man I just picked up the Cable and Deadpool omni so I should be primed for this when it comes out.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I just read the 4th OSHC and was Shiklah deciding she was going to take over the world touched upon somewhere else? Like in some secret wars thing I didn't read.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Cool article! I also could have sworn that Duggan said Posehn would eventually be coming back to cowrite with him. I have a strict web filter and it's hard to look up in my phone but I'm pretty sure it was a cbr article about the post Secret Wars series. Again something that might not have been revealed when you wrote it though.
Oh here I found it.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/interview-duggans-deadpool-deals-with-the-pressures-of-high-profile-heroics

Senor Candle fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Dec 9, 2015

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I was expecting this to read like another "misplaced" issue but it really didn't. Which is fine because I enjoyed what those issues bring to the main storyline, but overall feel that they are a little weaker. I really liked this one.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I will be happy when Duggan & Posehn have not only written the most Deadpool, but have written most of Deadpool.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
If you have been reading the main deadpool series, you should pick up Deadpool Last Days of Magic #1 today. Important stuff happens in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I was rereading The Gauntlet and I noticed this line.

I'm wondering if something will come of this or if it was just a throw away line.

Senor Candle fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jun 23, 2016

• Locked thread