Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Playing some Terraria again, gently caress if it ain't a great game. Years later, how do they still keep updating this 2.50$ game with tons of new stuff? :drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
I started playing Divinity Original Sin and I'm having a hard time getting into it.
It took me three hours to get to the first town that's right next to the starting area. A lot of it seemed to be fighting with the interface and loot stuff. I talked to a guy at the entrance and he had a bunch of good stuff to trade, but all my stuff that I wanted to sell was on my second guy. When I finished the conversation in order to swap guys, the dude vanished before I could barter with him! I keep having to swap characters and getting in and out of conversations to barter while doing some inventory management. The camera feels clunky and doesn't zoom out enough, not to mention the weird approach to changing the angle. A bunch of modifier keys (shift, alt, ctrl) only work on the left side of my keyboard for some reason. I feel like I hosed up by not having a healing spell that I can spam while out of fight because my dudes aren't healing outside of fight and those healing potions have been rare and expensive to barter for. There seems to be a whole lot of crafting stuff, but there's no explanation about what I should be caring about in terms of ingredients, so I'm carrying teeth and hair around because I have no clue if I should be keeping this poo poo in my inventory or not. Sometimes stuff can be turned into other things by dragging it on a hammer, but sometimes it's a dagger, or other things for some reason? Should I keep all things potentially useful for crafting stuff on me at all times? None of this stuff's obvious.

Basically I feel like there's a bunch of problems with the game that I might avoid by using a single characters at all times and avoid doing anything that isn't immediately obvious, but then it wouldn't be too interesting. I realize that despite the three hours that I poured into it, I wasn't particularly far if I haven't even explored the first town yet. Should I continue on and the game will start being more transparent with how it expects to be interacted with at any point? Or is this RPG going to require me to learn all of its silly quirks to start getting some enjoyment out of it?

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
Quality info, thanks!

Bummer about the crafting, though. I wish games would stop having to make players look poo poo up in a wiki just to know if something's going to be useful down the road. I'd be less anal about it if the game didn't have weight management in the inventory (not to mention gear repair). Neither seem like a particularly big deal in this game's case, but their very presence mocks my sperg-sense.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
The latest DLC of Dark Souls 2. The end boss is a samurai man that is impossible to kill because he never stops stabbing. I don't remember this game being this hard! Go figure.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

01011001 posted:

i recommend not getting stabbed, and instead stabbing him

It didn't work out. Then again I am a scrub. Will try again and keep your suggestion in mind

• Locked thread