Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles
If the Raiders let Houston go and replace him with Donald, I'll be pissed as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

At this point in the draft process, it seems they could trade down like 8 spots and still get Aaron Donald. That could be completely wrong or change entirely by the time the draft rolls around, though.

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles
It's not that Aaron Donald is not a great player because he is. I just don't see any positive gain of doing something like that. Lamarr Houston would be Aaron Donald if he played the 3-tech instead of RE/LE.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Donald had a top 3 combine performance, it's not an unrealistic spot to draft him at this moment.

Re: 2-5 for top 5 pick. That's completely unrealistic. No team would ever trade the #4 pick for 4 picks in the 2nd and 3rd day. That would get you fired out of a cannon as a GM.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I think letting Houston go is ridiculous if they do it. I would be looking at a 4-3 with Houston, Sims, Donald, and maybe Michael Bennett. Donald may need some time to really start wrecking poo poo, but he'll be able to move guards right away, and he's only gonna get bigger.

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007

In the real world, yeah. But, in the real world the Browns would have had better offers, since it would have been negotiating with many teams instead of one. And, the Browns probably really like Bridgewater.

TFF GMs do things like trade out of the top 10 to swap 3rd rounders.

smuggler fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Mar 4, 2014

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

smuggler posted:

Which the Browns basically did a few times since Sanchez was drafted, twice in one draft iirc.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Sweet thursday, I am very interested in trading for Geno Smith. However, I do not have the stamps you requested. I have some Magic: The Gathering cars lying around, if you are interested.

dont hate the playa
May 12, 2009
Had to fill a glaring need for the Falcons. Still a tough decision though.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

smuggler posted:

Take a look at the last few years and the trade downs/ups involving big jumps into the top 5. Go ahead.

In no reality is 33,65,97 and 109 getting that done. Not worth out 2015s #1 and 2

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I do think if you want to trade your top 10 pick for 4 other picks in this draft that's fine. I could see why someone would want to post picks 4 times instead of once.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

:siren: TRADE :siren:

The New England Patriots have traded their 1st round pick (29 overall) and 4th round pick for Tampa Bay's 4th round pick and Darrelle Revis.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Burger Trench posted:

:siren: TRADE :siren:

The New England Patriots have traded their 1st round pick (29 overall) and 4th round pick for Tampa Bay's 4th round pick and Darrelle Revis.

This also means that the Bucs get their third rounder back, because Revis will not have been on the team at the beginning of the 2014 league year.

Here is my proof: http://www.prosportstransactions.com/football/DraftTrades/Years/2014.htm

Parmesan Basil fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Mar 4, 2014

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Parmesan Basil posted:

This also means that the Bucs get their third rounder back, because Revis will not have been on the team at the beginning of the 2014 league year.

Hahaha that's just fantastic. gently caress you Jets owner.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
The league year starts with free agency doesn't it? If we're pretending this is a draft day trade wouldn't the Jets keep that pick?

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

The league year starts with free agency doesn't it? If we're pretending this is a draft day trade wouldn't the Jets keep that pick?

Oh. Maybe? I assumed that it was happening "today" and not on actual draft day. I may be totally wrong!

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

Awwww, don't ruin my Billy Fiveaces moment.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Burger Trench posted:

You've made a powerful enemy today, my friend.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Grittybeard posted:

This is actually correct, dang.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I see how it's going in this thread. The Jets will not be made a mockery of!

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

sweet thursday posted:

I see how it's going in this thread. The Jets will not be made a mockery of!

Hey, I'll still take Geno off your hands, if you want.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Burger Trench posted:

Now I feel bad because that would have been pretty awesome.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Burger Trench posted:

Don't worry I'm still pretending we hosed the Jets.

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007

2012: TB traded up from 7 to 5 for an early 4th rounder (4)
2012: DAL traded up from 14 to 6 for a mid 2nd (2)
2013: SF trade up from 31 to 18 for a mid 3rd (3)

It's skimpy on analysis, but it's not outlandish. Definitely possible if you have next year's picks on the table (2)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

^^^ Your examples are 7 to 5, 14 to 6, 31 to 18. None of those are remotely close to 33 to 4.

So the third round pick for the Buccs belongs to the Jets? I need to update the pick order if so, it wasn't reflected in the one I copied from the OP

Also our Mel Kiper Jr is failing us

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007

Not individually. I'm using those transactions to judge the value of the picks involved.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ah ok. Of course, in this case we were talking about trading up to take the best QB in the draft from a team that has that as a huge position of need

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Intruder posted:

^^^ Your examples are 7 to 5, 14 to 6, 31 to 18. None of those are remotely close to 33 to 4.

So the third round pick for the Buccs belongs to the Jets? I need to update the pick order if so, it wasn't reflected in the one I copied from the OP

Also our Mel Kiper Jr is failing us

Use this link. It's accurate. http://www.prosportstransactions.com/football/DraftTrades/Years/2014.htm

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Your link got truncated

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

I know, I fixed it.

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007

San Francisco 49ers posted:

Traded 2013 second round pick (#34-Justin Hunter) to Titans for 2013 second round pick (#40-Cornellius "Tank" Carradine), 2013 seventh round pick (#216-Charles Johnson), 2014 third round pick (?-?) on 2013-04-26

drat, that's a sick trade.

Also, if the Jets lose the Bucs' 3rd rounder, they get back their 4th rounder instead.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ok, fixed the 3rd round thing. Further complicating the "Haha the Jets got hosed" thing is that if the Jets don't get the third rounder, they get the fourth rounder. However, the fourth rounder was used in the Revis trade, therefor if that trade takes place before the new league year then the trade is invalidated immediately :toot:

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007

Ah, the old Fiveace Paradox.

Triggers a chain of events that leads to the end of existence.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Or the Buccs further gently caress the Jets by giving the Pats that third rounder instead ;)

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I don't know what's going on but can I draft McCarron yet

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Intruder posted:

Ok, fixed the 3rd round thing. Further complicating the "Haha the Jets got hosed" thing is that if the Jets don't get the third rounder, they get the fourth rounder. However, the fourth rounder was used in the Revis trade, therefor if that trade takes place before the new league year then the trade is invalidated immediately :toot:

I think we established that the trade takes place after the beginning of the league year, so then they have the fourth.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Parmesan Basil posted:

I think we established that the trade takes place after the beginning of the league year, so then they have the fourth.

Yes I realize that, I'm just pointing it out

Anyhow, Tampa Bay is on the clock and man do they have a selection of guys to pick from

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Intruder posted:

Yes I realize that, I'm just pointing it out

Anyhow, Tampa Bay is on the clock and man do they have a selection of guys to pick from

Yea it's loving aggravating. My list was Bridgewater, Watkins, JFF, Donald so now I'm sifting through plan B.

I'm also taking trade offers because there's one top QB left and I'm now eyeing top CBs as well.

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007

If anyone is interested, these are the players I've got on the trading block.

Randall Cobb
Bryan Bulaga
Nick Perry
Johnathan Franklin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Why would you want Geno Smith?

• Locked thread