Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

spacejung posted:

The anime upskirt crap was as ridiculous as it gets, but at least it has a plot that builds to some kind of resolution. How many of the original N52 titles can you say that about?

I Vampire, Dial H, and ??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Comic characters could never do anything to help society!
http://mentalfloss.com/article/23157/how-superman-defeated-ku-klux-klan

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Mr. Maltose posted:

Ah yes, because a bad thing has always been bad it must never be changed because that's the way it has to be. It's essential to the character. Post as many bad designs for Starfire as you want, you can't make your position on this correct.

He is right a lovely character is always a lovely character. There is no way that a character can change and get away from its lovely origins! I mean you could never take a sub par Batman knockoff and his sidekick and make him a very interesting character!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

^^ You are giving editorial way way to much credit here.

Mr. Maltose posted:

Poor Captain Marvel, every issue has to revist the time she married her own space-baby. If only we could move past, but it's Essential To The Character.

Why must the Question always be an objectivist, and not have a zen like philosophy?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Really? DC's micromanagement is well known and unless Lobdell has some incriminating photos on Harras I'm guessing he still needs to comply at its demands.

Actually, the whole topic of what is essential to a character is really interesting as is the fandom reaction to the character changes.

^ Take it with a grain of salt if you want but I do know for a fact than Lobdell was taken off RHATO the first time because Editorial didn't liked his work.

Yeah but that is on its big characters. You can bet he could do basically anything he wants on this title since its a low selling title. I also do not think that they demand that they read all his scripts before they are sent to the artist. I assume that Roy will be removed from the title soon and sent over to Green Arrow, as he is becoming a major part of the show and will want him under Lemmire's pen.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Yeah, actually I think than that's the best format for this series: short 3-issues arcs with the team having adventures. Made Jason the 'Indiana Jones' of the batfamily always globe-trotting with his pals beating bad guys, shooting the poo poo with, I don't know, Constantine over a cold beer, recovering relics and only being in Gotham when he's called.

I would love for Jason Todd to be friends with Constantine.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

quote:

And while Roy had been defined more than once by his moments of weakness through his addiction to alcohol, we met an Arsenal that had never fallen off the wagon, in part because of the world's most unexpected AA sponsor.

I am pretty sure alcohol was not his weapon of choice. If only he had a world famous cover to look at.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Oh you're talking about issue 1 and 2, first is true than the timeline isn't that all clear but that was lazy editors. The sequence is like this:

*They save Roy and spend three days on the islan when Jason is contacted by Essence and told about the All-caste. When this is happening Roy and Kory are in the infamous scene, first thing in the morning Jason goes or his gear and founds Roy and Kory.

*Roy catch up with Jason and the both of them catch a plane to Hong Kong where Jason gets Isabel's number while Kory flies ahead to procure transport for them on Hong Kong.

*On the limo than Kory's got is when Roy wants to talk about whatever happened and is shut by Jason and Kory. They arrive at the clube where Jason set up his safe house and is when he says the sheets comment at Roy just to be a smartass. Here's also when Jason hurts Suzie Zu and her goons

*We cut to a few hours later when Jason and Roy are on a chopper to get at the All-Caste, Kory flies by her own but catch with them in time to give Roy a lift. Jason found the massacre and after paying his respects finally accepts Roy and Kory as a team.

About your other points, Roy only brings the issue with Jason two times, one on the plane and on the limo and Kory while sometimes it stays on the background never acts like a scared girl, bails the guys a few times (not counting the first issue, one on issue 3, another on issue 5 and the last one on issue 7) and I think she only comes off like a priviliged princess on her monologues.

But yes, Lobdell really needs a better editor.

Yes the editor makes it so the writing is unable to show the correct passage of time. If only he has been doing this for over 20 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Senor Candle posted:

Yeah you basically described the editors job. Make sure everything works.

I would see that as more of the writers job. They would be the one who writes the thing that happens.

• Locked thread