Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Was Taters posted:

I have an equal passion for how terrible that loving RHATO book was long before Tynion got his hands on it, does that count? As a female comics reader, it makes me want to sew my vagina closed.

On the other hand, it's nice to know there's a comic for everyone, and someone for every comic.

I feel like there's a lot of money to be made off of this sentence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Waterhaul posted:

Yeah Maxim is a lad's mag not a comic book. And DC comic book characters, a lot of which are aimed at young children is not the place for that poo poo.

Since when? The target demographic is 18-35 these days.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Soonmot posted:

Don't you dare poo poo on Tango & Cash, that poo poo is Art!

More enjoyable than half the poo poo DC is publishing these days.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Eh that is kind of a counterfactual. We don't know if comic sales would plummet if you removed the cheesecake. Its never been really tried.

There were Vampirella and Lady Death series where they were fully clothed and they sold like poo poo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Madkal posted:

To be fair those characters were designed for cheese cakeyness. Altering how they looked is pretty much going against their reason for existing. I am more interested in how well Wonder Woman sold when they gave her pants.

Probably like poo poo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You guys seem to be unaware that "super-star" writers don't get edited. Yes, Lobdell still qualifies.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That post Death of the Family issue where Bruce told Jason it was time to come home tugged on every single string of my heart.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There is nothing there that indicates Superboy Prime, I don't know why people are saying it's still part of his resurrection.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CharlestheHammer posted:

That is pretty clearly Superboy Prime in the Panels DT just posted.

Those are pre Flashpoint.

From 2006 to be exact.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't see a single thing that alludes to Superboy Prime.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

True, but it is the most satisfying answer we have until is revealed it was Nix Uotan/Darkseid/the Anti Monitor/The New Gods doing.

If it's true why are you pushing so hard that it is SBP when he hasn't even shown his face in the N52 yet? And you're wrong that it's a satisfying answer.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Because the scene is framed to be Winnick's explanation for the N52, personally I don't care about it (and I doubt Lobdell does) but I have to talk about it since it would be the biggest controversy on the story (lot "hoodies" have started to lose their poo poo over this over boards, FB and Tumblr)

So you found more satisfying to have Jason suddenly become alive on his coffin just because?

Anything is better than SBP and you're the one who just decided that it was still in continuity contrary to everything we've seen on panel in the N52.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Not just me though, anyone familiar with Jason came to the same conclusion.

I've read every single comic Jason Todd has appeared in since HUSH and I didn't come to that conclusion and you shouldn't speak for everyone. You actually had someone convinced it was SPB because you posted panels from the Annual without stating when they were from and thus almost converted someone else to your bad theories.

Let me tell you this, nobody but you thought it was SPB. Just because you make poor conclusions and have terrible theories doesn't mean that everyone else thinks the same way. But then, nobody else is as obsessed with Jason Todd as you are.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

That was the reaction on FB, tumblr and CBR. :shrug:

You're not defending your position very well when you use the cesspool of the internet as one of your sources.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Well, in this situation the fanbase is the only one that will discuss this kind of thing since DC will keep things foggy until they figure out the best way to take advantage of this setup.

But I'll concede your point, instead of SPB let's say Jason was revived by cosmic fuckery again. Better?

Also, I'm susrprised that you've read all of Jason appearances. Thought you hated (or didn't like at least) the guy.

As far as we've seen so far there was no cosmic fuckery. He just woke up and we don't know why.

I've never said anywhere that I don't like Jason Todd.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I was a harsh critic because for the bulk of it's run it has been a very, very bad comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I see, so has your opinion about the book changed a bit?

It's had one or two bright spots but still sits at the bottom of my reading list as far as DC books go. The issue where Bruce and Jason reconciled was great but immediately chucked in the bin.

• Locked thread