Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«105 »
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Hey look free agency is this month, actual things will start happening soon!

Here's the schedule for the month.

March 3: Deadline for teams to place the franchise tag

March 8-11: Teams can enter into negotiations with the agents of players who are set to become unrestricted free agents. A new contract cannot be agreed upon until 4 p.m. ET on March 11.

March 11: New league year, free agency begins, teams have until 4 p.m. ET to exercise contract options, teams have until 4 p.m. ET to submit offers to restricted free agents, teams have until 4 p.m. ET to submit a salary tender for exclusive-rights free agents, and all teams must be under the 2014 salary cap by 4 p.m. ET

March 23-26: Owners meeting. This is where they come up with all the new bullshit rules we'll bitch about for 4 months and forget about by the time the actual season starts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

"If I cannot inspire love, I will cause fear; and chiefly towards you my arch-enemy... do I swear inextinguishable hatred."

Aw man. I was about to make it & call it The M-Word.

Feb 24, 2006
Now Broadcasting His Greatness in 87 Countries

Somebody was telling me that on ESPN, they were talking about how the Eagles had interest in trading a first round pick for Jarius Byrd...can't find anything online....this is bs, right?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Jarius Byrd is a free agent. If Buffalo tags him before free agency then a trade could be in play, but I kind of doubt it and a first round pick would be a lot to give up in that circumstance even for a player of Byrd's caliber because the Eagles would also be signing Byrd to a big contract as a contingency of the deal.

Burger Trench
Jul 18, 2003

Alternatively, having a star safety named Byrd on the Eagles would be pretty cool.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Hm yes. Lena Dunham is def on my short list of girls I'd like hatefuck

Yeah I think I'm okay with trading our first round pick for Byrd + a late pick. Our pass defense is a sieve.

Quest For Glory II
Dec 17, 2003

They won't have to give up anything.

Rotoworld posted:

WGR 550 Buffalo reports the Bills are unlikely to re-sign or use the franchise tag on free agent FS Jairus Byrd.

"The two sides have had productive discussions, and while things could change, it seems at this point that the two sides will split," writes Jeremy White.

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

QFGII, my daughter thinks it's hilarious that your roboparrot is singing Disney songs right now.

v: I feel better now that it' a month closer than I did after the Super Bowl, that's for sure.

smuggler fucked around with this message at Mar 2, 2014 around 18:44

Verisimillipede
Jul 17, 2006

N: Football has been over for a month.

V: This sucks.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Hm yes. Lena Dunham is def on my short list of girls I'd like hatefuck

Quest For Glory II posted:

Beautiful. Give him all of the dollars. Signing the best defensive back on the market has never backfired on us before.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Beautiful. Give him all of the dollars. Signing the best defensive back on the market has never backfired on us before.

Maybe they'll let the Jets take him this time.

Feb 24, 2006
Now Broadcasting His Greatness in 87 Countries

Eagles signing Byrd and drafting a CB in the first round would be awesome, right?

Right?

Silly Burrito
Nov 26, 2007

Not every Manning gets to win a Super Bowl.

Verisimillipede posted:

N: Football has been over for a month.

V: This sucks.

The draft is only two months away. Plenty of time to read approximately 40 bazillion mock drafts and to prepare for the eventual 2014tedginndraft.gif.

DOOP
Sep 3, 2011

I post like Jeff George fucks - Boogie Fever

C'mon Chip, sign him up

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Silly Burrito posted:

The draft is only two months away. Plenty of time to read approximately 40 bazillion mock drafts and to prepare for the eventual 2014tedginndraft.gif.

I predict that this year's draft.gif player will be Logan Thomas when someone inevitably takes him in the second round.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I say, old bean.

Benne posted:

I predict that this year's draft.gif player will be Logan Thomas when someone inevitably takes him in the second round.
Second-rounders never warrant draft.gif, unless it's a punter

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

Yo Eagles, how much cap space do you have because we have like 60 million and a 38 year old FS.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raiders apparently liked Derek Carr more than Manziel coming out of the Combine

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The struggle is real

Benne posted:

I predict that every pick that is even the slightest reach will have pages of over the top reactions as people try to secure a spot in the next draft.gif

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

Sweeney Tom posted:

I am still rooting for Derek Carr to the Texans with the #1 pick.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Sweeney Tom posted:

With so many QBs that people are looking at in the draft I wouldn't take "team X likes Y more than Z" at face value.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Remember the past, and that there is a future.

I suspect that Micheal Sam will go fairly high in the goon draft, and probably where he would have gone anyways in the regular draft.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I turn my gaze out upon the field and forever burned into my eyes is a sorry pageant of spectacular failure

If the Eagles land Byrd I will personally put bald eagles back on the endangered species list

Chichevache
Feb 16, 2010

the text is unnecessary

Febreeze posted:

If the Eagles land Byrd I will personally put bald eagles back on the endangered species list

Good. I want a world where the national bird is a loving turkey.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Chichevache posted:

Good. I want a world where the national bird is a loving turkey.

Only if I can still eat turkey.

Quest For Glory II
Dec 17, 2003

Rotoworld posted:

A source with inside knowledge of the 49ers told the San Francisco Chronicle that coach Jim Harbaugh's "act has worn thin" inside the team's locker room, particularly among "face of the 49ers" type players.

The 49ers have been able to overcome the friction due to winning, but the Chronicle's Ann Killion suggests "a few losses could expose a widening rift." This is the first report of players having problems with Harbaugh.
Man Jim Harbaugh is going to be insufferable on the Jets in 2015.

Chichevache
Feb 16, 2010

the text is unnecessary

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Only if I can still eat turkey.

I'd rather have eagle for thanksgiving dinner.

Man Jim Harbaugh is going to be insufferable on the Jets in 2015.

I'm very excited for an NFC West in which the Niners are the bottom team.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Febreeze posted:

Bald Eagles are the best symbols of America imaginable, in that it's been observed that they will find massive amounts of fish/fish product being transported on trucks and will sit on the back and feast upon it. Some will gorge themselves so much their stomachs explode

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

"If I cannot inspire love, I will cause fear; and chiefly towards you my arch-enemy... do I swear inextinguishable hatred."

So NFL media is gonna go all on this Harbaugh thing all drat year, aren't they

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Spoeank posted:

So NFL media is gonna go all on this Harbaugh thing all drat year, aren't they

There's no way it'll be as bad as Handshakegate

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Jim Harbaugh has had so many shrill one-note hit pieces delivered by the media in the last week you would swear he was the Boston Red Sox manager.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Either he resigns and the media get exposed as idiots, or this is his last year in SF. Win-win scenario

MonsterWalk
Apr 6, 2012

fuck you/go browns

I wouldn't count the Browns out of the Byrd-race. Mike Pettine apparently wants him pretty bad and an A-grade safety would be a good use of the Browns cap space. The Browns are going to have to choose between tagging safety TJ Ward and Alex Mack. Mack had a lovely relationship with Banner but apparently has opened up to talking about returning with Ray Farmer. I'm assuming that the Browns will draft a young QB, so having Mack is invaluable or at least more valuable than TJ Ward. I wouldn't be surprised if they tagged or resigned Mack, let Ward walk, and signed Byrd as a free agent splash signing.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Chichevache posted:

I'm very excited for an NFC West in which the Niners are the bottom team.

Were you unconscious during the 00s

Chichevache
Feb 16, 2010

the text is unnecessary

Der Meister posted:

Were you unconscious during the 00s

You're right. I should have said "a good NFC West".

Andio
May 10, 2004

Byrd possible for Bucs?

I know we have Barron and Goldson but his Dad is the DB coach and Lovie wanted him when he was drafted (according to reports/Twitter).

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Show those chumps in Atlanta and Philly what real hatred is.

Andio posted:

Byrd possible for Bucs?

I know we have Barron and Goldson but his Dad is the DB coach and Lovie wanted him when he was drafted (according to reports/Twitter).

Oh boy, I don't know. He's going to be expensive and packing even more money into our secondary seems like it could be a bad idea and I don't think Goldson could be gotten rid of cheaply.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!

Intruder posted:

I predict that every pick that is even the slightest reach will have pages of over the top reactions as people try to secure a spot in the next draft.gif

This. It gets really annoying actually, and hasn't been funny since the first 2.

Chichevache
Feb 16, 2010

the text is unnecessary

HappyHelmet posted:

This. It gets really annoying actually, and hasn't been funny since the first 2.

The Bruce Irvin one was funny, but only because it was a genuine expression of shock since a vast majority of us had no idea who he was.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVLBjz7dNac

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Full of hopes an' full of fears, full of laughter, full of tears.

Chichevache posted:

The Bruce Irvin one was funny, but only because it was a genuine expression of shock since a vast majority of us had no idea who he was.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVLBjz7dNac
I love that gif that shows the draft day thread reactions. It was a beautiful moment.

«105 »