Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Vortex-fireball is nice but I notice that fireball's physical AOE isn't large enough to hit a clump of dudes that've been vortex'd which is why I stopped using it, plus I wanted to use Thunderclap because goddamn is that 6 second stun baller time. I also use Chain Lightning instead of Death Grip because Death Grip never really impressed me, Death Bolt + potions is usually enough healing for my needs, and Chain Lightning is fantastic for DPS, you can keep that magic resist debuff on a dude full time and waste his rear end with right clicks, bouncing to nearby enemies is just a bonus. I commonly kill Durrr's second form without him getting a single slam off.

On the mage skills discussion: Inferno. Bad skill, or WORST skill? I've never even equipped it because the numbers scream awful. Then again, Knights must get some gnarly poo poo because the only 4 skills they ever seem to have is charge-AOE stun-fire aura- then either healing strike or kick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!

Indecisive posted:

Inferno. Bad skill, or WORST skill?
I've used it during competition speed run attempts - it pretty much melts all of the weak poo poo that follows you to the exit with one cast.

But the cooldown and duration are loving miserable. Really, really, really needs to be improved. For anything other than low-level castles, you HAVE to use it in conjunction with Vortex to pull the enemies into it and stun them briefly. Not a bad combo but the skill by itself is miserable.

I feel that way about several of the mage skills though.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Tom Powers posted:

I've used it during competition speed run attempts - it pretty much melts all of the weak poo poo that follows you to the exit with one cast.

But the cooldown and duration are loving miserable. Really, really, really needs to be improved. For anything other than low-level castles, you HAVE to use it in conjunction with Vortex to pull the enemies into it and stun them briefly. Not a bad combo but the skill by itself is miserable.

I feel that way about several of the mage skills though.

I think you're confusing it with the one that makes a patch of fire on the ground, conflagration I think. That one's fine IMO, I used it for quite a while in the teens. Inferno is the one like Death Grip, you stand in one spot and channel it in a direction for like.. worse than Death Grip damage and no upside? It's the 4th fire skill.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Supposedly they're going to be posting a bunch of class skill and monster changes this week, so I wouldn't get too hung up on it at the moment.

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!

Indecisive posted:

I think you're confusing it with the one that makes a patch of fire on the ground, conflagration I think.
Yeah you're right, I feel the exact same way you do about the real inferno spell.

I've seen people use it but mostly higher level players attack my castle and you can use basically anything and win easily enough if you're noticeably higher.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
I think we can all agree that the Nightmare Cage is functionally useless, particularly once you've got Thunderclap which does the same thing but in an AoE with damage and a debuff to magic resists.

Storm Armor also seems pretty meh; they should make it function to absorb magic damage or make a Storm Wall a'la the Shieldotron minions that can only take a certain amount of damage and lifetime before vanishing. Flameburst seems mediocre at best, maybe the low cooldown would be good paired with a high damage, slow attack speed staff.

The issue with Inferno is that it's a channelling spell so you are going to get your face wrecked. While Death Grip offsets this flaw by slowing enemies down and draining life to you, Inferno just has damage output, and the values aren't particularly impressive compared to other spells that you can use and then keep moving like Chain Lightning or Fireball.

Mo_Steel fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Mar 17, 2014

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!
You can interrupt deathgrip with a spell, flameburst has a longer animation.

I feel like Storm Armor should really be a passive - it doesn't last long, has a pretty long cooldown, and basically does nothing. poo poo, waste of a slot. Even if it were passive or had a longer duration it wouldn't be worth using an active slot for.

And Nightmare Cage is terrible.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Here's my current setup. I stuck everything into a cross room to make a series of cramped battlechambers

So far the previous less optimized version has beat a level 21 wizard 5 times, and nearly killed a level 22 knight (who used 3 potions). Hopefully this one will perform even better!

E: Logged in to +37 crowns from defense over 12 hours. Good so far!

Kylra fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Mar 18, 2014

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Indecisive posted:

I think you're confusing it with the one that makes a patch of fire on the ground, conflagration I think. That one's fine IMO, I used it for quite a while in the teens. Inferno is the one like Death Grip, you stand in one spot and channel it in a direction for like.. worse than Death Grip damage and no upside? It's the 4th fire skill.

Decided to look into this a bit more, the damage numbers for Inferno seem to be bugged. I did a quick test using a Shield-O-Tron:

1220 HP, 51% MR

My skillbar says Inferno does 70 DPS and that Death Grip does 126 DPS, but against this target it took 5.26 seconds to kill with Inferno and 15.32 seconds to kill with Death Grip. Accounting for MR the Defend-O-Tron has effective HP of 2392, so to clear that in 5.26 seconds or 15.32 seconds Inferno has to do 454 DPS and Death Grip has to do 156 DPS respectively. The DPS for Death Grip is close enough to have the skill screen value be an accurate average DPS, but the Inferno DPS shown is way lower than you actually get.

Comparatively speaking, with Death Bolt doing ~1200 damage on a long cooldown (and my normal attack doing ~275 DPS single target) the 454 DPS in a line of Inferno is actually pretty respectable for still being the level 1 version. I may start using it more with Vortex to clump up targets or after a Thunderclap while targets are stunned and weakened to magic damage.

Also, targets with the magic resist debuff from Lightning Spells will take that amount of debuff damage through shielding from Shield-O-Trons etc. It seems like about a 12% damage increase and your normal left-click attacks count as magic (for Mages obviously).

Mo_Steel fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Mar 18, 2014

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!
It's probably a tool-tip error, death grip for instance ticks pretty slowly. You can actually do extra damage with it by recasting which is kind of broken.

While it may say "damage per second" on inferno it's probably per-tick and it ticks fast.

Still not sure if it's a very good skill. If you can aim Fireball it's pretty much all you need most of the time.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

Kylra posted:

Here's my current setup. I stuck everything into a cross room to make a series of cramped battlechambers

So far the previous less optimized version has beat a level 21 wizard 5 times, and nearly killed a level 22 knight (who used 3 potions). Hopefully this one will perform even better!

E: Logged in to +37 crowns from defense over 12 hours. Good so far!

Cool looking set up, I'm still pretty new, mind if I add you as a friend so I can check it out with practice runs? I'm in as anadoob.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Check out this replay. I don't know what. I'll just let you watch it yourself rather than ruin the surprise. game://replay/start?attackId=532870485b9106161860fd65

To use that: copy the link, open your game, and ctrl-v. To make links, press ctrl-v while watching a replay. Post funny replays everyone!

TheChad posted:

Cool looking set up, I'm still pretty new, mind if I add you as a friend so I can check it out with practice runs? I'm in as anadoob.
Added you.

Also, patch stuff:

quote:

Patch Notes

BUGS
- Fixed a Castle Inventory UI bug with the Drag & Drop function
- Fixed a memory leak causing UI lag
- Fixed a crash triggered by deleting a Room with both wired and unwired Traps
- Fixed a Tutorial bug that allowed players to place too many Creatures

EXPLOIT
- Fixed an issue where players couldn’t get attacked if their Castle was below Level 5
- A user now cannot attack a PVP Castle if his own Castle is under Level 5

USER INTERFACE
- Selecting a Trap or Creature will display other Traps or Creatures’ footprints when hovering over them

What’s next?

Next week, we will release a new Pack for the game. Packs are like your weekly Patches, only monthly and bigger in size and features. What is going to be on the menu this month? We wouldn’t want to spoil anything, but the Runaway will definitely be happy about it. Also Pet lovers. And people that would like to be able to roll back their Castles to their previous validated states every now and then. And more!
Runaway buffs and pets collect loot next week. Maybe they'll do stuff with creatures too. Also this:

quote:

We are currently rethinking the entire relationship between Minions, Elites and Traps, and you will be updated in the upcoming weeks as we progress.

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!
Some guy just took 23 crowns from me, by only 2-starring (50%) which means he would have had to have gotten 46 crowns for 3-star. I don't understand that..

The most I've ever been able to get from somebody is 30, and he was actually higher level than me and has 250 more crowns.

Do you get more if you're in a higher league?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Tom Powers posted:

Some guy just took 23 crowns from me, by only 2-starring (50%) which means he would have had to have gotten 46 crowns for 3-star. I don't understand that..

The most I've ever been able to get from somebody is 30, and he was actually higher level than me and has 250 more crowns.

Do you get more if you're in a higher league?
I've been hovering around 600 oscillating between minion 1 and 2 and it seems to not make much difference. If you're not reading incorrectly you may want to bug report it. It should probably be single digits for a 3-star win if what you said is correct.

E: Did you get attacked by a lower level character they had?

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!

Kylra posted:

E: Did you get attacked by a lower level character they had?
I don't think so.

It wasn't a revenge either if that makes any difference.

How do I bug report?

Edit: Other people attacked me with similar stats and only got 2-3 crowns.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
Just ran into a really cool castle with a ton of the Floor Chomps through a long chain of bending hallways with Ballistic Turrets dispersed throughout to force you to keep moving; then once you got to the Boss Room it was crammed with a ton of flame traps that basically filled an entire chunk with death incarnate every couple seconds. It was a fun challenge while not being stupid boring Gel + Ballistic + Spring + Fire Bomb setups, and I wish I ran into such diversity more often.

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!

Mo_Steel posted:

stupid boring Gel + Ballistic + Spring + Fire Bomb setups, and I wish I ran into such diversity more often.
The problem is that diversity ATM doesn't really work to defend your castle.

But I've not had a defense that actually stops people for the last 2 levels so I guess I don't know what does.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Tom Powers posted:

How do I bug report?
At the bottom of the official forums is a bug report forum.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
:siren: Current Bug With Bosses :siren:

Boss Minions seem to be subject to a bug where they will briefly take double their normal Attack Tickets when you damage them. For example, in my level 21 castle boss room the Soft Cap is 46 tickets and the Hard Cap is 57 tickets. I have a Mr. Firesly (28 tickets) and 7 Derps (7 tickets combined) for a total of 35 tickets. When I enter the room and Firesly spots me, they all get their tickets fine and move to attack me.

When I hit Firesly, he takes another 28 tickets for a moment, totalling 56 tickets for him. 1 Derp keeps a ticket, the rest lose their tickets and begin to flee.

Importantly they regain their tickets almost immediately and will begin to try to attack again if I don't hit Firesly again. This bug only seems to happen with Boss Minions and not for packs of Elites or normal minions.

Another player spotted it here and I've managed to duplicate it in validation testing.

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000
The vortex stun does not move larger minions as far as smaller minions, is this correct? I've been trying different setups on my mage, and am having trouble hitting multiple larger monsters with a fireball after a vortex, to the point where I always go back to my slow and steady death bolt/death grip/dash/thunderclap(long aoe stun.)

Going to recreate the floor chomp/ballistic setup, still trying to figure out what to end it with. Probs just going to be a springboard into gelatin surrounded by zekes and a Pete Poundmore set to charge.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Shuka posted:

The vortex stun does not move larger minions as far as smaller minions, is this correct? I've been trying different setups on my mage, and am having trouble hitting multiple larger monsters with a fireball after a vortex, to the point where I always go back to my slow and steady death bolt/death grip/dash/thunderclap(long aoe stun.)

Going to recreate the floor chomp/ballistic setup, still trying to figure out what to end it with. Probs just going to be a springboard into gelatin surrounded by zekes and a Pete Poundmore set to charge.

Not sure, though I do know that Thunderclaps stun lasts a shorter time depending on the minion tier (shortest to longest stun time: Bosses - Elites - Normal). Wouldn't surprise me if Vortex does the same.

a!n
Apr 26, 2013

Shuka posted:

Fireball has a very small AoE. You can pretty much only hit monsters who are right on top of each other. You have to set up the vortex so it pulls the monsters you want to fireball into the right place.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Since it's of interest to some people, they are planning to revise the crown system, and probably do a crown reset once they figure out what they want to do with it.

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000
I don't have a problem with the crown system, but I also do not have a ton of experience with it either. If someone wants to run my castle 5 times then by all means. I unsuccessfully ran a castle a few times because the XP was good and I was very close to leveling. On that topic, what do you guys do to level? I usually run the boss castle for XP.

Trying out different defenses, right now I run bite traps, ballistic cannons, springboards with 4-5 monster pockets and it seems to break even. Knights and archers had no problem with my previous zeke-topia, now it seems mages are the most successful. Its very disheartening to watch a replay and see that the reason people lose to my castle is because they clearly must be drunk or something.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Shuka posted:

I don't have a problem with the crown system, but I also do not have a ton of experience with it either. If someone wants to run my castle 5 times then by all means. I unsuccessfully ran a castle a few times because the XP was good and I was very close to leveling. On that topic, what do you guys do to level? I usually run the boss castle for XP.
I pretty much always just run player castles. My potion reservoir page isn't nearly deep enough and all my creatures aren't upgraded. Gotta get those loots.

Hoping someone still has a chicken farm up that I run into one of these times, but no luck yet.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I've made a dungeon that has a horribly cramped and impossible to get to without dying gold mine down the left corridor. The player can just choose to take a right turn and get a two star finish. For some reason almost everyone takes a left turn and dies horribly resulting in large crown profits for me. Hooray!

Also due to mob aggro mechanics throne rooms are the only room that counts in this game really. You can just skip by anything else and head right there. It's kinda dumb especially since it costs a ton of defense points to fortify your throne room properly.

If any room in someone's castle is difficult I skip it altogether and pull all the mobs into the safest room in their dungeon. I've tried to make my mobs not follow players into other rooms using hamster wheel traps but that only kinda works. If the throne room is too dicey you just kite all the mobs to the drawbridge room. The fact that this strategy trivializes every single dungeon design in the game means the game is broken.

In other news Zeke is a really dumb but not so dumb considering I just kite him to someone's throne room and have plenty of room to dodge! Thanks dumb game mechanics and low defense point spending caps!

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Mar 23, 2014

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Extra posted:

I've made a dungeon that has a horribly cramped and impossible to get to without dying gold mine down the left corridor. The player can just choose to take a right turn and get a two star finish. For some reason almost everyone takes a left turn and dies horribly resulting in large crown profits for me. Hooray!

Also due to mob aggro mechanics throne rooms are the only room that counts in this game really. You can just skip by anything else and head right there. It's kinda dumb especially since it costs a ton of defense points to fortify your throne room properly.

If any room in someone's castle is difficult I skip it altogether and pull all the mobs into the safest room in their dungeon. I've tried to make my mobs not follow players into other rooms using hamster wheel traps but that only kinda works. If the throne room is too dicey you just kite all the mobs to the drawbridge room. The fact that this strategy trivializes every single dungeon design in the game means the game is broken.

In other news Zeke is a really dumb but not so dumb considering I just kite him to someone's throne room and have plenty of room to dodge! Thanks dumb game mechanics and low defense point spending caps!

Yeah, the aggro / attack ticket system needs some reworking along with minion behavior. It's not intuitive to new players how attack tickets work, for one thing, and it's not particularly fun to fight against either. Additionally, the option to set minions to not be pulled out of their rooms but still be considered active so people can't just leave the castle would be a good thing. They should also probably raise the drawbridge at the start once you've left that screen; I do kite there sometimes but it does reduce the challenge of the castle for sure.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Is there any creativity to be had in making packs of mobs? It just seems picking blobs of Zeke + Skull + Defend-o-Tron for Ranged/Heals/Def Buff is the way to go at least around 10-20. Mix in some obnoxious traps and cramped rooms for a dungeon raider blender.

Also is it me or is placing a boss pretty pointless unless you use them in a castle of the same level you unlocked the boss at? Like if you just got the new research facility to make that boss or the upgraded version of that boss it's worth it to place it. Otherwise after a level or two bosses just become trivial to kill especially considering they take up so many tickets that you're not under fire from zekes while trying to fight Mr. Froggie King. The steep progression curve seems to negate a lot of defensive strategies, I suppose it forces you to use the newest stuff you unlocked and constantly redesign your dungeon though.

e: Yeah at level 12-13 I just kinda stand in front of Firesly, cast inferno in his face and win. His melee DPS is poop.

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Mar 24, 2014

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Extra posted:

Is there any creativity to be had in making packs of mobs? It just seems picking blobs of Zeke + Skull + Defend-o-Tron for Ranged/Heals/Def Buff is the way to go at least around 10-20. Mix in some obnoxious traps and cramped rooms for a dungeon raider blender.

Also is it me or is placing a boss pretty pointless unless you use them in a castle of the same level you unlocked the boss at? Like if you just got the new research facility to make that boss or the upgraded version of that boss it's worth it to place it. Otherwise after a level or two bosses just become trivial to kill especially considering they take up so many tickets that you're not under fire from zekes while trying to fight Mr. Froggie King. The steep progression curve seems to negate a lot of defensive strategies, I suppose it forces you to use the newest stuff you unlocked and constantly redesign your dungeon though.

e: Yeah at level 12-13 I just kinda stand in front of Firesly, cast inferno in his face and win. His melee DPS is poop.

The best bosses are the ones that are annoying for a certain class to fight (Frog Boss is pretty annoying to mages) or Stuns so traps / other minions can hurt people generally. One thing that is important to note is that Bosses are completely unaffected by traps; I've been messing with a new setup for my castle that seems if not challenging at least entertaining to watch people bounce back and forth. I filled it to the brim with Hamster Wheels, which the boss can just completely ignore at his pleasure while raining spit on the few areas not covered in wheels that the player can stand in.

The downside is that I only have enough defense points to do that in 4 small corner rooms, but I got a few compliments on a similar setup without anything in the boss room and 5 rooms earlier so the revision might be for the best. Feel free to add me and give it a try, I'm in as Mo_Steel.

As for general minion packs, there are a few problems with game balance. First is that a ton of attacks stun the piss out of weak monster packs, so a horde of Derps is by itself pretty useless. If you pair them with a creature that can stun (Cyclops) and a springboard though, a pack of 20 Derps doing Headbutts and a Cyclops smash will do some ridiculous damage, like borderline fire bomb trap levels to my mage (probably a lot less effective against Knights). Some minions are great supporters: Smelly Archers with the bear traps can cause serious problems in a crowded room where it's difficult to see them, Pete's do a lot of damage if they can hit a few punches in a row, etc.

My favorite current minion combination is Roboshieldotron + Jimbo once your tickets can support those two together at level 20 (before then you could instead do Jimbo + Defendotron + 7 more tickets so maybe a Cyclops or a Smelly Archer). Jimbo does some really solid physical damage with normal attacks; the big powerful swings skill is another option but it's slower and thus easier to dodge, and the shielder gives him more time to wail on the player especially if they can't kite away easily.

None of these combos are as good at obliterating players not used to them yet as what you mentioned though, and players love nothing more than to duplicate what kills them either for profit or to figure out how to get past it by watching others, so it leads to a lot of castles running duplicate setups. I've lost count of how many gel + ballistic + spring + fire bomb trap castles I've run into, sometimes being that and only that followed by a boss room clogged with as many units as possible, other times with an entire empty castle hooked up to it.

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!
They've added a new system called Targetted Attack.

Instead of being able to practice on most anyone's castle,* you now have to consume a Targetted Attack (I Think you can hold 5 of them, you probably get 1 every 4-5 hours) and you can attack anyone you want any time for full credit. Probably doesn't ignore shields but it doesn't look like you get nerfed drops.

I don't think I like this change.

*This replaces practices, so you don't have to "Targetted attack" revenges, or castles in a region you find at random. But you can't practice on friends or people on the leaderboards.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

patch: https://www.themightyquest.com/en/blog/pack-development-update-5

A long list of needed Runaway buffs, the targeted attacks and these:

quote:

Main features :

- Castle Rollback
- Pets
- Pets for sale in gold can only be bought once.
- Pets pick up Loot, life force and gold during Attacks
- You can select what quality of items your pets pick up in the Options menu.
- No PvP attacks until castle level 5

Bug Fixes :

- Fix a bug where it was possible to power a trap outside the powering zone with the tweaking tool.
- Fix a bug where the corpse was difficult to select when placed over a trap.
- Fixed a bug that caused the highlight that should appear when selecting the power supply of a trap to be invisible.
- Fixed a bug where you could select entities behind visible walls.
Castle rollback resets your castle to the last validated state.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Anyone still playing this? I just started, and it seems pretty fun, but the way aggro caps work is pretty infuriating, defense wise, at lower levels. It seems impossible to create a decent group of mobs at lower levels.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

ToastyPotato posted:

Anyone still playing this? I just started, and it seems pretty fun, but the way aggro caps work is pretty infuriating, defense wise, at lower levels. It seems impossible to create a decent group of mobs at lower levels.

You have to combine it with traps. Spring boards, hampster wheels and cannons can by used in conjunction with archers and charge dudes to create a really intense room.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

ToastyPotato posted:

You have to combine it with traps. Spring boards, hampster wheels and cannons can by used in conjunction with archers and charge dudes to create a really intense room.

E: Here is my current layout. The design of the first room really hasn't changed much since maybe level 3. Those are tar traps. I get a bunch of people that hit that springboard on the way in and get crushed.

e2: well somehow that post edit went horribly wrong

Lorem ipsum fucked around with this message at 07:26 on May 3, 2014

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Yeah it seems like you pretty much NEED some kind of trap funnel because mobs on their own barely accomplish anything unless the player is new to the game or too low level. I think the problem is that early on it is too easy to out level mobs and with aggro tickets being so low, you can't make up for it with larger groups that have good synergy. It feels like you are perpetually unable to make the mobs in your castle the proper level because the upgrade is locked behind a level wall as well. So you end up with a bunch of under leveled mobs and there is nothing you can do about it. You can upgrade certain mobs once and a while, but then you are constantly having to switch mobs out because they are way too low of a level.

Personally, I would overhaul the way mob leveling works so that mobs scaled with the castle level automatically, while research points give them additional buffs. But I'd still prefer a change to aggro tickets as well.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
Sometimes to helps to skip a few levels of castle as in upgrade it but don't validate it. That way you limit the number of times you redesign it.

battle
Dec 20, 2013

i remeber back in the closed beta that there was quite a few OP creeps you could encounter, however from what i see that changed and i might take a peek again soon, however have the game become completly trap based now? instead of slowing ppl down with annoying monsters placed at important choke points?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Looking at other people's builds on Youtube and other places it definitely seems like trap heavy is the way to go. Traps, bottlenecks, and carefully placed mobs that amplify the traps. I hope they actually get around to figuring out a good balance of things, but I don't have much hope. It's a shame because the game is a great concept.

Judas Iscaredycat
Mar 14, 2013
Some of the most recent changes are interesting, but there are a lot of new problems now. There are visual bugs everywhere and the reduction in health orb drops (while mostly a good change) has made the Runaway even less viable. Oh, and forging new items is another gold drain on top of well-defended castles being even more difficult to get through, which further imbalances the already wonky gold/life force economy the game has going. I don't know, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Judas Iscaredycat posted:

Some of the most recent changes are interesting, but there are a lot of new problems now. There are visual bugs everywhere and the reduction in health orb drops (while mostly a good change) has made the Runaway even less viable. Oh, and forging new items is another gold drain on top of well-defended castles being even more difficult to get through, which further imbalances the already wonky gold/life force economy the game has going. I don't know, man.

With no changes to the way AI works, or monster scaling and balance, it still means that the leveling experience is still going to be pretty boring, and defending your castle at lower levels still frustrating and barely fun.

• Locked thread