Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I only read one issue of Deadpool MAX, and it had a monocle-wearing Cable show up to dick over Deadpool. It was pretty funny.

The current Deadpool is great, and the bits I've seen from The Gauntlet make me really need to read that too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

TheJoker138 posted:

Way used him and made him really fat.

He'd already undergone that particular development in Cable and Deadpool, so the fat part wasn't Way.

It feels weird using spoilers to talk about books that ended years and years ago.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Lurdiak posted:

I am not a big fan of Way's book but I thought his description of Hydra Bob as "like those lovely AI partners in video games who screw everything up" was pretty spot-on.

I can't leave without my buddy Bob!

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I'll be interested to see where you put Cullen Bunn on there, because the Deadpool Kills* series were all over the place in terms of quality.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Archyduke posted:

Which LGBTQA superhero/villain has had the most mainstream visibility? I'd say Iceman, but I'm unsure how many non-comics fans would be aware that he's gay. I know the Bruce Timm stuff was fairly committed to a romantic valence between Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy but frankly I have no clue what the current state of their characters is.

Edit: Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm sort of taken aback that the Avengers movies got away with being a team of straight white people. Have any of the big comic book movies of the past decade or so had characters that weren't depicted as anything other than hetero? I know Bucky and Captain America, as well as the younger movie Professor X and Magneto have robust shipping communities-- why not just pull the trigger, rejigger their initial ages in WWII, and have a Bucky and Cap that were a couple? It's not like the world's going to be worse off for missing out on a scintillating Sharon Carter subplot.

The Winter Soldier is already a movie all about how much Steve loves Bucky, what more do you want?

The real answer is that we're not going to see a gay lead in a tentpole blockbuster for a long while because despite the leaps of social progress that have been happening in the past decade, there's still a large portion of the population, domestic and international, who wouldn't see a gay hero, and that cuts into the bottom line, which, with ever inflating budgets, is the God of franchise movie making.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

X-O posted:

Ooooh, that's what it stands for.

This is totally my poo poo.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Heavy Metal posted:

I'm very aroused! In all seriousness Gambit is my favorite X-men character!

I mean I wouldn't say he's my favorite, but I definitely had a Gambit figure with an actual cloth coat in my youth, and I occasionally feel a pang of sadness that I have no idea what became of it.

Also it seems like they're maintaining his 'doing stealing' suit from his recent(ish) solo series, which was a great costume, so that makes me happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I knew Cable & Deadpool was somewhat divisive over quality, but yeah, chalk me up as another who though of Simone's run as well-regarded.

• Locked thread