Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Tekopo posted:

small world is alright but the original species were unbalanced like gently caress

It's also simple enough it's legit for two players to 2v2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coin
Jan 9, 2006

I'm no shitposter; I always know how I'm posting is wrong. I'm just a guy that doesn't like reading the thread, effortposting, and respecting the mods. So if you think about it, I'm the best poster here.

Is it fascism yet posted:

what happened to retarded guy ruinsmy boardgame nights megathread btw?

I decided to take the goon advice like...three pages in? Then it went on for nine more pages because Somethingawful

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

guy i was meant to play with today cancelled cause of family problems

gawd, stupid real life getting in the way of MY BOARDGAMING

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
bump

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
board games? i call em borat games because they are fun all the time, i like

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
very nice

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

is good! yagziemasz

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Gas.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
If you think that landing on Free Parking means that you get all of the money that people had to give up from the tax spaces I will destroy you.

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

Red Minjo posted:

If you think that landing on Free Parking means that you get all of the money that people had to give up from the tax spaces I will destroy you.

You have my sword.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Red Minjo posted:

yase lets make rules to monopoly that make it even more of an endless, mind-numbing slog

see also not doing auctions for unsold properties

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

clipping counters is the stupidest goddamn thing but i still do it because otherwise other war gamers will judge me

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

sure beats counting clippers. ha ha, but seriously folks.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

post on any war gaming forum that you don't clip counters and watch as the disgusting grognards pop out of the woodwork to admonish you

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm going to play some lost legends tonight

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i'm going to play some lost legends tonight
what the hell is that?

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

If this goes badly, and I make a crater, I want it named after me!
I played agricola the first time the other day, it was ok. Power grid was a hit at my board game night.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

MindSet posted:

I played agricola the first time the other day, it was ok. Power grid was a hit at my board game night.
agricola becomes better the more you play it but it was too much of a time investment to actually get to that stage

the only game i have ever spent time to get good at is twilight struggle

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

Tekopo posted:

agricola becomes better the more you play it but it was too much of a time investment to actually get to that stage

the only game i have ever spent time to get good at is twilight struggle

I never got why people call the gric a slog, just do some stuff, block some stuff and try funny card combos. It's fun to not overthink.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I never got why people call the gric a slog, just do some stuff, block some stuff and try funny card combos. It's fun to not overthink.
i played in a gric tourney and it was the worst decision ever and ruined the game for me

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

if it takes more than five minutes to set up a board game it should be a computer game, and not a board game

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

chaosbreather posted:

if it takes more than five minutes to set up a board game it should be a computer game, and not a board game
sorry you dont have friends and/or a little patience

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

chaosbreather posted:

I played Advanced Civilization on the PC and it worked well, but theres a lot of merit in the physicality of a real game

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!
just wanna play board games all day

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

CNN Sports Ticker posted:

just wanna play board games all day
and every day

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!

Tekopo posted:

and every day

So what the gently caress is the deal with people who don't like card games. I've met people a couple times now who are all 'I like board games' and then are all 'oh I don't like card games' when I pull Netrunner or Love Letter or something

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
Probably apalled by their MTG Memoires, i know i was

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Probably apalled by their MTG Memoires, i know i was
board gaming ptsd

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
whats the verdict on the civilization board game?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

hubris.height posted:

which one?

original civ/advanced civ are awesome but take a heck of a lot of time to play

sid meier's civilization: the board game is really loving bad: imagine a civ game in which tech 3 units can have the same strength as tech 1 units, through random luck! its really loving silly

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

hubris.height posted:

There's like 6 of them. I played the did Meyer branded one and its deece, but you should probably just play tta

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

Tekopo posted:

which one?

original civ/advanced civ are awesome but take a heck of a lot of time to play

sid meier's civilization: the board game is really loving bad: imagine a civ game in which tech 3 units can have the same strength as tech 1 units, through random luck! its really loving silly

Also you can turn your enemies Land tile into desert WITH Culture, lotsa nonsense

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CNN Sports Ticker posted:

So what the gently caress is the deal with people who don't like card games. I've met people a couple times now who are all 'I like board games' and then are all 'oh I don't like card games' when I pull Netrunner or Love Letter or something

Just guessing here but maybe it's not cards or boards that they like or dislike but hidden information. Board games tend to have most of everyone's resources or whatever out in the open whereas card games you generally keep your hand hidden.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't know which Civilization board game I played but it seemed like a very old one. A lot of it was tedious and took forever but I really liked the trading mechanic, you had to trade at least three cards at a time but you only had to tell the truth about two of them.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Ralp posted:

I don't know which Civilization board game I played but it seemed like a very old one. A lot of it was tedious and took forever but I really liked the trading mechanic, you had to trade at least three cards at a time but you only had to tell the truth about two of them.
that's probably civ/advanced civ, the game of giving catastrophe's to other people in trades

Bo-Pepper
Sep 9, 2002

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Fun Shoe

i also play them with my wife hah you know what i mean my wiiiife

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Bo-Pepper posted:

i also play them with my wife hah you know what i mean my wiiiife
so you mean your siiiiister

Bo-Pepper
Sep 9, 2002

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Fun Shoe
no i have a wife and son tekopo don't you judge me and my lifestyle

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Bo-Pepper posted:

no i have a wife and son tekopo don't you judge me and my lifestyle
this is a judgement free zones (unless you like lovely board games)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
its the sid meyer one i got it for half off at a convention, should've done some research first. basically just bought it because it has the civ logo on it

• Locked thread