Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Elendil004 posted:

Good luck dudes, if somebody drops Telsh is happy to appear.

That just may happen! People might die or crap out!

THREAD IS UP. (link below)

A few notes:

• Link your sheet in your first post.
  • Thumbnail your character's portrait in the same post. (if you don't have one, find one)
  • Posts should always start with your character's name in bold, followed by your current location (not in bold)
    Your current health should be stated below it, in parentheses, in the format (-strain/-wounds), so if you have 2 strain and 3 wounds that's (-2S/-3W)
  • OOC stuff should be in italics and inside brackets, completely OOC posts should go in this thread.
  • You don't actually know Moff Breslin has hired you yet, so leave her name out of it. It's just a mystery Moff atm.
  • If you're unsure of a roll, just ask in this thread before you post, I'll try to answer in a timely fashion. Feel free to describe the results as you like, within reason.
  • If you are using Advantages as Boost Dice, you must either use them on your next post/roll, or hand them off to someone specifically. Meaning you need to specify who you are giving the Advantage to, and your narrative should somehow reflect that.
  • Feel free to back and forth, post as much as you like, just try not to overwhelm and drown out others with posts. When in doubt, ask if you're being annoying.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3613589

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

heh

Mystery Moff is my Star Wars Imperial Cantina Cover Band

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Hm, I have to figure out if I have a rank. I'm thinking Warrant Officer, in the old-school sense of "Not a line officer in the chain of command, but too valuable to be regular old enlisted".

Also apparently now that I've been asked, what actual branch I worked for.

EDIT: Dug on Wookieepedia, obviously it's the Imperial Department of Military Research. Do they use ranks?

Lemniscate Blue fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Mar 5, 2014

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

No, I don't think they did. If they did, scientists would probably have Army officer ranks or something.

Also, Vicisstude: Teriq Zarrano - Human Soldier

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Good luck to everyone that got in! May you blast many Rebels in the face.

KJDavid
Nov 22, 2013

My other avatar is a pocke-thingy.

BatteredFeltFedora posted:

EDIT: Dug on Wookieepedia, obviously it's the Imperial Department of Military Research. Do they use ranks?

I'm sure there are scientists with ranks in IDMR, and the division is probably commanded by an admiral or general. That being said, it's probably like DARPA in that a lot of researchers are not officers.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I had initially debated eschewing ranks entirely and making it extra nebulous... might retcon Malek's rank, in fact, if I do I'll let you know. (I probably will)

The ranks/positions I listed all of you in were just flavor, for the purposes of the team you all have the same rank except for the CO, who is ostensibly your leader. You're operating outside the usual purvey of the Imperial Military, so ranks are sort of meaningless.

You're all just Agents.

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
Couple logistics questions:

Initiative: any special way we'll be handling this? I wouldn't want to delay action in order to kibitz over who takes what PC initiative slot. This might make for an interesting "responsibility" of the CO.

How do you plan to handle "once per session" or "until the end of session" stuff since we won't be operating in that sort of gaming structure?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Not Keyser Soze posted:

Couple logistics questions:

Initiative: any special way we'll be handling this? I wouldn't want to delay action in order to kibitz over who takes what PC initiative slot. This might make for an interesting "responsibility" of the CO.

How do you plan to handle "once per session" or "until the end of session" stuff since we won't be operating in that sort of gaming structure?

When you need to roll initiative, I'll tell you what to roll. Otherwise you will just be posting whenever. You can all decide amongst yourselves how to do it, if you want a free for all or a strict setup, your call. If you want to discuss stuff in this thread OOCly and then post ICly so there's less audible dissension IC (if you argue in front of NPCs, it will matter), that's fine too.

The logic of having the CO is to help streamline things and avoid Goon Democracy, which amounts to everyone arguing over what to do next.

Each Operation will be one session.

KJDavid
Nov 22, 2013

Fuzz posted:

The logic of having the CO is to help streamline things and avoid Goon Democracy, which amounts to everyone arguing over what to do next.

Something tells me Goonocracy would not last long as a legitimate form of government. ;)

Quick question: How many Destiny Points do we have right now or will we get those when the first 'Operation' starts?

PS - I think I sort of understand how they work, but I'm probably wrong.

Jaynen
Jul 7, 2005
My assumption was "I have no rank" in regards to whatever is going on right now, since prior ranks won't mean anything.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Yeah, I'm gonna edit out the ranks. It's just Agent Malek now.

The briefing is still ongoing, he will continue in a bit, I decided that a rapid update schedule with smaller updates to keep things moving will be the best method.

The current plan is to outline Section 96, it's mandate, the expectations of you, and your jurisdiction. Then you'll get your briefing for Operation I, then you are set loose to take care of business. Malek will be your point of contact and handler.

I will roll Destiny dice at the start of every Operation. You guys get 7. By the rules you should really have 8, but that's a lot. Your total number could increase over time, we'll see. Too many dice and there's less pressure to flip them, basically.

I will also post your Duty totals when the Operation starts, as well as clue you in on what the extra 5 Duty Jaynen gets is.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Mar 5, 2014

Jaynen
Jul 7, 2005
So during any of the first part do you expect us to respond or question him or hold questions to the end

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Jaynen posted:

So during any of the first part do you expect us to respond or question him or hold questions to the end

I dunno, how do you think a guy would feel if he's giving you a briefing and you interrupt him with questions? Put yourself in the situation and just think about tact and decorum.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
That being the case I'm going to continue as if Tibby didn't say anything, then respond as if he'd asked once this whole thing is done and it's coffee-donuts-socializing time.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

This briefing wasn't done?

I'm confused...

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
If you do not see a sentence that ends with a question mark it's safe to assume the expectation is that your are still in Shut Up and Pay Attention Mode.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Please, we're in the empire. Nobody asks us questions, it's all point and destroy.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
"We need you to strike against the Rebels--"

"OKAY"

"Wait I wasn't finished where are you going"

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Hehe, yeah, I split it up because I didn't want a wall of text, plus I figured maybe some of you would want to get all creative writer and give some backstory to your characters with what was presented... where you were when you got the call, how you came to Coruscant, your thoughts on entering the building, whatever.

At work and on my phone right now, next post will be meatier and go up tonight.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Solomonic posted:

"We need you to strike against the Rebels--"

"OKAY"

"Wait I wasn't finished where are you going"

"I'M GETTING MIXED SIGNALS HERE."

KJDavid
Nov 22, 2013

If anyone would like to work together (i.e. - Assist) on a Piloting (Space), Warfare, Skullduggery, or Astrogation roll, let me know. I'll be happy to lend assistance or accept it.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Someone already hit the main points you don't need to stress on it.

KJDavid
Nov 22, 2013

But I rolled so awesome:

Warfare: 1eB+2eA+1eP+3eD 2 successes, 2 advantage

Could I use the advantage to make it that standard Imperial Military protocol would have been to log the incoming hyperspace vector and the outgoing one, so there's a decent chance the Death Star black box contains that info?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Yeah, my observations weren't coming from a military background so if there's any more that can be added in that context it might be worth it.

Jaynen
Jul 7, 2005
That is an epic roll

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

KJDavid posted:

But I rolled so awesome:

Warfare: 1eB+2eA+1eP+3eD 2 successes, 2 advantage

Could I use the advantage to make it that standard Imperial Military protocol would have been to log the incoming hyperspace vector and the outgoing one, so there's a decent chance the Death Star black box contains that info?

Yeah, you realize the incoming vector could have value, as well. Add it in and I'll tweak the post coming up, hard to write on a phone.

KJDavid
Nov 22, 2013

That's a sweet ship.

The only thing I can think that we'd really need are some fake personal IDs, and that's about it. Anyone else think of anything?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

KJDavid posted:

That's a sweet ship.

The only thing I can think that we'd really need are some fake personal IDs, and that's about it. Anyone else think of anything?

I added an OOC note to clarify. :haw:

See also: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/G9_Rigger_freighter

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Random aside: I hate Dropbox, or rather it hates my phone. Try to use Google Drive if possible, I may just make an account for us all to share and keep everything on.

More important: I want to keep the pace moving. You can put up the dossiers whenever, maybe we can just toss them on the drive with the sheets. Unless you have specific goals to accomplish in Coruscant, I'd like to get you airborne or at least to the hangar so you can prep/examine the ship.

KJDavid
Nov 22, 2013

Fuzz posted:

More important: I want to keep the pace moving. You can put up the dossiers whenever, maybe we can just toss them on the drive with the sheets. Unless you have specific goals to accomplish in Coruscant, I'd like to get you airborne or at least to the hangar so you can prep/examine the ship.

The things I'd like to do on Coruscant:
  • Acquire used clothing that refugees would wear.
  • Store personal possessions that might ID me to the wrong people.
  • Buy a book on Alderaanian customs, culture, and geography.
  • Pull all available BoSS records on the Golden Dewback going back as far as possible.
  • Pulling any available ISB files on owners or known pilots of the Golden Dewback.

I assume the ISB has already done the last 2 things.

Jaynen
Jul 7, 2005
Add to the list any records available on the farming operations on the planet. Tax returns? Yield reports? Known suppliers or exporters?

Also what kind of ship was the Golden Dewback?

KJDavid
Nov 22, 2013

It is a Corellian YU-410 freighter.

Also, it occurs to me that much of this information we could probably get on the way via the HoloNet.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

KJDavid posted:

It is a Corellian YU-410 freighter.

Also, it occurs to me that much of this information we could probably get on the way via the HoloNet.

This is accurate.

Also as for Anders' Vigilance roll: He realizes that more background on their loaner ship and its "rebel crew" might be handy. Also that the region is mostly wild space and currently heavily patrolled by Imperial Forces on the hunt for Rebels.

As for clothing, an Easy (1D) Streetwise roll will let you know what styles to wear. In the wake of the destruction info about Alderaan is all over the place, as well.

Jaynen
Jul 7, 2005
That raises my earlier question. To those imperial forces can we identify as ISB?

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Hey, my apologies, but I think I'm going to have to drop. I just can't keep up with the pace of posting. I'm sorry about that, because the game seems fun, but it's obviously intended for people who can post multiple times a day, and I'm only around at night and on weekends.

So I hope everyone has fun and I look forward to playing with you guys again in a game that might be more sedate.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Jaynen posted:

That raises my earlier question. To those imperial forces can we identify as ISB?

What part of disavowed unit isn't clear?

Epicurius posted:

Hey, my apologies, but I think I'm going to have to drop. I just can't keep up with the pace of posting. I'm sorry about that, because the game seems fun, but it's obviously intended for people who can post multiple times a day, and I'm only around at night and on weekends.

So I hope everyone has fun and I look forward to playing with you guys again in a game that might be more sedate.

drat. :(

If Elendil004 wants to jump in as a replacement from the start, he can! I really liked that character anyway.

Jaynen
Jul 7, 2005

Fuzz posted:

What part of disavowed unit isn't clear?

Ah I reread that section. I thought it was disavowed if caught IE mission impossible. But you were not "free agent" entirely to the friendlies. Got it.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
How much difficulty would it take on a Knowledge: Outer Rim (or Mechanics, possibly) roll to know what specific maintenance providers tend to operate around Yavin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Jaynen posted:

Ah I reread that section. I thought it was disavowed if caught IE mission impossible. But you were not "free agent" entirely to the friendlies. Got it.

Nope, for now you all basically don't exist. Once you get to the next Operation (whichever one it is) that might change... it all depends on you guys.

• Locked thread