Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin
Not sure if this is the correct thread to ask this, but when I buy physical comics that come with digital codes, I redeem them and read them on my tablet. I usually let a few pile up before I redeem them in bulk. I have a copy of Avengers Annual #1 and when I peeled back the sticker to get at the code, most of the code stayed stuck to the sticker and it's totally unreadable. I've e-mailed Marvel support twice over the past month and they haven't responded. Am I SOL, or do they usually take a long time to respond?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Free copy of Superior Ironman #1 with code: SUPERIOR.
Details here: https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/629665303325085696

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Medullah posted:

I see there's a bunch of new comic reader apps out there since the last time I asked so figured I'd ask again. Any recommendations for an Android app that can catalogue the comics I have and keep track of whether or not I've read them? Needs to be able to either "stream" the books from a network share or OneDrive. Doesn't need to be fancy, doesn't need to be free. I'd just like to read the billion humble bundle books I've got without having to remember where I left off.

ComicRack is what I use. There is server software you install on your PC to catalog your collection. The App can stream the comics that are in your library.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Medullah posted:

Last time I tried ComicRack it only let you "Sync" your collection, copying everything from your computer to your tablet. Now it can read directly off the network? Will give it another shot, thanks!

I don't use the server feature, so I may be mis-remembering how it works.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/877897472026198016

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

My smaller local public library system only allows us four Hoopla checkouts per month, but a friend elsewhere in the state gets nine checkouts through his library.

Wow. I just checked and my library allows 20 checkouts a month. Huh.

Thanks!

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

IUG posted:

But I could have sworn I saw someone on here say that there's a utility that will just skim your cache or something to get you CBRs from your collection.

This is the one that I use: https://github.com/Cortys/comic-backup

Kind of a pain to set up and it takes a while to scan through your comics, but it works. I just use it to backup my purchases, but it does have the annoying problem of marking each comic it scans as "Read" in your collection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Mods please change my name to "Pig-Dog Of The Wastelands".