Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dec 26, 2012

i recommend not getting stabbed, and instead stabbing him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

01011001 posted:

i recommend not getting stabbed, and instead stabbing him

It didn't work out. Then again I am a scrub. Will try again and keep your suggestion in mind

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Donkey Kong Country Returns Tropical Freeze

drat this poo poo is good

Yeah man. Just beat this recently. Probably gonna go back and try to unlock more stuff

Right now I'm playing lots of old point and click poo poo like monkey island, still life, and dark fall

Are they still trying to remake riven in the crysis engine? Cus that poo poo would own

MarioTeachesWiping fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Sep 10, 2014

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Cyra posted:

Yeah man. Just beat this recently. Probably gonna go back and try to unlock more stuff

Right now I'm playing lots of old point and click poo poo like monkey island, still life, and dark fall

Are they still trying to remake riven in the crysis engine? Cus that poo poo would own

I love the Donkey Kong Country games but invariably there are like 6 dk coin or puzzle pieces that make unlocking the real ending a huge pain.

I guess I need to stfu and harden up like a real gamer but drat I love it

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Schnedwob posted:

yeah Hammer is pretty clunky, but the main issue is that a few of the entities and models Struemon left in their game just crash Hammer outright

If possible you might want to try using the dota 2 hammer editor. Its like source 2 or some poo poo. I have no idea if its compatible with whatever game you're working on, and I haven't been able to try it out myself yet, but it looks p. ownage.

As for me, OP, I'm playing Half Life 2 On the Valve Hammer Editor Engine episode 2.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Im playing through Persona 3 for the first time, and continuing where I left off in EDF 2025, I got sidetracked by Dark Souls 2. EDF is some tough poo poo on the higher difficulties, if anyone owns it on PS3 I'd be down to play with you.

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

zen death robot posted:

I'm gonna hammer you for discussing DOTA2 like it counts as a game

I have deep regrets for my previous post. I offer you my sincerest apologies.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I'm playing Runers, and Hexcells Infinite, but mostly just waiting for hyrule legends.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

obstipator posted:

If possible you might want to try using the dota 2 hammer editor. Its like source 2 or some poo poo. I have no idea if its compatible with whatever game you're working on, and I haven't been able to try it out myself yet, but it looks p. ownage.

As for me, OP, I'm playing Half Life 2 On the Valve Hammer Editor Engine episode 2.

I'd love to give it a shot, but Valve broke mapping for EYE (along with a bunch of other games, as I understand) when they restructured how Steam's file system works a few months ago, so I have to use a workaround that I doubt even works with Hammer+

As long as I can make my lovely generic storyline about resurrecting a legendary psychic to stop a planet from crashing into a holy site, I guess!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Seshoho Cian posted:

I've been playing Dead Rising 3 and even though the PC port has quite a few technical issues, the game is quite good

It looks like a ps2 game.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Knuc U Kinte posted:

It looks like a ps2 game.

well yeah it was an xbox one game

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

Fatal Frame 3. I'd probably like these games more if the controls weren't so lovely.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Mercurochrome posted:

Fatal Frame 3. I'd probably like these games more if the controls weren't so lovely.

I'm fine with tank controls and I think the people who can't use them are whiny and bad at games

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Cyra posted:

well yeah it was an xbox one game

The PC can't handle the power of the Xbox One.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
I'm un-burned-out on Guild Wars 2 so I've been playing a lot of that again recently, very good game. Hearthstone is filling the void for when I can't friends together to play Magic, and is surprisingly fun. My friend just finished a 100% run of Banjo Kazooie and now he and I are going through Tooie, which will never not be great.

Good times all around, OP.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I just got Hack N Slash so I'll be playing that at least until I get another dogshit bundle and then play one of those.

I really need to like not buy any more games for a couple years and play the ones I have already.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
diablo3 with the dlcs on pc and loving it. doing the whole thing coop with my best friend

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

Cyra posted:

I'm fine with tank controls and I think the people who can't use them are whiny and bad at games

This game doesn't have tank controls. And yeah, people who can't use them are whiny and bad at games.

Cubivore_ fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Sep 12, 2014

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Ging to Pac-MAc. I assume th sekuxe will be better.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKGa_zbaG0Q

Yeah Bro
Feb 4, 2012

Just remembered Anarchy Reigns exists, it's a lotta fun. Haven't got an online match yet tho.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
idk if i would call anarchy reigns 'existing' especially because i'm pretty sure the online is all but dead

speaking of dead online deadspace 3 is surprisingly fun and i enjoy it a lot, except for "boss encounters" in it which are poo poo from my rear end

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
glad you asked OP, I'm playing shovel knight. and Im playing theatrhythm curtain call and smash bros as well as that.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I am currently playing that new Alien game as my nerdy Rift DK2 has arrived and the game supports it if you change a line in it's config files.
It is fun so far and a bit spooky!

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
I'm playing Alien: Isolation on my 360 and enjoying it even though I die a lot and playing Disgaea 4 on my Vita and enjoying it even though I have no idea what I'm doing half the time.

ZebTM
Jul 7, 2009

I'm playing Quake 1 for the first time on hard and the level design in this game is incredibly good.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

ffxiv and minecraft

i was trying eso for a while but am just kind of slowly disappearing away from it, oops

building giant obsidian cock fountains in mc is more fun

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Mario Kart 8 now, wowzers they put a lot of love into making this, it's really fun :)

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
Zero Gravity on Sega Genesis, love that poo poo.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Tyson Tomko posted:

Zero Gravity on Sega Genesis, love that poo poo.

I like your style man :)

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Dark Souls 2

I figure I love Demon's and Dark 1 so much I owe Dark 2 another shot so here I go again

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I've stayed away from Dark Souls as goons seem to universally love it and that is a major red flag to me, is it really worthy of the praise?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

peter gabriel posted:

I've stayed away from Dark Souls as goons seem to universally love it and that is a major red flag to me, is it really worthy of the praise?

It's fun.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Gonna get it

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
im playing styx master of shadows and im surprised how good it is and how much fun it is to play a stealth goblin

goblins arre the best fantasy race, moree gamese should let you play as one

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Working my way through Half Life 2, OP. Such a good game. What a great time it is, to be a gamer.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

peter gabriel posted:

Super good poo poo. Demon's Souls is better but you can only play it on PS3. Dark Souls is still real good so even if you do have a PS3 you could start with either.

That whole "hardest game ever" thing is a massive exaggeration. Game's not nearly the ball-crushingly difficult thing lots of internet folks like to say it is. Just gotta learn the rules it plays by and you'll get through no problem.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Harrow posted:

Super good poo poo. Demon's Souls is better but you can only play it on PS3. Dark Souls is still real good so even if you do have a PS3 you could start with either.

That whole "hardest game ever" thing is a massive exaggeration. Game's not nearly the ball-crushingly difficult thing lots of internet folks like to say it is. Just gotta learn the rules it plays by and you'll get through no problem.

I got Demon Souls free on PS Plus but never played it, is it still a good place to start in the series or are the sequels a better bet?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

peter gabriel posted:

I got Demon Souls free on PS Plus but never played it, is it still a good place to start in the series or are the sequels a better bet?

Perfectly good place to start. I played Demon's after Dark and ended up liking it more. It maybe is a little less forgiving with checkpoints than the Dark Souls games but it also has the best atmosphere and some great levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Harrow posted:

Perfectly good place to start. I played Demon's after Dark and ended up liking it more. It maybe is a little less forgiving with checkpoints than the Dark Souls games but it also has the best atmosphere and some great levels.
Nice, thanks :)
I'll give that a spin this weekend then.

• Locked thread