Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who would be better in an ROH ring?
This poll is closed.
Bobby Lashley 29 26.13%
Hulk Hogan 37 33.33%
Tanahashi 11 9.91%
Okada 34 30.63%
Total: 111 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
I ordered upper balcony GA off the ROH website. I got my email receipt but uh it doesn't say how the tickets are delivered. Do they mail them, or do I pick-up at the venue, or...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Require More Fire posted:

I ordered upper balcony GA off the ROH website. I got my email receipt but uh it doesn't say how the tickets are delivered. Do they mail them, or do I pick-up at the venue, or...?

They should mail them, but call them first

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

They'll mail them, they only do pickup if you order within a week of the event date

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Zyla posted:

I have no clue how I'm going to get there or get back, but it is what it is.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Call Me Charlie posted:

It's really poorly edited/sequenced but the story rises above all that.

That's what I gathered from the previews/clips on his website.

Also, super pumped for NYC. My better half got us tickets and a hostel room booked. Now all we need to do is get bus tickets.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

I got mine in the mail today.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

I've basically never been to NYC besides driving through it once, if someone has suggestions for hostels and such I'd love a pm.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Zyla posted:

I've basically never been to NYC besides driving through it once, if someone has suggestions for hostels and such I'd love a pm.

what this person said, all I was going on was that link someone posted last thread.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

The only hostel in Manhattan I'm familiar with is the HI one at the corner of Amsterdam and W 104th.

Rates are reasonable and it's an easy subway ride to the arena.

There's plenty of hostels in Brooklyn which would be less convient but still easily accessed by subway and would be a lot easier if you drive.

I stayed at a hostel in Williamsburg last year and had no problem finding free parking. I *think* it may have been this one but I'm not sure There's a bunch though, this was a spur of a moment thing for me after a New England trip and I walked to a second one close by after the first one I found was full. Williamsburg is a cool neighborhood and I spent the night there before taking the subway to Manhattan the next day.

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005
Man Ive fallen off so hard from ROH, ckuld I get a Cliff's notes version of the big angles that are happening nowadays? I understand that NJPW stars are coming over, but what else is happening?

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006

Thauros posted:

I stayed at a hostel in Williamsburg last year and had no problem finding free parking. I *think* it may have been this one but I'm not sure

That is the one I've been leaning towards, per your suggestion. 24-hour reception and storage is a big deal since I plan getting into town by 9am.

I keep forgetting that this over two months away, but the over-planner in me wants to figure out my schedule for the day as far ahead as possible. What time are you guys actually getting in line give that most of us have lower GA tickets? Also, that La Lucha place someone posted near the end of the last place looks great.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
I'm loving glad I don't have to drive to this. I only drove once in NYC and wanted to kill myself. I can just hop a train to Penn and walk over to the Manhattan Center.

With that said, I've never been to a wrestling show in the Hammerstein. Photos make it look like the upper balcony will still be a good view, is that the case?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Kikkoman posted:

Man Ive fallen off so hard from ROH, ckuld I get a Cliff's notes version of the big angles that are happening nowadays? I understand that NJPW stars are coming over, but what else is happening?

They're not really storyline heavy right now.

Jimmy Jacobs, Roderick Strong, and BJ Whitmer have formed a new heel stable called the Decade since they've stuck around the company for 10 years and are pissed at guys like Hero and Styles who have just recently returned to big pops.

Adam Cole's the heel champ and his main rivals are Kevin Steen, Michael Elgin, and Jay Briscoe. Jay Briscoe was the last champ before he got stripped due to injury/contract reasons and he has his own custom belt which he defends as the "Real World Championship".

On the lower end of the card, ex tv champ Matt Taven turned face and seems to be set to feud with Silas Young who's now managed by Taven's old manager Truth Martini.

RD Evans has a heel lawyer gimmick and is on a winning streak where his matches usually end in bullshit or DQs.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Thauros posted:

They're not really storyline heavy right now.

Jimmy Jacobs, Roderick Strong, and BJ Whitmer have formed a new heel stable called the Decade since they've stuck around the company for 10 years and are pissed at guys like Hero and Styles who have just recently returned to big pops.

Adam Cole's the heel champ and his main rivals are Kevin Steen, Michael Elgin, and Jay Briscoe. Jay Briscoe was the last champ before he got stripped due to injury/contract reasons and he has his own custom belt which he defends as the "Real World Championship".

On the lower end of the card, ex tv champ Matt Taven turned face and seems to be set to feud with Silas Young who's now managed by Taven's old manager Truth Martini.

RD Evans has a heel lawyer gimmick and is on a winning streak where his matches usually end in bullshit or DQs.

To add, Cole's mentor is Matt Hardy because it's cheap heel heat. They seem to be aligned with Mike Bennett and Maria now, but that's not completely established yet.

They seem to be casually building to a big Tomasso Ciampa-Jay Lethal match as Lethal keeps chasing the TV title and getting really big momentum in multi-man matches before he gets derailed by circumstances.

There's a program building between Cedric Alexander and Roderick Strong. What they've done so far has been quite good and I have no reason to believe they won't inevitably put on a very good match.

As Thauros said, it's not very storyline heavy at the moment but the work has been good and getting progressively better as the young guys come into their own.

The Tag Team division is in shambles right now though. Outlaw Inc. is old and botchy. Kingston is a legit nutjob and Homicide has been fairly unsafe lately. Adrenaline Rush (ACH & Tadarius Thomas) is good but they jobbed them out for so long that people don't really believe they have a shot at winning. They're also hurt by the fact that ACH is 1000x more over than Thomas and it kills the dynamic in their matches. It would be nice to see them add some new teams. Apparently that team with Bill Daly and that other trainee has promise. It would be nice to see them bring in Monster Mafia (Ethan Page and Josh Alexander) more regularly and get Country Jacked together in ROH (a PWX team of Adam Page and Corey Hollis. Page is under contract but Hollis is by appearance IIRC). The only regular immediate threat is probably Jacobs and Whitmer.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Thauros posted:

Weird. I loved the House of Truth as a unit, I'm not sure Taven as a face will really do much for me. Guess I'll have to see.

Does Truth still have the girls with him? Them playing of Silas could be funny.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

triplexpac posted:

Weird. I loved the House of Truth as a unit, I'm not sure Taven as a face will really do much for me. Guess I'll have to see.

Does Truth still have the girls with him? Them playing of Silas could be funny.

Truth kicked them to the curb in Pittsburgh so I assume they're doing their own thing now.

Taven's actually grown on me as a worker but he's going nowhere with that Pauly Shore haircut.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I think 90% of why I liked the House of Truth was their entrance. It was something different for ROH, I'm a big fan of anyone who doesn't use sludgy unintelligible metal like the rest of the roster.

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
The Hoopla will always live on in my heart :unsmith:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Am I the only one who finds Adam Cole's theme pretty awesome? Why does it have so many dislikes? :confused:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXjOP0mBOas

Dat bass.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Am I the only one who finds Adam Cole's theme pretty awesome? Why does it have so many dislikes? :confused:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXjOP0mBOas

Dat bass.

that is in fact one of the best roh themes period

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
It sounds like a Yeah Yeah Yeahs B-side.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
It's no "Get ready for the Hoopla!"

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I like Ciampa's whole entrance, honestly. The music, the lights, the crowd generally being ready for violence, etc...

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
ROH's entrances are better than they have been since they had to start respecting copyright law. It's been half a decade.

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
Heh, well, the plot thickens: a friend of mine who hadn't really expressed any interest in going to the Manhattan show suddenly turned on a dime and is really all about it. What do you think we are looking at for a scalped lower balcony ticket?

Edit: if he is hosed, that's fine. Can't pussyfoot around about this poo poo.

ExplodeYourself fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Mar 5, 2014

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

If a friend of mine is unable to make it, I have an extra ticket I'll sell for face value.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
If bell time is 7:30, what's a good time to show up for GA seats?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

5-6.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

It depends. ROH usually has a couple of the stars for autographs and merch. If you pay attention to the website they will put all this information up.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy

bobkatt013 posted:

It depends. ROH usually has a couple of the stars for autographs and merch. If you pay attention to the website they will put all this information up.

That's about what I was thinking, cool. Seriously looking forward to this show.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

when did roh stop using rainbow colored tickets

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

John Cena posted:

when did roh stop using rainbow colored tickets

When they brought in AJ Styles, I imagine

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BlueArmyMan posted:

When they brought in AJ Styles, I imagine

:golfclap:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

young bucks captured the roh tag titles.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Mar 9, 2014

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Hanson owns

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

oatgan posted:

Hanson owns

That moonsault...

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Fsmhunk posted:

That moonsault...

I want to see a fat man moonsault.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

John Cena posted:

About goddamned time.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

John Cena posted:

I wonder if the Bucks worked face?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Looking forward to a Solo push for O'Reilly and I'll be interested to see if they'll give Fish a solo push.

• Locked thread