Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Humble X-Files Bundle
https://www.humblebundle.com/books

X-Files Classics vol 1-4
X-Files Classics: Season One vol 1-2
X-Files: Season Ten vol 1-5

bunch of other stuff

Uthor fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Nov 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The original Quantum and Woody run by Priest was great. But it's not really tied to anything anymore and the Q2 revival series by the same team is total garbage. All the new stuff is great (Quantum and Woody 1-12, Goat 0, Valiant Sized, Must Die, Delinquents).

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
'Quantum and Woody' is better than Shadowman and Dead Drop, but the series as a whole still doesn't stack up to the amazing quality of Valiant's other series IMO. It is still with picking up if you are a fan of Valiant.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Uthor posted:

Humble X-Files Bundle
https://www.humblebundle.com/books

X-Files Classics vol 1-4
X-Files Classics: Season One vol 1-2
X-Files: Season Ten vol 1-5

bunch of other stuff

Sweet! I got the first Season Ten volume a while back and really enjoyed it; they've got the voices of the characters down pretty well and the stories are pretty fun. The new mytharc seems a lot more compelling than where the show left it too.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

zoux posted:

Where's my goddamn Alias sale, JJ is out on Friday!

bobkatt013 posted:

I assume it will be Thursday and all weekend.

Bingo! But it actually ends on the 28th!

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Rirse posted:

Bingo! But it actually ends on the 28th!

Very nice! I think I'm in the minority and didn't really like Pulse, but the original MAX series is gold.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.comixology.com/Frank-Miller-Sale/page/8871?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw

https://www.comixology.com/Garth-Ennis-Sale/page/8873?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL3NtYWxsQ2Fyb3VzZWw

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
People are going to ask whether the boys is any good, and goddamn if I haven't read half the series and I'm not quite sure myself.

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon

LordPants posted:

People are going to ask whether the boys is any good, and goddamn if I haven't read half the series and I'm not quite sure myself.

I loved the series. And he pulls off a good ending, which isn't always a guarantee with Garth Ennis.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Man, unless the Year 1, DK1, and DK2 collections have a ton of extra material in them, it makes no sense at all to get them over the single issues.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

DC will be running a Buy One Get One Free (if it's over three months old) deal on Monday.
http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/11/20/dc-digital-announces-blockbuster-cyber-monday-sale

quote:

DC DIGITAL ANNOUNCES BLOCKBUSTER CYBER MONDAY SALE

For The First Time Ever, Digital Comics Will Be Buy 1 Get 1 Free*

DC Digital Comics will be part of the annual shopping event this holiday season with their FIRST EVER buy one get one free sale during Cyber Monday! For one day only on November 30th, and exclusively on comiXology and ReadDCEntertainment.com, all e-books and periodicals over 90 days old will be available as buy one get one free of equal or lesser value. From graphic novels to digital firsts, this is a can’t-miss event for comic fans!

Check out the vast list of titles available at comiXolgy’s DC Comics page.

*Some exclusions may apply

e: I'll leave this note here to remind myself to buy up Starman, Hitman and JLI :)

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Nov 24, 2015

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Teenage Fansub posted:

DC will be running a Buy One Get One Free (if it's over three months old) deal on Monday.
http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/11/20/dc-digital-announces-blockbuster-cyber-monday-sale

Well there goes a poo poo ton of money

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

LordPants posted:

The middle was a slog. It starts off making fun of supes, then just keeps doing it and getting meaner for no reason, then pivots to attacking the military industrial complex and gets interesting again.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Teenage Fansub posted:

gently caress. Bye bye money I was putting back for omnis.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I hope that Vertigo is included in that. I remember when Marvel did its buy one get one free Icon was not included.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.
Does anyone know if Marvel Unlimited usually runs any deal for Black Friday?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Soylentbits posted:

Does anyone know if Marvel Unlimited usually runs any deal for Black Friday?

It's 20% off an annual sub 24th - 30th
http://marvel.com/CyberWeek2015?PR=112415&cid=MUCYBERWEEK15

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Oh perfect. I just assumed any discount would actually be on the day. Thanks!

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Image Comics Black Friday sale (use code "IMAGE" for 50% off select issues). Includes Savage Dragon and Spawn.
https://www.comixology.com/Image-Sale/page/8917

Spider-Verse sale.
https://www.comixology.com/comics-sale?list_id=9183&lang=1

Marvel Black Friday Collections sale.
https://www.comixology.com/comics-sale?list_id=9082&lang=1

Jessica Jones sale.
https://www.comixology.com/comics-sale?list_id=8990&lang=1

EDIT: There's a ton of Dark Horse on sale, too. Pages and pages of stuff.

Uthor fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Nov 25, 2015

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Fantagraphics Usagi Yojimbo on sale!!

Spaseman
Aug 26, 2007

I'm a Securitron
RobCo security model 2060-B.
If you ever see any of my brothers tell them Victor says howdy.
Fallen Rib
I've never bought comics digitally before but I've heard enough good things about Rat Queens and Saga that I figure this big sale is a good time to buy.

But can anyone explain why the collected editions of some volumes are a little more expensive than buying the individual issues? Is it just a pricing fluke from the sale? Or do the collections have bonus stuff that the individual issues don't?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Spaseman posted:

I've never bought comics digitally before but I've heard enough good things about Rat Queens and Saga that I figure this big sale is a good time to buy.

But can anyone explain why the collected editions of some volumes are a little more expensive than buying the individual issues? Is it just a pricing fluke from the sale? Or do the collections have bonus stuff that the individual issues don't?

Sometimes it's the latter, but often it's because they can't undercut the price on collections in the same way as the singles because bricks and mortar stores can sell trades almost indefinitely.

Some publishers also make volume 1 cheaper as a taster, also.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

drat the one image series I want to get ain't on sale and that's Fatale

Spaseman
Aug 26, 2007

I'm a Securitron
RobCo security model 2060-B.
If you ever see any of my brothers tell them Victor says howdy.
Fallen Rib
So if I find that a trade I want to buy is more expensive than buying the individual issues I should just buy the issues correct?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Spaseman posted:

So if I find that a trade I want to buy is more expensive than buying the individual issues I should just buy the issues correct?

Unless the trade has extras you really want, or you're anal enough that the idea of having to click 'next issue' bugs you, yes.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I hate having trades and single issues in the same series. I used to be so reckless with purchases.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Oh for gently caress's... I bought Alias and The Pulse from the Marvel section of the Comixology site. But because Alias is a mature title, I can't download it on their app. In fact, you'd think Pulse is the first appearance of Jessica from the app's listings. I have to use the normal Comixology app. Yet Vertigo stuff on the DC app is fine. I don't get it. Like, shouldn't you want your readers to use YOUR app for all their reading, so their experience is controlled regarding your brand?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm not sure why anyone would use the DC/Marvel apps at all anyway instead of the Comixology app.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

X-O posted:

I'm not sure why anyone would use the DC/Marvel apps at all anyway instead of the Comixology app.

I am not anal enough to care about single issues mixing with trades in my digital funnybooks, but I do have a massive amount of storage on my tab, and it's easier to organise if only non-Big Two stuff is in the main app,. Also handy if you're reading multiple things at the same time.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

hadji murad posted:

I hate having trades and single issues in the same series. I used to be so reckless with purchases.

I don't have a lot of trades, but I'm definitely mixing PDF downloads (from Image before they had DRM-free on comiXology and from Humble Bundle) with comiXology purchases. If I wanna read, say, Lazarus, I gotta download the PDFs of the first 7 issues, then I can switch to comiXology for the rest.

Dsmif
Sep 4, 2014

I asked Comixolgy support if there was any way to view HD comics in the web browser. Below is what they came back with.

Comixolgy Support posted:

Not at this time, though it is something we are looking into.

Thanks!
- Pat

I'd still prefer a dedicated windows app, but the web browser isn't too bad.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Have you used the old Windows app? Because, trust me, you don't want that.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

bobkatt013 posted:

drat the one image series I want to get ain't on sale and that's Fatale

There are two high quality deluxe hardcovers that you're supposed to buy.

Dsmif
Sep 4, 2014

Uthor posted:

Have you used the old Windows app? Because, trust me, you don't want that.

Yeah, I have used that piece of poo poo. I was hoping that since windows 10 seems to be more popular than windows 8 that they would release an updated app more inline with the android and ios apps, but instead they've cancelled the windows app entirely.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Teenage Fansub posted:

e: I'll leave this note here to remind myself to buy up Starman, Hitman and JLI :)

So if I buy a 16,99 dollar book, I can get another of the same price for free?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Kurtofan posted:

So if I buy a 16,99 dollar book, I can get another of the same price for free?

Yes

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Also, the Dark Horse sale applies to EVERYTHING. Including new releases.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Really annoyed that the Kodansha sale is only volume 1s, even if it was a smaller discount I'd still be irritated but I might of gotten more of Attack on Titan.
On the other hand the Dark Horse sale is cool, I picked out a few things just since they seemed interesting. Though I kind of wish they'd organised the sale so all the really huge series like Buffy were separated out. Also get Mind Mgmt, Lady Killer is pretty good fun too for the price.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Don't suppose anyone knows if Boom is going to have a sale?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Anime_Otaku posted:

Really annoyed that the Kodansha sale is only volume 1s, even if it was a smaller discount I'd still be irritated but I might of gotten more of Attack on Titan.
On the other hand the Dark Horse sale is cool, I picked out a few things just since they seemed interesting. Though I kind of wish they'd organised the sale so all the really huge series like Buffy were separated out. Also get Mind Mgmt, Lady Killer is pretty good fun too for the price.

It's a good time to get Lady Killer, too. There's another run due early next year.