Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What race should goons play for PvP shenanigans?
This poll is closed.
Furry Dominion 352 27.24%
Orc Covenant 464 35.91%
Lizard Pact 476 36.84%
Total: 1292 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Verranicus posted:

How exactly does the justice system work that it's having pubbies grief themselves like this? Is it something you have to do?

Part of it is it was just released this past week so people are just throwing themselves into it. But some people are just dumb. Basically if you commit a crime you get a bounty which is X amount of gold. If you get caught by guards you have to bribe whatever the gold you have in your inventory for X bounty to clear it. If you are killed they just take gold off of you. Thievery is pretty light on fines, for the most part, but murder can get you a lot of heat and so I imagine there are some people just running around trying to kill every npc they come across, going broke quick and still being left with huge bounties that you have to wait off a long amount of time to go away (its 1 gold a minute, or something, I believe)

Edit: in some ways the justice system works even better than in Skyrim because you can't savescum and guards are immortal so if you get caught you really need to sneak your way to a hide out because guards will mess up even a maxed out character. Pubbies being that they are there's a lot of gnashing of teeth over getting caught in places like banks where of course there's guards everywhere and no easy exits.

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Mar 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaincypher
Apr 24, 2008

Orv posted:

As godel says, the patcher was written by an imbecile. It downloads the base game, then installs it, then does the same to patch it to current. :ughh:

I installed the game at 1pm. It's 8:30pm now, and I'm still patching with high speed internet. I'm probably just going to leave it going on overnight so hopefully I can play by the end of work tomorrow. So lame.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Berke Negri posted:

Pubbies being that they are there's a lot of gnashing of teeth over getting caught in places like banks where of course there's guards everywhere and no easy exits.
And on the other hand, I managed to loot a lockbox in a bank right behind the banker's back. The time window where both the banker and the guard were turned away was pretty small, so it was a bit tense. It was some Ocean's Eleven poo poo. :radcat:

Well ok, not really, but pretty cool anyway.

IRSmurf
Mar 27, 2010

I can't figure this out. I have friends who want to play ESO after it goes free to play. They already own the game. Do you get more rewards if you buy the game today, before it goes B2P, or on March 17th, after the game goes B2P.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

IRSmurf posted:

I can't figure this out. I have friends who want to play ESO after it goes free to play. They already own the game. Do you get more rewards if you buy the game today, before it goes B2P, or on March 17th, after the game goes B2P.

By this point the only difference I can think of is you would get a free month sub which I am not one hundred percent certain will still be a thing after the game goes B2P.

MrLlama254
Dec 9, 2013

IRSmurf posted:

I don't see any reason for waiting unless their subscriptions were no longer active or if they were waiting for the update that just came out.

The only reason I see new people getting the game before it goes B2P is for a cheaper box price because it will probably be around $60 everywhere afterwards.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

So this game is losing its subscription fee in lieu of? Cash shop? VIP subscription thing? Someone let me in.

Also should I buy this before it goes B2P so I can get it on the cheap?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

It's dropping the mandatory subscription in favor of both an optional "premium" subscription called ESO Plus which gives you a monthly allotment of Crowns (premium currency) and access to all future DLC (which includes new regions, quests, and items). You can also buy Crowns separately for their Crown Store, which as of right now, is confirmed to be solely cosmetic items such as Mounts, Costumes, and two main consumables: Potions (which are better than potions you find throughout the game, but worse than player-crafted ones; they also scale to your level) and Soul Gems (which are used to recharge enchantments on weapons and revive yourself/other players). Anyone with an ongoing subscription at the time of the transition will have their sub converted to an ESO Plus sub which can be cancelled at any time. However, while you lose access to the quests and zones, you keep all of the items and experience that you've obtained in those zones.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

DLC can be bought separately too so you can play it without a sub, but we don't know pricing yet on what's really optimal.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Also, if you've had a subscription at any time before the transition to B2P/Tamriel Unlimited, you will receive a "loyalty bonus" of 100 Crowns for ever 30 days that you've had a subscription in place. All users will also receive 500 Crowns for simply having the game.

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/ for more info

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Now the real question is where do I get this the cheapest in Canada

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

How is replacing a long grind with an indefinite grind supposed to be better?

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
The indefinite grind at least comes with character progression. For now the VR levels are still here so leveling past 50 is tedious as gently caress and need to go away like, now.

Want a reason for people to finish Cadwell's Gold? Offer the ability to switch factions at the end of it. Everybody I played with on EP is gone and all the pvp spergs transferred over from DC so it's just a hot mess of not fun and people yelling at others about how bad they are. So I moved to AD where most of the community/streamers actually seem like actual real people. I'd have much rather just played my existing vet chracters but welp, vet ranks.

Givin fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Mar 10, 2015

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
Pretty excited for this going B2P as I'm a sucker for all things Elder Scrolls. Has there been any word on pricing at this point? The website is poo poo to navigate and couldn't find anything.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
It's going to be around 45 to 60 bucks, depending on if you find a random sale at this point. G2A.com probably has it cheapest at like $47 for the standard edition.

You can pretty much expect the console versions to be 60 bones each for pretty much a long time.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Red Mundus posted:

Pretty excited for this going B2P as I'm a sucker for all things Elder Scrolls. Has there been any word on pricing at this point? The website is poo poo to navigate and couldn't find anything.

It's been on sale for year.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Yeah, just find it on Amazon, or Steam, or wherever. I don't know what prices are but it will likely go back up to full price once B2P is live.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
I've revived my nightblade healer alt lately (restoration staff, inferno staff, all light armour, ritual stone, leaning heavily on siphoning, etc. etc.) now that the siphoning ultimate has a morph that turns it into a straight aoe burst heal. Has anyone got anything like this at veteran level and does it work? One thing I like is how you can switch to doing damage with funnel health which is really cheap dps and slowly heals surrounding team members, so you can skirt the boundary between dps and healer, or something

IRSmurf
Mar 27, 2010

Buy it on GMG. I bought it with their 23% off coupon code. Get the CE. You get a mount at level 1. (Otherwise, it's something like 14,000 gold)

IRSmurf
Mar 27, 2010

Would someone send me an invite to DFG? Ingame: irsmurf

jestest
Feb 12, 2014

Ancient Aliens: Closer Encounters
just jumped back on my VR4 after a while. Is it still best to dump all your points into health and get all your mag/stam from items? or does the removal of overcharging make this pointless?

Omarmarious
Jan 21, 2012
My wife and I got into this for awhile, when it first came out. With the game going b2p has it gotten any better or worst?

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Omarmarious posted:

My wife and I got into this for awhile, when it first came out. With the game going b2p has it gotten any better or worst?

Better imo, but the best part about b2p is that once you have a copy you can always come back and check it out yourself free of charge.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Omarmarious posted:

Instead of grinding 14 levels, you get to grind 300 smaller levels.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
There's no "finish line" with champion points, though. I don't think there is an equivalent to the god tier gear you can get at veteran rank 12-14 or whatever it is. I wonder if they're going to put something in to replace that when they actually get rid of veteran ranks or whether you can just equip the best stuff as soon as you hit level 50

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Huh, apparently they upped the capacity of item stacking to 200 now. Which means even more bank space.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So is the F2P thing starting at midnight, or some other time tomorrow?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Verranicus posted:

So is the F2P thing starting at midnight, or some other time tomorrow?

It starts Tuesday, but I don't know what timezone it will kick off.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

It should start early Tuesday morning, same time as their maintenance periods.

Anyway, I'm gonna have a new OP up and running by tomorrow for people that are legitimately interested in playing this/coming back. I'll post the link when it's up.

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!

Scyantific posted:

Anyway, I'm gonna have a new OP up and running by tomorrow for people that are legitimately interested in playing this/coming back. I'll post the link when it's up.

Ill be interested. Wish we had more AD tho, as that's where my V14 is.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

Scyantific posted:

You may want to make it abundantly clear that the game is going B2P and not F2P. A few folks have popped into the thread with that impression.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Berke Negri posted:

It starts Tuesday, but I don't know what timezone it will kick off.

gently caress, not sure why I thought it was the 15th. Oh well, 2 more days won't kill me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

New OP up With all the info on Premium Content, Justice, and Champion systems.

• Locked thread