Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

LemonAIDS posted:

Battlestar Galactica is a pretty cool board game.

This is onyl true when youre playing the VASSAL mod with wacky sound effects

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
i have played the battle star galatica board game and it is lacking

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
how thought a game by Fantasy FLight with liscensing from a hit Scifi TC Show could be bad?

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
sounds like someone has a hate boner for fantasy flight

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

i'll start liking them as soon as they stop making poo poo games/licensing old poo poo games

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Is it fascism yet posted:

how thought a game by Fantasy FLight with liscensing from a hit Scifi TC Show could be bad?

Ive never played Arkham Horror even once but I want to dive into a full expansion game just because i feel like it needs to be done

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

Meme Emulator posted:

Ive never played Arkham Horror even once but I want to dive into a full expansion game just because i feel like it needs to be done

Latina, no, stop

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Meme Emulator posted:

rip in peace

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Meme Emulator posted:

it might sound appealing but you'll be bored as gently caress 4 hours in

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Board gamers trying to shitpost with the best of them. :allears:

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

Bobby The Rookie posted:

im glad that VVVVV guy is hear to wreck em

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Bobby The Rookie posted:

w-w-w-well you are a nerd!

*pushes up glasses*

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Is it fascism yet posted:

im glad that VVVVV guy is hear to wreck em
It's just cute, that's all. :cheeky:

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

comedy option: megamek?

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
what happened to retarded guy ruinsmy boardgame nights megathread btw?

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

Bobby The Rookie posted:

ycs has always had trad games and bored games threads. your move, creep.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

Scyther posted:

you can tell it's needed to because the Boardgame thread is filled with passive-agressive taste disagreements

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
Listen up i'm from Germany and ive got something to say:

Death to america
Death to "nerd culture"
Death to GW, FF and WOTC

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Hey mods. Great chance to "get in good" with the growing DDRD community here. Simply ban this fuckwit "Is it fascism yet" so the forum won't have to suffer his boring posts everywhere.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Scyther posted:

All the hardcores either got banned or complacent between then and now. Not even BrokenLoose will touch this terribad thread. Where is the style? :hehe:

LemonAIDS
Aug 7, 2009

They are pretty great.

Meme Emulator posted:

People should only use one of the expansion boards at a time, if at all and only if you have at least 6 people playing IMO. Using them all would be a huge clusterfuck where you'd lose instantly because a million rifts in Kingsport are open, the Dunwich horror is awake, and the deep one track is almost full and you don't have nearly enough players to deal with all the bullshit at once.

Coin
Jan 9, 2006

I'm no shitposter; I always know how I'm posting is wrong. I'm just a guy that doesn't like reading the thread, effortposting, and respecting the mods. So if you think about it, I'm the best poster here.
Euphoria owns so hard. You can pay your workers in food or drugs (or just not pay them) and with the right recruit you can just eat them or suck their brain out for huge rewards. You have to be careful that your workers remain too stupid to figure out what an rear end in a top hat you are or they'll run away. Building markets is great because once you start building one everyone who doesn't help you gets penalized.

It's a p. decent worker placement underneath all this awesome theme, too.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

i bought legacy: the testament of huge loving title and i've read the rules and now ive got cold feet

at least it was cheap + i can resell it on

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

twilight struggle is the best board game ever made

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

StashAugustine posted:

twilight struggle is the best board game ever made
truth :hfive:

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

but seriously if you dont like twilight struggle gtfo of this thread

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
i opened up a copy at my flgs and tried to read the rules and my eyes crossed and i got all gassy so i put it back

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

El Generico posted:

i opened up a copy at my flgs and tried to read the rules and my eyes crossed and i got all gassy so i put it back

pussy, play avalon hill sometime

actually does anyone play old-school 80s hex and chit stuff? my dad had a huge collection so it became a family pastime. best were squad leader (as long as you ignored vehicles) and war and peace. i suppose third reich was cool but it took forever to play. i've got a copy of the starship troopers game too, it's cool but the art is painfully 70s

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

most of the old stuff doesnt really stand up to the newer stuff

asl is still good, ocs is still awesome, but theres loads of good newer stuff out there atm

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

actually on that subject what's a good 'replacement' for third reich? something where you've got some tactical control (so higher-level than axis and allies) but still at the grand strategy level, while not requiring literal weeks to play? i'd love to also see a napoleonic or civil war game on the same level but those are probably a lot rarer

also if there is a good thirty years war game on any strategic level i will poo poo myself

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

new stuff at grand strategy levels are:

Totaler Krieg/Dai Senso: awesome because the first part of it is like a cyoa where you get to make crazy a-historical alliances and use cards to decide on the politics of your country, although it takes at least two full days to play

The Supreme Commander: ive heard issues with how the p500s were handled since an errata was issued almost as quickly as the game came out

any of the CDGs, esp Paths of Glory/Pursuit of Glory (those own, can be played in a day)

if you really want something close to third reich theres A World At War which is basically advanced third reich/empire of the rising sun all put together

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Bobby The Rookie posted:

All the hardcores either got banned or complacent between then and now. Not even BrokenLoose will touch this terribad thread. Where is the style? :hehe:

Lol, I like Broken Loose but hes still a crazy eprson

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

brokenloose is a good guy, he just REALLY LIKES board games

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I call them bored games because they suck.

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
i like small world but my friends dont seem to like it so much how come

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

swamp izzo posted:

I call them bored games because they suck.
wow ive never heard that joke before :downsbravo:

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Tekopo posted:

brokenloose is a good guy, he just REALLY LIKES board games

Its funny when he loses, Riidi beat him like 5 times in a row in Race for the Galaxy including a lucksack or two and he kept getting madder and madder at the game, lol.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Meme Emulator posted:

Its funny when he loses, Riidi beat him like 5 times in a row in Race for the Galaxy including a lucksack or two and he kept getting madder and madder at the game, lol.
watching him getting mad at tta is like one of the natural wonders of the world, its beautiful

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

tripwood posted:

i like small world but my friends dont seem to like it so much how come

idk man even my friends who only played Catan aside from poo poo like risk and monopoly liked small world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

small world is alright but the original species were unbalanced like gently caress

• Locked thread