Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
dont i have to play on hard mode, to get that? my gentle bones can't handle that kind of pressure.

i am gonna start hunters copse once i get home, starting to get pretty excited. then once i finally beat the game i'm gonna go play and beat the original dark souls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

no dude you can buy them from the old lady merchant

make sure to get two, power stance is where the magic happens

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

01011001 posted:

no dude you can buy them from the old lady merchant

make sure to get two, power stance is where the magic happens

i will for sure ive been wanting a great dual wield for power stance, initially i was going to go for dual spears but all the spears seem to be garbage and everything resists piercing damage

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
mind-zero

it is not very good

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Snatcher on my browser.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Castlevania: Order of Ecclessia is a game I can play while listening to podcasts

it's quite good, not too difficult

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

I beat X-Men Origins: Wolverine, so I'm playing through it again on hard while Wolverine's wearing his goofy yellow spandex costume.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I just finished risk of rain and treasure adventure game so now I'm gonna continue playing the first witcher and transistor

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
I started playing Divinity Original Sin and I'm having a hard time getting into it.
It took me three hours to get to the first town that's right next to the starting area. A lot of it seemed to be fighting with the interface and loot stuff. I talked to a guy at the entrance and he had a bunch of good stuff to trade, but all my stuff that I wanted to sell was on my second guy. When I finished the conversation in order to swap guys, the dude vanished before I could barter with him! I keep having to swap characters and getting in and out of conversations to barter while doing some inventory management. The camera feels clunky and doesn't zoom out enough, not to mention the weird approach to changing the angle. A bunch of modifier keys (shift, alt, ctrl) only work on the left side of my keyboard for some reason. I feel like I hosed up by not having a healing spell that I can spam while out of fight because my dudes aren't healing outside of fight and those healing potions have been rare and expensive to barter for. There seems to be a whole lot of crafting stuff, but there's no explanation about what I should be caring about in terms of ingredients, so I'm carrying teeth and hair around because I have no clue if I should be keeping this poo poo in my inventory or not. Sometimes stuff can be turned into other things by dragging it on a hammer, but sometimes it's a dagger, or other things for some reason? Should I keep all things potentially useful for crafting stuff on me at all times? None of this stuff's obvious.

Basically I feel like there's a bunch of problems with the game that I might avoid by using a single characters at all times and avoid doing anything that isn't immediately obvious, but then it wouldn't be too interesting. I realize that despite the three hours that I poured into it, I wasn't particularly far if I haven't even explored the first town yet. Should I continue on and the game will start being more transparent with how it expects to be interacted with at any point? Or is this RPG going to require me to learn all of its silly quirks to start getting some enjoyment out of it?

Dec 26, 2012

the game itself is fun but the interface is just wretched. im waiting for someone to make a ui mod before i play it further personally

crafting stuff: http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=506737#Post506737 minus super heavy poo poo like barrels of oil though theres no real reason not to carry all that poo poo with you

that poo poo is pretty optional though really, at least as far as i played. if you want a healer theres a guy upstairs of the mayor's house who will join you, or take the warrior or water magic healing abilities

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Quality info, thanks!

Bummer about the crafting, though. I wish games would stop having to make players look poo poo up in a wiki just to know if something's going to be useful down the road. I'd be less anal about it if the game didn't have weight management in the inventory (not to mention gear repair). Neither seem like a particularly big deal in this game's case, but their very presence mocks my sperg-sense.

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

Ghost in the Shell (PS1). I keep dying on the 2nd level. Pretty fun and neat game, though.

Still playing Shin Megami Tensei 4.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
mega man star force 3. using codes to unlock the japanese only poo poo cause i wanna see just how badly i can break this game.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

oh god i can't stop playing warframe

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
the elder scrolls v: skyrim.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
Just reinstalled Red Faction Armageddon after several years. It is a fun game, destroying big buildings with a truckload of mining explosives is fun.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Trustworthy posted:

Just reinstalled Red Faction Armageddon after several years. It is a fun game, destroying big buildings with a truckload of mining explosives is fun.

you must be tlaking about red faction guerilla, armageddon was the lovely on-rails sequel.

which is a huge shame because I loved the hell out of guerilla

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

just started rayman origins and it's pretty cool, but is there any point in playing any character other than rayman?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

HalfHazard posted:

just started rayman origins and it's pretty cool, but is there any point in playing any character other than rayman?

multiplayer?

inexpensive meal
Jan 29, 2012

toot toot
Astebreed. It's a really fun shmup, a little heavy on the anime. Pretty, though.

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Half Life 2, featuring Gordon Freeman

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
well, MGR was $7.50 on Nuuvem so I guess it's time to blow poo poo up

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LfyLx3EGN4

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Axel Serenity posted:

well, MGR was $7.50 on Nuuvem so I guess it's time to blow poo poo up

I was going to be pedantic and say that it's time to cut poo poo up

but then I remembered that after you cut them they explode

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKh6HJvs_v8

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

HalfHazard posted:

There's no real point to playing rayman origins, rayman legends tweaks the floaty physics and spotty collectathon parts and contains all the levels from the first game.

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
Dragon Quest 8, because I'm ten years late

anyone got some sick alc. recipes for me to make early game?

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
The Last Federation is really weird and good

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I'm playing Endless Legend and it appears to be Good now. Endless Space was a fun game but had no longevity because of long-run balance issues, I'm not sure if they're fixed in Endless Legend yet but the community reaction is very positive right now. I'm playing as a clan of nomads who builds their cities on the backs of giant beetles that can move around, taxes all player trade game-wide and gets to buy mercenary armies that fly neutral flags and don't appear to belong to me.

Seems like a pretty cool game.

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
Goldeneye 64. Throwing the Oddjob hat and making him crouch so he looks really funny in multiplayer.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
parasite eve and soul blade

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I am attempting to go down my backlog in exactly the order they appear, so I just finished 10000000 and am now starting 39 steps, which is a visual novel based on some proto james bond thing.

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
got 8 days left before my elder scrolls online sub renewal comes up. might jack it in
dont knwow what the gently caress to play instead though. morrowind? probably morowind

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard
Resident Evil Revelations on the Nintendo triple double screen extra large. Just poking around for keys with the occasional spookbeast popping out, pretty chill game.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Morrowind (literally been playing this game since it came out)
RESIDENT EVIL... FOUR

Special mention to Doom 3. I posted about how bad the shotgun was in this game and I wondered if there was a way to make it better. Downloaded some mod that changed the spread to be way tighter and more importantly, makes it sound like a beast. I was still unimpressed so i doubled the number of pellets that it fires. Now doom 3 is playable

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

rip

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
Knights of the old republic, and sometimes Syberia. Old style

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

Cyra posted:

Knights of the old republic

Woah

Anyway, mostly dota2

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Everquest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012