Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«11 »
Teddy meowsevelt
Nov 25, 2011

what the fuck is half a fucking figure?!?!

anyone want in on a shared co-working ("hack") space?

i'm looking for 5 people max and i can get us something for under 400 each

[ free u're self from working at a coffee shop and having to try to ignore some dumb bitch twirl her hair and drone on about social bullshit over the phone at a volume totally inappropriate for the situation ]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teddy meowsevelt
Nov 25, 2011

no irish

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

new york sucks

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

more like poo york

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

entangled

Teddy meowsevelt posted:

[ free u're self from working at a coffee shop and having to try to ignore some dumb bitch twirl her hair and drone on about social bullshit over the phone at a volume totally inappropriate for the situation ]

where the gently caress are you planning on living, bedstuy? jersey?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

entangled

double sulk posted:

new york sucks

double sulk posted:

more like poo york

Teddy meowsevelt
Nov 25, 2011

bump_fn posted:

where the gently caress are you planning on living, bedstuy? jersey?

what no i don't want to live with strangers from the internet

this is to rent out a 24/7 co-workspace (like a rental office)

.lnk to the past
May 3, 2005

psoting while drunk

double sulk posted:

more like poo york

sulk was right

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

entangled

Teddy meowsevelt posted:

what no i don't want to live with strangers from the internet

this is to rent out a 24/7 co-workspace (like a rental office)

ok where are you gonna get office space that cheap

Teddy meowsevelt
Nov 25, 2011

bump_fn posted:

ok where are you gonna get office space that cheap

i have a few connections

looking at dumbo and around union sq

$3000 for a basic office with desks for 6-8 people isn't that unheard of anyway and i'm going to be fronting a bit more of the cash

also considering just renting a retail space

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

entangled

Teddy meowsevelt posted:

i have a few connections

looking at dumbo and around union sq

union square is the new times square. never hung out around dumbo has gentrification forced the artists out yet

Teddy meowsevelt
Nov 25, 2011

bump_fn posted:

union square is the new times square. never hung out around dumbo has gentrification forced the artists out yet

that's really not true about union sq. the superbowl boulevard type poo poo still happens in midtown because it's a loving lost cause

not saying i love union sq or anything, but it's convenient for most trains

salisbury shake
Dec 27, 2011

I'll make the website

Teddy meowsevelt
Nov 25, 2011

salisbury shake posted:

I'll make the website

uhm... i'm not starting an office rental setup so not sure how this would help. also not trying to go into business with any of you

salisbury shake
Dec 27, 2011

Teddy meowsevelt posted:

uhm... i'm not starting an office rental setup so not sure how this would help. also not trying to go into business with any of you

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

entangled

Teddy meowsevelt posted:

that's really not true about union sq. the superbowl boulevard type poo poo still happens in midtown because it's a loving lost cause

not saying i love union sq or anything, but it's convenient for most trains

it is i just always found it insufferable. i prob should have explored brooklyn more when i lived in nyc but gently caress it i lived in the village

Teddy meowsevelt
Nov 25, 2011

bump_fn posted:

it is i just always found it insufferable. i prob should have explored brooklyn more when i lived in nyc but gently caress it i lived in the village

yeah not saying that i love it here or anything, but it's okay.

dumbo wasn't really for artists (i mean, there used to be a garbage dump there in the 80s, so QQ gentrification or whatever) and there's a still projects there, so i don't know why anyone would complain about it getting nicer

and bk is pretty cool, i lived in the e village for a bit and actually kind of hated it because it was pretty much the amateur show when it came to going out

edit: also, the "for artists" thing is some serious entitlement poo poo that people that can't get real jobs just vomit out so careful with that loaded gun

this thread is now generally about ny or whatever

motedek
Oct 9, 2012

I didn't know that you like to get wet.

should i move there

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

brooklyn is an overpriced shithole

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

entangled

Teddy meowsevelt posted:

yeah not saying that i love it here or anything, but it's okay.

dumbo wasn't really for artists (i mean, there used to be a garbage dump there in the 80s, so QQ gentrification or whatever) and there's a still projects there, so i don't know why anyone would complain about it getting nicer

and bk is pretty cool, i lived in the e village for a bit and actually kind of hated it because it was pretty much the amateur show when it came to going out

edit: also, the "for artists" thing is some serious entitlement poo poo that people that can't get real jobs just vomit out so careful with that loaded gun

this thread is now generally about ny or whatever

the only gentrification issue i actualy know anything about is i was told the hassidic population lived in williamsburg where rent was v cheap so they could work part time and study the torah. then hipsters started moving in and drove prices up. that prob sucks.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

entangled

double sulk posted:

brooklyn is an overpriced shithole

nyc is disgusting in general but i'm glad i got to live there for a few years. by the end i'm p sure it was actually driving me insane and im glad i got out.

Teddy meowsevelt
Nov 25, 2011

bump_fn posted:

the only gentrification issue i actualy know anything about is i was told the hassidic population lived in williamsburg where rent was v cheap so they could work part time and study the torah. then hipsters started moving in and drove prices up. that prob sucks.

nah gently caress them.

the hasids treat women like poo poo, protect child molesters, and are generally xenophobic fuckheads.

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

bump_fn posted:

nyc is disgusting in general but i'm glad i got to live there for a few years. by the end i'm p sure it was actually driving me insane and im glad i got out.

there are a couple genuinely nice parts in brooklyn, but a majority of it strongly resembles the lower northeast section of philadelphia (kensington, port richmond). the difference is that no one actively wants to live in that part of philadelphia unless they can't afford anything else.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

entangled

Teddy meowsevelt posted:

nah gently caress them.

the hasids treat women like poo poo, protect child molesters, and are generally xenophobic fuckheads.

if that's true then i agree. i grew up around super liberal jews whose parents were all drs and they all got $$$ when they turned 13 and i didn't.t

Teddy meowsevelt
Nov 25, 2011

bump_fn posted:

yeah, not my favorite place to live but it's better than suburbia

i think a lot of it comes from the massive income inequality, people being forced to interact, and massive benefits for either the super poor or rich (see the subway being dirty and lovely, parking lots full of cars in the projects, and high tax rates and cost of living for anyone making between 50k->250k).

Teddy meowsevelt
Nov 25, 2011

bump_fn posted:

if that's true then i agree. i grew up around super liberal jews whose parents were all drs and they all got $$$ when they turned 13 and i didn't.t

"super liberal jews" aren't the same group as hasids at all. night and day

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

I'd fuck on the first date but truckers usually just want their salads tossed

Also

Teddy meowsevelt posted:

nah gently caress them.

there was a really good satmar thread years ago in ask/tell that explained all of it in vivid detail. i tend to agree with the "gently caress them" opinion, but that usually goes for any really fundy religious group. i guess the amish aren't that bad.

Teddy meowsevelt
Nov 25, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

there was a really good satmar thread years ago in ask/tell that explained all of it in vivid detail. i tend to agree with the "gently caress them" opinion, but that usually goes for any really fundy religious group. i guess the amish aren't that bad.

yeah totally. they're tax cheats that play up the victim card while being legitimately horrible as a community

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

entangled

what OS do u think deblasio uses.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

I'd fuck on the first date but truckers usually just want their salads tossed

Also

if you wanna read the thread and have archives, here it is. it's really eye opening if you don't know anything about hassids

http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...40&pagenumber=1

Powercrazy
Feb 15, 2004

*~I'm Back Boyz~*

If you can read this your style sheet is a PoS.

motedek posted:

should i move there

no

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

a new world is coming
available fall of 1995

Teddy meowsevelt posted:

you can already get a private office inside a coworking space in brooklyn for ~400 a mo, and that place will have free coffee and paid janitors and stuff

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008

note: sulk has never lived in nyc
note: sulk chose to commute from philadelphia
note: sulk was left at the altar by stella

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

i'd say move to chicago which is like nyc but a lot cheaper and we don't put our trash on the street, but it won't loving stop snowing and this poo poo sucks

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

FamDav posted:

and that my friends, is how stella got her groove back

Mathturbator
Oct 12, 2004
Funny original quote

Good luck, op

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

~omnia delenda sunt~

Teddy meowsevelt posted:

put on headphones and also not not be an rear end in a top hat

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

entangled

minivanmegafun posted:

this poo poo sucks

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

FamDav posted:

living in a nice part of philadelphia and taking the train is much cheaper than living in a lovely part of new york and taking a 45 minute train ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

it doesn't take more than a few days to realize that new york is poo poo

«11 »