Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
dota 2
bravely default
gta v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

legendsuper posted:

haha what a lovely game

im playing rear end creed

how is black lagoon or w/e its called

gta v loving owns i am glad i waited till i could get it for 30 bones tho

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i'm still playing

bravely default
gta v
donkey kong country trop freeze
dota 2
earthbound off / on

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Granbar posted:

how is it bro

its fun and incredibly pretty and the multiplayer is good if you don't want to full clear as two players. its also super loving hard and tricky. sometimes it seems unfair because you don't see your impeding doom but its always avoidable and nothing is actually unfair.

i haven't played dkc since dkc3 so it feels fresh / new to me but ymmv if you've played all the releases between now and then

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
merc kings
remember me
dota 2
other poo poo

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

BKPR posted:

hilarious spoiler: after you awaken the four crystals, you get sent back in time and have to do it again. same bosses and everything. then again. maybe a third time, we'll see.

I really enjoyed it until then but goddamn how loving lazy can you be.

yeah

honestly just power through it don't do the extra poo poo its not really worth it even though it cooks up some cool boss battles in the final chapter

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

exmorte posted:

I am way too spergy about my rpgs to not do all the sidequest poo poo. (I did think the whole lorende thing was p cool tho)
It's all good though since putting bravely default down motivated me to get around to beating smt iv.
Also sold some cards on steam and picked up korea for civ v on the cheap. Koreans in spaaaaaace.

nice

korean space race vic is awesome and fun to get and p easy, especially with the new changes from bnw

yah brave default is good, but the extra fights don't give poo poo till the last chapter from steals. i hope bravely second does a lot more work. also, fun fact, brave default outsold ffxiii-3 lol

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

BKPR posted:

I prob won't finish that cause I got locked into the neutral path and can't clear some of those side quests it requires. Shame cause that game is loving rad.

please stop being a pussy and finish it

tia

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i beat soul hackers on lunch today

which means i am going to start playing strange journey on lunches / while making GBS threads

and long live the queen / ffix / eye / banished are eating up my play time at home

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Flynn Taggart posted:

What happened to your sweet av

this one is way better imho i tried to use the scroll bars

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
played some mario galaxy 2 as i work my way through my stack of games to play

its good and fun

next up: alchemist at dusk, metroid prime

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

LaTex Fetish posted:

is alchemist at dusk a game about potions and cool poo poo like that or is it about transmutation and gay poo poo like that one anime with the giant robot child?

i think it is a member of the gay robot anime child franchise

i like jrpgs even though or perhaps because they are all terrible garbage

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

trip report

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
which part of xenogears are you on because at some points it becomes pretty slumpy and hard to churn through. there's only a few parts, like those loving sewers, but they're not great

keep at it

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

fronz posted:

ff4 is poo poo. if yuo want to play one of those play nine, for the play station

yo 9 is real good but it gets text heavy at times

if you want to play a classic 2d 4 is good, so is 6. they're worth playing if you've played the 3d ones already

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Poonerman posted:

i really liked nine but tetra master is -poo poo-

yeah and the part of disk three where you MUST win two matches in a tournament is loving foul and upsets me every time

i've been playing it and after i won that i was like 'oh i can just go beat that book boss now' and got a game over. thats the maddest ive been in a while

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
yeah no ff9's card game is the stupidest loving garbage minigame

'lets have the values on the card be obscure, and impossible to determine. lets make very sure to discourage understanding it by having npcs say its a mystery'

gently caress that

but all in all, rest of the game is solid. i had forgotten how strong 9 was after not having played it for nearly a decade. its a good ff

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Fenrir posted:

whereas 8 was the opposite. the game was complete dogshit but the card minigame was amazing

yeah this is a p accurate statement but i still kinda liked 8

started playing mario galaxy 2, its good and fun

also started the metroid prime triology having never played them. the controls are kinda wonky for the 3d movement but everything considered its really good. i wish i could just play it using the classic controller attachment

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Anatidaephobia posted:

Playing through Metroid Prime properly for the first time, this game owns

also playing metroid prime triology for the first time

its good but i dislike the wii mote aim even though it works. should i continue to be obsessed with scanning everything or is it a waste of time?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

this looks like that one modern warfare 1 level

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
nice, thanks that's a pro tip

Anatidaephobia posted:

I'm playing a wii port of a gamecube game on a wii u :v:

same

i got my copy buy 2 get one free on black friday at gamestop for 30 bucks each with xenoblade poo poo was well worth it

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

SpazmasterX posted:

ff14 cause there has been fuckall to play for like 2 months. at least tales of xillia 2 comes out next month

oh poo poo i forgot about that

i should beat tales of xillia 1 but eh. ty for this reminder of a new jrpg to add to the pile

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
lotsa dota 2 and playing disgaea d2 again because i wanted to pick it up again and its a good game to play while watching netflix

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
idk if i posted it yet, but playing atelier ayesha and i'm pretty far, i think i'm coming up on the end of the game pretty soon here. the difficult of combat never really increases too much and its a fun game with almost no stress i'm enjoying it, even though the plot is dumb and the cut scenes are run the gamut from boring to cringe inducing cutesy jrpg poo poo

also i'm on dungeon E in SMT strange journey, and i hope to beat that in the next couple of weeks.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
yo smt nocturne is really good and i will finish it eventually

but its not my favorite smt game so far

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
So far Strange Journey is. I really like first person dungeon crawlers, and SMT II is really infuriating at the end. All the Megaten games are really good and you cannot make a mistake playing any of them. DDS is really good too, if you finish Nocturne and liked it you should check it out as well.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
Yeah, same. Except for P4G I have put at least 10 hours into every English Megaten game, and plan on completing all of them eventually.

Yeah I know that most people don't hold Strange Journey in as high a regard as Nocturne, and totally understand it. It is, strictly speaking, a better game overall than Strange Journey. Just don't enjoy it as much as SJ, maybe its the novelty of the dungeon crawling that is kind of hard to find outside of the EO franchise, who knows. I haven't played Nocturne as much as I should have, as well, so this opinion might change -- last time I played I beat the boss after that "trial".

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Fenrir posted:

well if you really like the dungeon crawl that much, in that style, maybe you should get the SMT 2 SNES fan translation. if you're really into the grid style dungeons and the long crawls you'll LOVE that game, and I'm not even being facetious or sarcastic. It's a tough game but you'll probably like it

Just be warned that Kether will make you want to tear out your own soul with your bare hands without at least some kind of guide

Yeah I played and beat SMT 2 on Chaos Route. It was... pretty good until the end. The final dungeon, especially the fight with Lucifer, made me mad as hell. The bugs in some of the text, especially in demon conversation, are kind of funny. The translator posts on the /VG/ SMTG and admitted there are problems but doesn't want to bother going through to fix the problems, I guess, seeing as the game is fully playable.

SMT2 I did not like as much because it was before forgiving Save Points, which SJ thankfully has. Otherwise its a great game to play on an emulator with save states, but it becomes trivialized once you get Charm Bullets and the Golden Gun (which you can, and should, save scum for in my opinion). A game I've found scratches the Dungeon Crawl itch really well is the EO series. 4 was exceptional and I beat that earlier this year.

Silver Striker posted:

i really want to like smt 1 and 2 but they're just too dated for me. i could barely take soul hackers and that was a few years later. it's weird because i love dungeon crawling grid based games. i guess i should give them another chance.

If SMT2 didn't grab you it isn't going to. Soul Hackers was a rough one for me, too, but I think that is because if you got surprise attacked you were going to get a guaranteed Game Over in a lot of situations. I'm glad I beat it but I don't think I could ever play through it again. Its good to see I'm not the only person who had to struggle through it though.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
Can you stomach SNES Era First Person RPGs with things like dark rooms, invisible holes (and no map displaying them), damage tiles, bosses that should be approached in specific ways, and surprise attacks that can possibly wipe out your party? If so, then definitely play SMT I and II, they're great games, but they show their age. Otherwise stick to SMT IV, its spectacular and worth putting on front burner.

How is EO:U? I don't own EOU or EO1 but I am considering picking up U next time its on sale.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
im playing dark souls 2 again

its really good and fun, but mace build is pretty op and strong. i wonder if i should start using the large club even though the aim is wonky

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i will start using it then. according to people online you should save the clubs for the boss because they have bad durability? idk. i will probably just switch between the mace and the club. is there a small mace for str/dex build that i can use to replace the mace? because its sick2nastybut i feel like its not sick2nasty enough

i lit the first primal flame i've ever lit now, so that's p hyped for me, but tiel fell off the bridge before the last sinner because i paused on the bridge to look at the structure and she was wearing ice shoes i guess idk

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
dont i have to play on hard mode, to get that? my gentle bones can't handle that kind of pressure.

i am gonna start hunters copse once i get home, starting to get pretty excited. then once i finally beat the game i'm gonna go play and beat the original dark souls

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

01011001 posted:

no dude you can buy them from the old lady merchant

make sure to get two, power stance is where the magic happens

i will for sure ive been wanting a great dual wield for power stance, initially i was going to go for dual spears but all the spears seem to be garbage and everything resists piercing damage

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

HalfHazard posted:

just started rayman origins and it's pretty cool, but is there any point in playing any character other than rayman?

multiplayer?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
beat atelier ayesha, playing atelier escha and on the final mission. having trouble filling up my item slots for the mission, gotta do the 50 battles as well and then i will be able to have full cleared everything in every mission

also got a psv and p4g so i'm playing that too

i beat both dlc in dark souls 2 and the main game (finally) so i feel really good and i love ds2, gonna go back to ds1 pretty soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
idk if i would call anarchy reigns 'existing' especially because i'm pretty sure the online is all but dead

speaking of dead online deadspace 3 is surprisingly fun and i enjoy it a lot, except for "boss encounters" in it which are poo poo from my rear end

• Locked thread